bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Love of animals  (Read 6602 times)

musicman

Love of animals
« on: January 18, 2009, 12:50:42 PM »

Ya'll didn't know I was an animal lover did ya?  Well, the other day I was very upset about the death of my parakeet.  I felt so bad that I sought to hold a public burial for it.  Anyhow, nobody showed up, so I proceeded to bury it myself.  I dug a hole for burial and continued the process.  As I was doing a final pat down of the dirt in my front yard, my next door neighbor approached me.  He said "mornin, what ya burying there"?  Frustrated that he never read the note I had given him concerning the burial, I said that I was burying my parakeet.  He looks at the spot where the hole had been dug and said, "aint that a mighty big hole for a little parakeet"?  I said, "don't be silly, my bird is inside of your cat".

mharrell08

Re: Love of animals
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 01:04:33 PM »

Ya'll didn't know I was an animal lover did ya?  Well, the other day I was very upset about the death of my parakeet.  I felt so bad that I sought to hold a public burial for it.  Anyhow, nobody showed up, so I proceeded to bury it myself.  I dug a hole for burial and continued the process.  As I was doing a final pat down of the dirt in my front yard, my next door neighbor approached me.  He said "mornin, what ya burying there"?  Frustrated that he never read the note I had given him concerning the burial, I said that I was burying my parakeet.  He looks at the spot where the hole had been dug and said, "aint that a mighty big hole for a little parakeet"?  I said, "don't be silly, my bird is inside of your cat".

:D :D :D

winner08

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 01:15:06 PM »

:D :D :D  Thanks musicman That's great. You really make my mornin. it's good to have a laugh before work.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 01:16:22 PM by winner08 »

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 01:18:29 PM »

You are insane!!!  :o
Ahahahaha!  ;D ;D
 :D ;D
Kathy ;)

gmik

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 03:08:10 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D  gOOD oNE!

iris

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 04:51:50 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Iris

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 07:57:04 PM »

oh musicman, where would we be without you!?   ::) :D especially with longhorn being missing in action. my condolences on the loss of your parakeet.  :'( poor kitty cat too.

claudia

deftarchangel

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 10:21:17 PM »

I liked that.  Nice little swerve at the end.  :D

Speaking of which, I sometimes wonder if God's idea of fun is setting up odd couples in nature.  I found this clip of a wild crow (oddly enough named Moses) that adopted this stray kitten.  I've heard of a snake that befriended a mouse that was supposed to be it's lunch, and now a crow playing mother hen to a stray cat.  Could it be a foreshadow of the peace to come?   :)

Enjoy.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=G0wYaXYwP-w

Rob

Patrick

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 12:04:47 AM »

My little fur ball cost me $780.25 last week.
I could not just "let it be" and watch her suffer  :(, she's all I have out here. We'll both have to eat really lite for a month.

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 01:56:58 AM »

My little fur ball cost me $780.25 last week.
I could not just "let it be" and watch her suffer  :(, she's all I have out here. We'll both have to eat really lite for a month.

patrick,
you are a very compassionate man. i am sure your "little fur ball" is grateful and will soon cuddle up to you and purrrrrrr.

claudia

p.s.  congrats on arizona's win and upcoming trip to the super bowl.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 02:48:44 AM »

Cats are so loving and forgiving, dogs are good but cats are better in my opinion.

deftarchangel

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 12:35:58 PM »

I'm definitely a cat person too (I find they're very low maintenance compared to dogs), however I sometimes wonder about their motives and agendas.  A friend of mine sent this to me a while back, outlining what's really going on in the minds of our furry companions!

Enjoy for those that have animals.

DOG DIARY:
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

CAT DIARY:
Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am!  Idiots!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.
The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.
The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe.

For now...
   :D

Rob

Vangie

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »

That video was too cute.  And the bit about what might be going on in dogs' and cats' minds was hilarious.  As for Musicman's original joke, he just ain't right I tell you.  ;) ;)

Vangie

aqrinc

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 04:27:55 PM »

Hi Rob,

I am neither a Cat or Dog keeper; so i cannot be accused of any of the nefarious schemes  ???
that poor cat has to live through. :o To the contrary i learned at a very young age that there
was enmity between cats and me. Your friends jacking of that cat's diary, is the first proof
i have of the dastardly little buggers utter contempt for their human jailers.
>:(

Now; i know why i was always suspicious of them rubbing on my leg, or trying to lick my face
as soon as i started sneezing. (scheming little blits) ;D

Btw. The aformentioned cats were either in my Grandmother jail or neighborhood caterwailers.
They never dared throw back any of my shoes though, so i walked barefoot all my young life. ::)

george. ;D 8)

cjwood

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 06:54:46 PM »

rob,
ok, how did you get my dogs' diary!?  ::) it is exactly indicative of a day in the life of claudia's dogs. and the cats diary, i can relate. with relatives giving me animals, and a few that i myself brought home, i know have 11 animals...3 dogs and 8 cats. but i am not complaining. they are constant companions and i am their pack leader, and i am continually cleaning my home of the animal fur and squeaky toys.  ;D, but ya gotta love 'em.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.