bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confessions from a not-too-bright computer user!  (Read 4710 times)

Ninny

Confessions from a not-too-bright computer user!
« on: January 17, 2009, 02:57:49 PM »

Ok everyone, I gotta tell you that for the longest time I have wanted to download some of Ray's audio files and put them on my computer so that I could sync them to my mp3 player. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to do it!! Well this morning I was just messing around with the computer and I was listening to the Nashville conference audios, LO and BEHOLD I clicked on the file button and thought "ok, one more try to get this stuff!" I decided to choose "save page as..." I clicked in the files until I got to my media player I chose a file folder in there and WOW! It worked! heeheehee! ;D

So there! Take that you evil computer fairies!! I figured it out!! I was about to ask advice, but since I'm not very technical and I was afraid that even though this stuff is easy for some of you...well little ole me ain't that computer literate and I would have had to have called you , George (aqr) on the phone and risk sounding as dumb as I AM! WELL, I did it! I know, I know my 11 year old grandson could have shown me how to do it! (But he thinks I'm really smart, too risky!) :o

Just wanted to share... ::)
Kathy ;)

aqrinc

Re: Confessions from a not-too-bright computer user!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 03:39:10 PM »

Ninny, Now that is funny.

;D ;D ;D ROTFL  :o ???  :-*

george. ;D

Ok everyone, I gotta tell you that for the longest time I have wanted to download some of Ray's audio files and put them on my computer so that I could sync them to my mp3 player. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to do it!! Well this morning I was just messing around with the computer and I was listening to the Nashville conference audios, LO and BEHOLD I clicked on the file button and thought "ok, one more try to get this stuff!" I decided to choose "save page as..." I clicked in the files until I got to my media player I chose a file folder in there and WOW! It worked! heeheehee! ;D

So there! Take that you evil computer fairies!! I figured it out!! I was about to ask advice, but since I'm not very technical and I was afraid that even though this stuff is easy for some of you...well little ole me ain't that computer literate and I would have had to have called you , George (aqr) on the phone and risk sounding as dumb as I AM! WELL, I did it! I know, I know my 11 year old grandson could have shown me how to do it! (But he thinks I'm really smart, too risky!) :o

Just wanted to share... ::)
Kathy ;)

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 03:55:54 PM »

Why, thank you, George! Aren't you glad I didn't have to call on you? Aren't you proud of me that I figured it out all by myself?? Oh and I just tried it, I used the sync thing and put it on my mp3 player!! Cool! 8)
Kathy :-*

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 04:01:16 PM »

Be careful Kathy, ;D

Yes i am proud of you; this though, is when you or any new computer learner become most dangerous. :'(

george. ??? :o :-X  :-\  ;D

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 04:22:47 PM »

Oh, yes! My husband didn't know anything about computers about three years ago, now if I try to explain something to him it's like, "Yes, dear I know that! I know how to do that!!" Oh REALLY? Then why did he ask me? I'll tell you why...because he didn't REALLY know, he asked me so that if I said "I don't know" then he'd still feel superior! Brat! ;D ;)
I used to tell him "Man you need to go take a computer class and learn how to use it. Someday you are going to have to know how to use a computer." He so smugly would reply, "Now what would I EVER have to know how to use a computer for?" Well, he was a technical inspector on aircraft maint. and his company put him in charge of keeping warranties updated for helicopter parts and now he also has to be in contact on a daily basis with their main headquarters. Guess where the majority of his work is done? Oh yeah you guessed it! On the computer! He spends 99% of his work day on the computer and the other 10% on the phone on conference calls! Ha! He had to learn how to do all of that! It took him a long time to come into the 21st century!! ;D

So, George if you see me getting dangerous with my little bit of knowledge you slap my hand Ok?? ;D ;D
Humbly, ::)
Kathy ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 05:50:54 PM »

Kathy,

musicman can much more explain why it is dangerous :o with new computer techs.
I am sure you will understand when he break's it down for you. :-*  Over the years
i have met many who said i will never need to use a computer, and within one year
the tune was (george can you).

I ask what happened; they say i don't know it just quit working. Next question exactly
what was the last thing you did when it worked. ??? (well i saw someone do ??? so i did)

george. ;D

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »

Ha! funny! ;D Yes I was afraid that musicman might offer me advice. I knew if that happened I'd be driven to drinking! Because HE would be sipping as he explained and well there you have it! What a discombobulated mess I'd have! Drunken Tech support is like a blind man driving a car! Don't go there!! ;D
Hee!hee! ;) ain't life fun!
Kathy ;D :D ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.