bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giving thanks  (Read 5642 times)

winner08

Giving thanks
« on: January 15, 2009, 09:03:04 PM »

I wanted this to be instead of a prayer request, I wanted to give a thank you and give praise to The Lord request. Why? good question. I have been out of work for 6mos now and today I was determind to go out and not only look for a job but to succeeded in getting a job. When I woke up this morning I had a good feeling about the day. When I was driving not knowing where I was going but to stop at ever restruant looking for a cooking job, I just had a special feeling like I knew I was going to succeed in getting a job today. About 3 hrs latter and 4 stops it happen I walk into a place ask if they were hiering cooks, and the manager said yes I just let one go today and I need a day time cook asap. Man That feeling came over me like a title wave. I knew right away who was in control of my situation. I knew the whole day I was going to be blessed  by the Lord. He was going to bless me and my family with a good paying job. The first thing I did when i finished with my interview was walked outside (even thought I wanted to run), and yelled THANK YOU JESUS!!! ;D ;D ;D. Anyway I start tomorrow, If God willing I will wake up.  You know I always try to remember that I am not given tomorrow and I remember even though I don't remember where the scripture is at. But It says something alone the lines of Don't say I will go here or there tomorrow or we will do this or that tomorrow, for we are not promise tomorrow, Just say if God willing we will go here or there tomorrow. and do this or that. It is a great scripture I wish I could remember where it is at and the exact words. OK that's it. Thanks you everybody for being part of my family and for the support y'all have given me thought these tough months.

PS. OH YA it is freezing in new Orleans. I think the weather man said it will get down in the early 20s tonight. maby in the teens. Man I better hurry up and get the plants in, or my wife will be angry with me. ;) ;)

Darren

Ninny

Re: Giving thanks
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 09:08:10 PM »

Yaaay Darren!! So happy for the job, God is faithful!  ;D No matter what kind of job this turns out to be, you know that God is in control! Praying for you, brother!
Kathy :D

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 10:02:19 PM »

Way to practice the Faith given to you Darren. Now be the best cook that restaurant
ever had for The Lord Jesus Christ.

george. ;D

EKnight

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 10:13:25 PM »

Darren,

I am so very happy for you.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can tell you are a good person and I am glad that God has blessed you.

Eileen

Linny

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 10:30:12 PM »

Great news Darren! SO glad you had one of those extra blessed days!

Lin

winner08

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 11:57:11 PM »

Thanks y'all. I am sooo happy and I want to thank my special friends here at the forum. I will be the best cook this restruant has ever seen. thanks again.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 01:51:45 AM »

Sweet news, Darren.  Maybe its my turn next.  In the meantime, jambalaya, baby.  And a link of boudin to go.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

winner08

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 03:55:50 AM »

I (heaya) ???  ::) Dave, sounds good to me. Man its 1am and it 30 degrees. it's gonna get down in teens (dey)  ???  ::) say. That's pretty cold for the deep south (New Orleans) Anything can happen down here. It snowed on Christmass day last yr.  what a trip that was.

Darren

excuse the spelling. I was just having fun. some people actually think everybody down here is uneducated. the spell check is having a field day with me.  ;D ??? ::)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 10:49:36 AM »

Hi Darren,

Congratulations!

Glad to hear about your success in finding a job, I wish you the very best there.

Anyway I start tomorrow, If God willing I will wake up.  You know I always try to remember that I am not given tomorrow and I remember even though I don't remember where the scripture is at. But It says something alone the lines of Don't say I will go here or there tomorrow or we will do this or that tomorrow, for we are not promise tomorrow, Just say if God willing we will go here or there tomorrow. and do this or that. It is a great scripture I wish I could remember where it is at and the exact words.

Is this what you are looking for?

Jam 4:13  Go to now, ye that say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city and continue there a year and buy and sell and get gain:

Jam 4:14  Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time and then vanisheth away.

Peace,

Joe

musicman

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 11:10:14 AM »

I am so happy that God has blessed you with this job.  What a relief it must be.  I know the feeling.  I would go to a bunch of places and they would say, here, fill this out.  I would never hear from them.  Then there's those times when I would answer an add in the paper and show up only to find a packed house with people wanting the same position.  Frustrating.  I hope that it works out for you.

Kat

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 11:29:04 AM »

Hi Darren,

In these times of growing unemployment that is good news indeed.  It is a joy we all share with you  :)

1Co 12:24  For our presentable members have no need, but God tempered the body together, giving more abundant honor to the member having need;
v. 25  that there not be division in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another.
v. 26  And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is glorified, all the members rejoice with it.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Beloved

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 11:40:09 AM »

Congratulations on your new career

We all know you will be the best cook you can be

1Co 10:31  Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do (cook)do to the glory of God.

Beloved

winner08

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 08:48:31 PM »

Yes Joe, that is the scripture I was talking about. Also, thanks once again everybody for the encouragement y'all have given to me. I have very few family left on this earth and I have even fewer friends. I mean true friends. We all have acquaintances and then we have our friends, two separate things. This here (us) I consider friends, why? because we know the truth. We are like minded. We are hungry to learn the truth. We all love Ray and we wouldn't be together if not for him. Yes God brought us here, but i believe Ray keeps us here through his ways of teaching. I mean if Rays teachings were too hard to understand and boring, then not many of us would stay here. So therefore,through Rays way of teaching he keeps us interested and hungry for more and more knowledge of the truth. Also to the moderators, they are terrific. On several occasions they helped me tremendously. We all agree they have a tough job. I believe they do their job with the utmost professionalism possible. It's got to be tough to keep law and order also peace in this forum, where we have some very passionate people given their point of views. Once again Thanks everybody for the great encouragement and a great vibe I get form y'all.

Darren

PS it's gonna be a very hard freeze tonight down south. hope all y'all are ready for it. Make sure your pipes are covered. Once they burst it could be expensive.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 10:57:24 PM »

hi darren,
congratulations on your new job. i never knew you could cook. and cooking in new orleans no doubt. if you don't mind, i would like to know the name of the restaurant because my daughter and her husband go to new orleans often. they will be going back there for mardi gras. they have never been to that before. i can almost smell the jambalaya from here. and the red beans and rice. i give thanks to God also for his merciful lovingkindness He has shown you on this part of your journey. no matter what happens, in all things give thanks to Him. He loves us more than we will ever be able to fathom until That Day.

love in Christ,
claudia

winner08

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 05:21:22 AM »

Claudia, Please take no offense, At this moment and time I'd rather not say where I am working at. Who knows if I'll be there in a month. If I am still there in Feb I'll let you know where I am at. Listen the last job I had it lasted a week, due to a 20 yr old conviction. It took a week for my papers went through the main office. So anything can happen between now and mardi gras. I promise if It is in God's will for me to be there when Feb comes  around I will let you know.

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.