bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm new here  (Read 6206 times)

Kicking against the Goads

I'm new here
« on: January 16, 2009, 11:31:18 AM »

Hello...I'm new here and am amazed at how wonderful the truth is.  But I am bothered by the fact that I am so reluctant to share with others with what I have learned.  I am not looking forward to being called a heretic.  My husband is worried about me and I've only mentioned I'm not so sure about an eternal fiery hell.  We've been convinced for some time the false teaching of the rapture and trinity, but the doctrine of God burning people forever seems to be going too far for him.  I'm sure I'm not alone...would love advice.  Should I keep quiet and just pray? 

Thank you for this forum...so far these wonderful truths have been a lonely existence for me.  I look forward to the fellowship!!

Blessings,
Kicking

Beloved

Re: I'm new here
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 12:03:05 PM »

Read and study Rays articles, search the scriptures until you see thistruth in every scripture.

Mar 4:26)  And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;

(Mar 4:27) And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.

(Mar 4:28)  For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.

When the time is right, you will be able to speak the Word in love to all. The problem is that they think the LOF is Hell. They do not realize that the LOF is judgement, God will exact the perfect judgement on each man in the seccond resurrection, because all knees will bow and all will learn righteouness.

In the meantime, relax

2Pe 3:18  But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen

beloved

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 12:03:23 PM »

Hi Kicking,

Welcome to the Forum!

This is probably a very good article for you to read at this time;

http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm

Be patient, most of us here are very familiar with the desire to shout from the rooftops proclaiming the new things that we have been shown, often following through with this desire brings frustration even misery.

Study and pray, when the Lord wants to use you He will lead.

Peace,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 01:41:59 PM »

Hi Kicking,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
A lot of us are living with no one else among our family and friends that believe these truths.  This forum really is a great way to fellowship with others of like mind.  You only have to go as far as your computer to discuss these things with somebody day or night.  Because we have people here from all over the world, so there seems to always be someone here.

Don't get in a hurry to reveal all you know to your husband.  When you have a real good grasp of the Scriptures that prove what you believe (you will get them if you keep reading the articles), then you can start dropping little bits of info and see how he reacts.  If he has no interest in knowing these things at all, then it may be best to let sleeping dogs lie, so to speak.

Mat 7:6  "Do not give dogs what is holy; and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under foot and turn to attack you.

Here are a few links to help you get familiar with what we have here.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 02:00:42 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Just as Kat said in regards to your husband, I too would agree that you should tread lightly as you share these new found scriptural truths with him.  If he is resistant or argumentative, do not try to force him to see what you are being blessed to see.  It is God who reveals these truths to whomever He chooses and your husband may not every understand these things in this age.

Continue studying to increase your understanding and ask the Lord will give you the wisdom and strength to endure whatever trials and tribulations that come your way. 

René

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 02:37:46 PM »

Welcome to the forums, a fellow newb :)

Mark

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 03:03:03 PM »

Hi Kicking,

Just want to welcome you to the forum and echo the very sound advice of all my brethren
that answered you before. Grow in The Grace and Faith Of Our Lord Jesus Christ daily.

george. ;D

smeacham

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 04:51:37 PM »

Welcome home, Kicking.  If I may, is there a meta-meaning of the name "Kicking?"  It gives me the imagery of God dragging us where he wants us to be, while we're kicking and screaming :)

I enjoy the rare blessing of a like-minded wife.  But, your situation reminds me of some Jehovah's witnesses I speak with from time to time.  They simply cannot accept several spiritual truths.  So, I echo the same advice as everyone else has.

Steve
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 10:29:59 PM by Steve Meacham »

Kicking against the Goads

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 05:06:35 PM »

I was worried about the name I picked...I'm not kicking against God...I'm kicking against the state church and all the lies.  But I can see how my name may give the wrong impression!!  I'm a quiet homeschool mom of 6 kids...not really the rebel I portrayed with the name I chose!!

Linny

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 08:02:52 PM »

Hello and welcome kicking!

