bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Secret Message of Jesus  (Read 5090 times)

josh

The Secret Message of Jesus
« on: May 30, 2006, 04:13:32 PM »

Just curious if anyone has heard of or happened to pick up a new book entitled "The Secret Message of Jesus" by Brian D. Mclaren...

If you haven't heard of this guy, he wrote a book last year entitled "The Last Word and the Word After That"... which used the Socratic method to bring into question the reality of hell, whether it was an actual place or whether it is more a metaphorical place of refinement...

Last year, while I was attending a seminary in Central Florida... a friend of mine read this book and wrote a paper on this matter, at the time I thought it was all alittle "out there"... I recently went back to check that book out to see if it offered any insight I was missing and found instead this new book....

Although the book is definitely not perfect, it offers teaching that I have never before read from any "mainstream christian pastor"...

Anyone else stumbled on this book?

Deedle

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 06:08:14 PM »

Mat 13:11  
And he answered them, "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12  For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

Col 1:26  
the secret which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. 27  To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this secret among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Joh 12:36  
While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light." When Jesus had said these things, he departed and hid himself from them.

Deedle  :D

mercie

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 11:54:09 PM »

Good word Deedle.

Col 1:26
the secret which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.

27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this secret among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Joh 12:36
While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light." When Jesus had said these things, he departed and hid himself from them.

If I may add.

do we really have those Spiritual eyes to SEE?

For we are the Children of the Light

Not those who sleep and Get and get Drunk on Bad wine in the Nite

1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.  

1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.  

1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as [do] others; but let us watch and be sober.  

1Th 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.  

1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.  
 1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

a lot could be said on the wrath of God.

Is it the LAW which brings wrath ?Who is the LAW ?

Zec 7:12 Yea, they made their hearts [as] an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the LORD of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the LORD of hosts.

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression

As it is written

Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Is Christ not the Light of the World

Jhn 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

1Jo 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

do we believe this:_

1Jo 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

1Pe 2:9 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

1Jo 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Do we really grasp the depths of these words?

This is Scripture.

loads of them.

because heres the Killer.

1Jo 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

Do we murder?

1Jo 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

eutychus

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 08:07:03 AM »

the secret of Christ is simple and the whole world is missing it.

its a four letter word, LOVE

one askes, what is love?

love is learning to put all others before yourself, even nonbeleivers.

it is the servent attitude, its this:

Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more [than others]? do not even the publicans so?

let em have that parking space, let them go before you in line, when
the casher messes up smile and say its ok!!
take out the trash for someone at work, smile at strangers and greet them with warmth. etc etc etc.
start with these among other things you know to do, and it will grow.

wow sorry to ramble

love and grace
euty.

Gill

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 08:47:20 AM »

Good words, Chuck ~

I've wondered whether Paul is saying here that he loved his own kinsmen, the jews, so much that he could wish himself accursed from Christ; as in exchange places with them?  Or was it his way of saying that his burden of grief over their hardened hearts was so great that he didn't want to bear it?

Rom 9:3  For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

Either way, what a wonderful hope we carry around.

Sorry this has gotten off topic, Josh ~ i haven't personally come across the book you mentioned.

Deedle

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 09:14:41 AM »

Good words folks,

The Lord continues to humble and teach me.

eutychus

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 09:23:42 AM »

Quote from: Deedle
Good words folks,

The Lord continues to humble and teach me.

me too, its wonderfull.

its like im busting, cant thank and praise Christ enough!!!

grace to you deedle

chuckt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.