bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unforgiven  (Read 5016 times)

musicman

Unforgiven
« on: January 16, 2009, 12:22:39 PM »

Who is it that shall remain "Unforgiven"?  In learning about God, I have come to believe that all should be forgiven, regardless of their transgressions.  But am I there yet?  Apparently not!!

So who must remain "Unforgiven" in my book?

Was it Ted Gin (wide out for the Dolphins) who mishandled a handoff which could have been a touchdown, getting the fans and team back into the game verses the Ravens?
No.
God probably felt that he needed to have butter fingers at that juncture as the final score had already been predetermined.

Is it the banks and mortgage brokers who ruined the housing market forever for those who bought prior to the bubble burst?
UUuuuummmm, maybe, but no.
They'll get their day, and besides, so what if I live in a house 35 miles from my job that I will never be able to sell.

Is it that kid last year who made up a ridiculous story about me punching her because she thought I was going to call her mom again?
No.  Only an idiot would believe such a lie (actually, the feminists working at the school board believed it.  But I was lucky enough to escape to a better school this year.  They should resign out of respect to those with common sense.).

So who is it that shall remain "Unforgiven"?

Why, that would be Clint Eastwood for his latest (and probably last) cinema debacle.  OK, if you don't wish to learn the plot, you should leave now.

In this movie, Eastwood plays an old timer who would have to have been the toughest guy in the history of the world.  He must be about 80, yet he beat the crap out of some young gang member punk, and shoved a rifle into the face of another saying (with pit bull like gritted teeth) "get off of my lawn".  A major part of the movie was his biggoted remarks made towards minorities.  This was OK because we find out later that he was willing to give one a chance. 

But the problem arose do to some girly priest who insisted he go to confessional.  His answer was solid (something about a 27 year old virgin wearing a dress. .. .) but he didn't stick to his guns.  Speaking of guns, where were they at the end.  I expected an ending similar to his last great film "Unforgiven".  Didn't happen.  I was waiting for him to bust up all them thug gang members.  Didn't happen.

What did happen, is old Clint seemed to apologize for all of the violent gun blazing movies he had made in his career.  The priest represented his conscience for all of the shootin that his audiences loved.  He was repenting for his tough guy image.  I have no problem with this, except it was some phony holy water, crucifix wearin, "I'm saving your soul Clint", Priest that seemed to win over the toughest guy ever in cinema. 

This may be an unforgivable offense.  I can't say for sure, but I will leave the term "Unforgiven" to remind us of what Clint used to be (toughest man ever) and for what Clint has become (a dress wearing priest confessing Pansy).

Amrhrasach

Re: Unforgiven
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 12:48:38 PM »

I can't say for sure, but I will leave the term "Unforgiven" to remind us of what Clint used to be (toughest man ever) and for what Clint has become (a dress wearing priest confessing Pansy).

Toughest man ever?

Apparently you've never seen Bronco Billy.

musicman

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 01:36:06 PM »

Huuuummmm, Bronco Billy?  Didn't catch that one but the name gives me and unpleasant picture.  Say, was that in some way similar to "Bareback Mountain" (I think it was called).  If so, just whistle the tune from Good, Bad, The Ugly, and you'll forget about whatever kind of wuss that he was in "Bronco Billy".

Mc_Can

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 01:53:57 PM »

Noooooooooooooo!  Say it isnt so.   :o 

Havent seen it but was about to go to a matinee.  And here I thought this was Clint returning to his roots.  Thought this was going to be vintage Eastwood dealing out wild west justice to modern thugs.

*sigh* 

Oh well.  The bad guys get tougher and meaner.... and the good guys get kinder and gentler.  I suppose i should read something profound into the fact that I am not comfortable with that trend...  :P

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 12:16:36 AM »

Musicman, very disturbing...
I mean is it true? My favorite mean-guy-git-'er-done-dude done gone SOFT!?? Oh man! I'm getting sick!
It all started with Rowdy Yates *sigh* cutest cowboy in the west! Bummer. I Liked old Clint in "Absolute Power" cool movie. AND Let's not forget "Do ya feel LUCKY punk, do ya?" What happened to Dirty Harry? See what happens when you try to get politically correct?  :P :P :P

And Musicman How rude of some little brat to accuse you of such a horrible thing!  :o You'd never hit a GIRL! (unless of course she tried to steal that little bottle of spirits in your top desk drawer!)
The world has gone berserk!! ::)
Think of me there in your shorts and tee shirt ridin' your bike! Ha! :P
Kathy ;)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 04:12:41 AM »

Any of you Eastwood fans have an idea for a script in which Clint comes to see the light when God drags him out of secularism and Babylon all at the same time?  I will hold my thoughts in reserve until I am able to view the latest movie Gran Torpedo,  ::)  because it's not fair to ask us for a hard opinion until we have had a chance to see it for ourselves.  Maybe this week end if I can get out in this 20 degree below zero weather.  I'm almost as old as Clint.

Bob

winner08

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 05:12:20 AM »

Man I love Clint. I grew up in the 70s when the dirty harry movies were it. Then I came to fine the old spaghetti westerns. then the out law Josy Wales. I thought that was the greatest. But unforgiven It was OK. But the last few movies or more I thought he lost it. Anyway I have to agree with Bob, I'll wait until i see the new movie before making a comment.

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 11:13:48 AM »

Oh man! I remember Billy Bronco! Ha! Hey what about Honkytonk Man? He was cool in that movie! 8)
I just found out through google that he was acting BEFORE he was Rowdy Yates! Wow! I was just a kid then he must have started acting before I was born! Gee, I feel so YOUNG!! ;D ;D
No gray in my hair!! ;) ;)
Kathy ;D :D

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 02:08:08 AM »

Bruce Dern? Durn mean, durn ugly! ha! :D
great bad guy!
Kathy ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.