bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tech PC help  (Read 4714 times)

Vangie

Tech PC help
« on: January 14, 2009, 09:30:19 PM »

Looking for some advice on converting an originally configured network laptop that logs into a domain at startup, into a standalone unit that can still function in case the domain server is "removed from service" (as one example of a possible scenario).

If anyone could offer any input, PM's are appreciated, as this is probably not too interesting as an off topic thread--not exactly light hearted banter!  ;)  I'll explain further details via PM.  Thanks to any who might respond; online searches haven't turned up an answer that duplicates the situation.

Thanks much if anyone can help!

musicman

Re: Tech PC help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 09:42:50 PM »

Just reconfigure the data input mechanism to enhance the network firedetcondaptor to the modular receptor techmogulation device.  This will give a clear version of the bandomandomain as it should regulate the humidecomfactor clausation. 

There are many other ways to do this but I've been drinking and can't remember.  Hell, if nothing works just throw the whole modern day contraption into the trash and buy a new one.  What r ya?  Cheap?!!

daywalker

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 09:46:23 PM »

Looking for some advice on converting an originally configured network laptop that logs into a domain at startup, into a standalone unit that can still function in case the domain server is "removed from service" (as one example of a possible scenario).

If anyone could offer any input, PM's are appreciated, as this is probably not too interesting as an off topic thread--not exactly light hearted banter!  ;)  I'll explain further details via PM.  Thanks to any who might respond; online searches haven't turned up an answer that duplicates the situation.

Thanks much if anyone can help!

Hello Vangie,

I.T. here to help...

If you're looking to take it off the network, then first login to the PC
[if you have access to the network, or you can use the default administrator account-- if you don't know the password then go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>User Accounts, select the "Administrator" account--make sure it's not the domain administrator if there is one listed, "Domain" should be the PC's name, then click on "Reset Password" This will allow you to create one]

Right-click "My Computer", then Properties. Click the "Computer Name" tab. Then "Change". Select "Workgroup" then you can just name it "Workgroup" [Unless you prefer a specific name]

It will ask you to reboot. Then after it comes up, you can logon using the default "administrator" user account and password.

If you want to get rid of the Secure Logon, which is when you have to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL to login to Windows, then go back into the User Accounts, Click Advanced, then 'uncheck' the box under Secure Logon.

Hope this helps, let me know if you meant something different or if you had any problems.

Christopher.

Vangie

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:58:33 PM »

I already disconnected the flux capacitor, and the doomaflotchit discombobulated right after that. 

Yeppers, ding ding ding--I'm cheap--you nailed it, but...I'm poor too (monetarily I mean  ;) ;))  Thanks Musicman, but how about we get some input from some folks who aren't so deep into their 12 oz. curls? 

And as I posted this, Daywalker steps up to the plate!  Thanks--will try that!  Get back with you soon!

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 09:04:23 PM »

Oh no Vangie!
If Musicman is drinking...be careful following his advice! He may accidentally tell you to --uh oh, he did it he told you to throw it away! I thought he was going to tell you to blow it up. At least that advice was kinder to the old computer than some of his ideas for getting back at bad neighbors!! He has visions or revelations when he visits the pub so you gotta be on the lookout for strange ramblings.... :-X
Luckily for you, he couldn't remember the other ways to fix the problem! :o
Kathy :D

Vangie

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 09:19:43 PM »

You got that right Kathy!   ;)   Hee hee.  But it wouldn't be this much fun without his unique humor.  (Which reminds me:  how do you  surprise a bear the woods?...........u nique up on him!)

No throwing tomatoes please.  ;)

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 09:49:51 PM »

Yep around here you find a lot of U nique humor! Ha! I love these funny guys on here! Can't go far without a laugh!  ;D
Smiles!
Kathy ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.