bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Death in Family  (Read 5294 times)

Vangie

Death in Family
« on: January 17, 2009, 09:08:47 AM »

My husband's father died this morning.  This will be our first family death to deal with ourselves, and the arrangements and emotions are gonna be tough to get through.  God hasn't led me to push sharing the good news of the gospel of His Kingdom with my in-laws (or my husband either for that matter--what I have shared since Christ opened my eyes and ears hasn't impressed him, so I try not to push, as I know it's all in God's time).  I'd appreciate your prayers that my husband and his family are comforted by our Lord and that I can be helpful and that Christ's Love shines through me during this time of "the dead burying the dead".  I feel kind of detached about it all, but I do feel my husband's grief, plus my father in law was a "keeper", and I'm gonna miss him too.  It's been a strange few months to witness him gradually dying, and so hard to not be able to share what I now know about the imperceptible state of being dead, etc., etc., etc., but the words just didn't come to me.  Now to go through the motions of helping to organize a funeral, without insulting their Catholic beliefs. 

I'm so thankful God has allowed me to learn of His Love and His Truth and to have you all as my "spiritual family".  Love to you in Christ,
Vangie

mharrell08

Re: Death in Family
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 09:41:38 AM »

You and your family are in our prayers, Vangie.

Marques

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 12:49:21 PM »

Hi Vangie,

My prayers are with you and your family as you all go through this difficult trial.

I have been through the deaths of both my parents and my wife's parents and it is never easy although navigating one's way through all the procedures required through the funeral process does bring a certain closure to it all.

As we say all the time, don't fret about not being able to share your wisdom in regard to death, if the Lord seeks to use you to open another person's eyes He will drag them to you and give you the right Words.

Peace,

Joe

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 01:06:07 PM »

Sorry for the loss in your family.  I pray the Lord is with you to comfort you and guide you in this transition.  A 'keeper', huh?   I like that.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 02:38:50 PM »

So sorry, Vangie. I've been through the loss of both of my parents and my husband's mother. It is very hard, but God is faithful.
I remember overhearing some people commenting when my mom died how I was so strong and my faith stood out as an example. I was about 25 years old at the time and losing my mom was really hard for me as we had been very close all of my life. I was a Seventh Day Adventist at the time and as a result of being in that church I did not believe that my mother had "Gone on to be with the Lord" as the minister said. I knew she would rest in her grave until Jesus came back to claim her! I had taught my boys that and they were very young at the time 4 & 5 years old. Now I know that at least that was something of value that I learned in that phase of my life!

Your faith in what you believe may inspire others to trust in God. You just have to remain steadfast and unshaken by what anyone may say to you regarding what you believe. Over the years family members have thought I was a bit deranged in the way I have believed, BUT they all still know that faith is strong and God is faithful, maybe partly due to my faith, maybe not! God knows!
Prayers for your comfort and that of your family! In the days ahead just be you and love and comfort them the best way you can!
Hugs,
Kathy :'( :-*

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 03:48:17 PM »

Hi Vangie,

My Condolences to You and the Family; Prayers have been sent and You, know what is Right.

Peace Love Patience Rest, In Our Lord Jesus Christ.

george. :-*

gmik

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 05:34:29 PM »

So sorry Vangie!

My mom died in October and I let my sister handle everything.  I was NOT going to say anything to anyone.  I just smiled.  I just let the stupid stuff go over my head---except for one aunt.  She mentioned my mom being in heaven and I did say- heaven? Oh no, she is just dead.  she won't rise again till we all do.  She said "Oh" and that was it.  Oh well.

The Lord will get you thru this and who knows what the future holds for things and conversations that happen now.  Just love your family and "be there" for them. Let His light shine.

eggi

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 05:49:11 PM »

Sorry to hear of your loss, Vangie.

I understand your worries about the events in the coming days, but don't worry, it will all be good. I think Gena's example is good to follow, don't push anything, but reply if necessary.

God be with you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 08:08:12 PM »

Hi Vangie,

I understand how you must feel.  Only a few months ago, I experienced the death of a family member and had to endure the ordeal of funeral arrangements and all that goes with it.  You and your husband will be in my prayers.   

We never know who may be led to question the hope that we have in Christ.  Perhaps, your husband will initiate a question with you about death now that he has suffered this painful loss.  I had the opportunity to share the true state of the dead with several relatives at that time, although I doubt if any of them believed me. :) 

René

Vangie

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 08:55:14 PM »

Thank you all for your warm replies.  I will apply ALL of your sound advice and appreciate you sharing your experiences.

God willing, sleep will come easily tonight!     

Love,
Vangie

Linny

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 11:02:45 PM »

So sorry Vangie,

Praying and believing that you will have the words you need to comfort and the words you need to speak if God calls you to do so and especially the peace of God when you are called to silence.
What a blessing to have a keeper FIL. Many are not blessed with great in-laws so you have a lot to be thankful for.

Blessings, Lin

daywalker

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 12:12:34 AM »

Hello Vangie,

I will keep you, your husband, and your family in my prayers.

Christopher

Jackie Lee

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 10:47:33 PM »

Vangie, I am sorry for your husband and your loss.
Praying for your family.

Samson

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 11:26:56 PM »

My condolences and prayers are extended towards you and your Husband, sad
        inevitable realities that befall us. Thankfully we can look forward to the hope of
        the Ressurrection(Standing again), much explanation contained in Ezekiel Chapter 37.

Rays transcript on Physical and Spiritual Ressurrection sheds good light for what's in
        store for most of mankind.

Kind Regards, Samson.

SandyFla

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 07:44:25 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My dad died in September, so I can empathize. There is a surreal feeling about losing a family member, especially when it's the first *real* loss. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

Sandy

OBrenda

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 05:38:05 PM »

Vangie,

So sorry to hear of your loss. Unexperienced (so far) in a loss of a close family member.  It must be trying to hold our tongue, especially when it may comfort someone...if they have the ears to receive it.

a gentle hug to you,
Brenda

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.