bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jerusalem vs. Jerusalem  (Read 11145 times)

knuckle

Jerusalem vs. Jerusalem
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 08:22:55 AM »

Hi all---------

ertsky wrote--------the way i heard it explained once Alex is that the outer court is not measured because it symbolically represents our flesh our outward man.

:)   once we have Christ we are circumcised of the heart and are no longer in the "court of the gentiles"  we  then become the temple of God

Rom 2:28  For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

2Co 6:16  And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

much love-----knuckle

chrissiela

Jerusalem vs. Jerusalem
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 09:06:46 AM »

Quote from: knuckle
Chrissie-----------

Islams dome of the rock sits there.A monument to thier prophet mohammed.they built thier foundation on the wrong rock physically as well as spiritually.there is a plaque as one walks through the door above the jagged rock  which reads "God forbid he had a son"
     300 feet to the north(Heaven is always noted to be north of any earthly location) stands the dome of tablets which contains the history of the patriarchs(the muslems claim all the ot prophets) and this dome sits on a large flat rock that once was the floor of the holy of holies and was once a threshing floor.the muslims have tried to fill in the holes that once held the temple poles but because concrete doesn't look like bed rock these evenly spaced marks(based on the sacred cubit) are still quite visable

Amazing how God keeps His folks seperated from the "world"

ok, now I feel S-T-U-P-I-D cuz I 'knew' that.  :oops:  (at least that the dome was on the site of the temple). I guess I thought that you might be refering to something else. :roll:

Chrissie

chrissiela

Jerusalem vs. Jerusalem
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 09:17:42 AM »

Quote from: ertsky
the way i heard it explained once Alex is that the outer court is not measured because it symbolically represents our flesh our outward man.

as in

2Co 4:16  For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
2Co 4:17  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
2Co 4:18  While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

f

Hi Frank,

I was getting more at the fact that we are His temple (His body). And that judgment (measurement) must begin at the house of God.

1Co 5:9-13  I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1Pe 4:15-19  But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. [as those who are 'without'; those who have their PART in the lake of fire.] Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God [know ye not that YE are the TEMPLE of God and that the spirit of God dwelleth in you?]: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? [Those who are 'without'] And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

But, yes, same as flesh vs spirit. Those walking after the flesh vs those walking after the spirit... inner man vs outter man. All boils down to the same thing.... what will perish and what will be saved/perfected.

Blessings,
Chrissie

Daniel

Jerusalem vs. Jerusalem
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 04:45:47 PM »

JesusOnly writes

Bless your heart. Those are some powerful insights. Just got to read it again and again.

Bless you too, God is good amen? I thank him for any received because I surely wouldn't have seen it. Its not kidding when it speaks of these things being a "revelation of Him" :D

Chrissie writes

ok, now I feel S-T-U-P-I-D cuz I 'knew' that.  (at least that the dome was on the site of the temple). I guess I thought that you might be refering to something else.

I didn't know either don't feel stupid A-L-O-N-E :lol:  Shoot theres more that I do not know NOW then way back when I thought I knew :lol: And its hard to know (concerning a question) anothers point of reference, I hear you.

Daniel

josh

Thanks
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 05:12:10 PM »

Wow... I just had time to check back and see if anyone had replied to my question. I was suprised to see so many had imput! I have only been here in this forum for a short period of time, but I just want to thank all of you for being so kind and open, not just to me... but to everyone that posts here... there is a very nurturing atmosphere here that allows us all (hopefully) to be able to feel comfortable asking just about anything!

Philippians 2:1-8 (MSG)
If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand. Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself. He had equal status with God but didn't think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what. Not at all.

I hope this particuliar translation does not rob at all from the truth presented in this scripture...

Thanks.
Josh

chrissiela

Re: Thanks
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 05:35:09 PM »

Quote from: josh
Wow... I just had time to check back and see if anyone had replied to my question. I was suprised to see so many had imput! I have only been here in this forum for a short period of time, but I just want to thank all of you for being so kind and open, not just to me... but to everyone that posts here... there is a very nurturing atmosphere here that allows us all (hopefully) to be able to feel comfortable asking just about anything!

Philippians 2:1-8 (MSG)
If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand. Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself. He had equal status with God but didn't think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what. Not at all.

I hope this particuliar translation does not rob at all from the truth presented in this scripture...

Thanks.
Josh

Very nice!

Made me think of this:

Luk 14:7  And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden,
when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them,

Luk 14:8  When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;

Luk 14:9  And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.

Luk 14:10  But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.

Luk 14:11  For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.[/list:u]

I never before noticed the way this continued though....

Luk 14:12  Then said he also to him that bade him,
When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompence be made thee.

Luk 14:13  But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind:

Luk 14:14  And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

Luk 14:15  And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.[/list:u]

WOW!!!  :shock:

Chrissie

Daniel

Jerusalem vs. Jerusalem
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2006, 05:39:47 PM »

That was GREAT Josh!! Riight into  the HEART of it all !! I never heard it through any translation as beautifully put as the one just posted. I loved it and Amen bro! THAT was right on :D

I got to get me a copy of that :lol:  Is there one online to dig through?

Daniel

Daniel

Jerusalem vs. Jerusalem
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 05:45:03 PM »

Chrissie THAT was Great too! Him coming in unto them was marking those who took to the highest seat. Oh man is that not true sis?

Wonderful verses I have been so blessed through you guys, praise God he is good! Truly He is!

You guys are the best! The Lord continue to bless you.

Daniel

josh

Jerusalem vs. Jerusalem
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006, 05:57:57 PM »

Daniel, check out Biblegateway.com it has several translations available.... including The Message (MSG) which i quoted from.

Daniel

Jerusalem vs. Jerusalem
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2006, 06:05:38 PM »

Quote from: josh
Daniel, check out Biblegateway.com it has several translations available.... including The Message (MSG) which i quoted from.

Thank you Josh, I will do just that, that was great! Thank you

Daniel

Daniel

Jerusalem vs. Jerusalem
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2006, 08:01:50 PM »

Hey Josh, I just realized concerning the "measuring of a man", that of an angel. Its in YOUR post but I did not reccognize it as fast being the version it was. The "Equality with God" part.

Jesus was made a "little lower" than the angels through sufferng death

Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are EQUAL unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

It is because of "suffering of death" is where Christ was made a "little lower" (according to the measure)

Yet

Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be EQUAL with God

So in the "measuring" God "equals" things to "other things". Thats why you can see the Lord as a Wall of fire and measure it and come to that of a man, that is an angel.

I just caught that in your post, where was my head? (yep I was rereading it because I loved the way it seemed to say it all) :lol:

Daniel
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.