I am also a homeschool mom and have been here for a year. God is good and will tell you when you should open your mouth to family or friends. It will be a rare occurrence however! Usually it starts with a question from someone. I don't offer my opinion too often otherwise without a clear indication from above.

Sounds like your husband is in the questioning mode and this is a good thing. I was the one who found BT and when I first told my husband about the tithing information, he was in shock. HOWEVER, since he'd been questioning it didn't take much to get him as hooked as I was. What I never knew about him was his questioning of hell since sadly, I never had. But although he was obviously torn about what we were reading, he was open to listening to it.

If you two are close and have a habit of discussing these Spiritual things, I'd just throw a nugget out now and then. The way I did it for my husband was to copy a few things and hand it to him. Like a page as he'd have never read the many pages of Ray's wonderful writings.  :-\
Ray is so much better than I at explaining!  ;D So I'd just cut and paste great nuggets.

He'd always come back wanting to talk about it. But if he hadn't, I wouldn't have pushed it and would have left it alone for God to deal with.
I can only speak for me and my marriage but God has never given me a truth that He didn't eventually give to my spouse. But I never push anything that he seems unready for. I let God do the pushing! ;)

Now he and I are in complete agreement and I feel so blessed!

Look forward to getting to know you better!

Blessings, Lin

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 03:53:59 AM »

As a mother of six, I'm sure there are times when you feel like practicing a little 'kicking'. 

I won't belabor the good advice others have given.  I think anybody who isn't practicing a religion yet STILL manifests the fruits of the Spirit will get most people's attention...especially if they live with them. 

Welcome aboard. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gmik

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 12:30:55 PM »

Hi Kicking and welcome!!  You have been given sound advice by others here. Kicking is a fine name no need for apologies ;) Feel free to be yourself w/ us. We are your new cyber-family. Fortunately, God allowed my hubby and I to find these truths together(and 1 son who is living inRussia so not much fellowship).  But among friends and family, neighbors you name it--no one is interested that I know.  So I fellowship here, mostly come on and read, and occassionally post. Again welcome!

(PS- I teach 24 3rd graders in a public school.  My hat is off to you and Linny-that sounds harder to me to teach at home :D)

charrie

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 04:46:13 AM »

Welcome, Kicking

Charrie  :-*

iris

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 07:50:34 AM »

Hi Kicking, welcome to the forum!

Iris

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 11:00:48 AM »

Hi there Kicking Girl!
Welcome aboard! I homeschooled my sons (years ago) ;D That was back in the 80's! Rest in the Lord and He will bring you right where you need to be.  :D
Looking forward to getting to know you!
Kathy ;)

winner08

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 09:23:53 PM »

Greetings kicking Girl: What a great name. Most of us here, (not all) were kicking as we were being dragged by God to meet Him. My name is Darren I go by winner08, That's another story. But I am so glade your here. I've been here about 6 or 7 mos.I believe. I have to check to be sure. Anyway u are going to learn so much and you are going to want more and more of the truth. I can just give one small piece of advice. and Ray says this quite often. You must read the words. (the words in the scriptures). It is quite amazing that most people don't read the words that make up the scripture. Now What I mean is really read each word. Most will read right through the scripture of read right over the ( a glancing blow) If you know what I mean. OK that's enough. No disrespect to you but I don't want to confuse you. So take your time and read the words that make up the scriptures. Oh yea, the more you interact with the people here the more you will come to see how great they are. They are kind, helpfull, and considerate. Some are so funny they will have you LOL and rolling over. You will see who they are real quick. Have a great journey and enjoy.

Darren

britt

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »

Howdy Partner! Just kidding. I don't really talk like that. :D I look foward to reading some of your replies.

Britt,

judith collier

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 02:05:32 AM »

Hi you goad kicking girl. I really like your name, honest!!!!Sounds something like a strong woman and I like that. Have been one of those for too many years to count, thanks be to God. Judy

Marlene

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 02:20:41 AM »

Welcome, to BT Forum. Looking forward to the fellowship and reading your post.

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.