bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thankful..  (Read 3195 times)

Ninny

Thankful..
« on: January 15, 2009, 04:24:57 PM »

Just wanted to share an experience I had this morning. While at my son's house this morning, Happily playing with my grandsons, I got a phone call. The voice on the phone was from the security company telling me they were getting an alarm going off at my house! The man told me the alarm was triggered by the motion detector. I immediately thought my house was on fire! The man said the only thing that had set the alarm off was the motion detector, none of the doors were breached. So I told him not to call the police because I would go check it out. My daughter-in-law wouldn't let me go by myself so she went with me. I almost called the fire department, but then I also had a feeling that somehow the cat may have set off the alarm and I didn't want to call the fire dept. for that!

So I nervously went home, thankfully my house wasn't on fire! I was so thankful, God is good! We drove all around the house and no windows were broken. I went in the house and everything was ok! The only thing I can think of was the cat must have jumped up on the back of a big chair I have in my living room which is right under the motion detector.  I can't tell you how thankful I felt, not that I had even THOUGHT that anyone had entered my house, but the fear was only fire. I have a cat that lives inside and 4 dogs whose pens are connected to the house. My thoughts were for my animals! I know we can not protect ourselves against all things that can go wrong, but wow! When you feel threatened it is very scary! :o

I just wanted to share that experience with you and tell you how thankful I am that all was well! ;D
Thankfully :D
Kathy :)

aqrinc

Re: Thankful..
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 03:11:07 PM »

Hi Kathy,

I hear you, and feel with you about how the mind works on us. Stay weak, and run for
The Cover Of Our Lord Jesus Christ whenever you are feeling scared or threatened; He
Is Strongest In us when we are weak.

george. ;D :-* ;D

Ninny

Re: Thankful..
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 12:28:07 AM »

You are so right! My husband immediately thought that the cat had triggered the alarm. I was just praying on the way home that the dumb cat had done it and not anything worse. I thanked the Lord all day that He was watching out for me even when my first reaction was fear!

STUPID security system anyway! A neighbor about a mile and a half up the road from us had a home invasion a couple months ago and that's why my husband decided to have the security system installed.
He always sets the motion detector when he leaves, but I never do. I'm always afraid that the cat might set it off, now we know he can!
At least we know that they do call you if an alarm goes off in your house! That alarm is so loud it sounds like a fire truck sounding off in the house! The cat was probably terrified! :D
 ;) Kathy ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.