bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: True Fellowship Finally!!!  (Read 10330 times)

LiberatedEagle

True Fellowship Finally!!!
« on: January 19, 2009, 07:05:59 PM »

Greetings to all my brothers and sisters in Christ,

It feels SO good to finally be able to fellowship with true believers. As I'm quite sure you all know, there are not too many people of this particular persuasion;I often find myself frustrated by the fact that my family and those closest to me cannot recognize that there's something totally wrong with the doctrine we've been taught. It really soothes my heart to know that I can now study, fellowship, worship, serve God together with those of the same mind. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone here who is willing to meet me..Lol

Now here's a bit about me.....

I come from a very, Very strict pentecostal background. For ex: If a woman decided to wear a pair of pants to church... we would pray for her that her soul wouldn't be lost.(it was that serious Lol) Yeah it was pretty strict. Both my father, mother and much the majority of my family are heavily involved in the church. So you can imagine how deeply rooted the doctrines of Babylon were instilled in me.

I can remember, as a young boy witnessing to people about Jesus Christ with zeal and desire. I really wanted to please God. As I grew my desire to know more about God increased, and interestingly enough my questions became a little more annoying. In the church where I was raised, the pastor/bishop was esteemed so highly that it was probably on the verge of worship. So to ask him questions about anything was just something that didn't happen often. But I was a little hardheaded joker and I had questions that I thought if anybody could answer he, the bishop could. Well to my disappointment some of the answers I received were not at all scriptural and/or historically satisfactory.

Back in 2003 the pastor of that church passed. There was a dispute as to who was going to become pastor. The bishop's family wanted the grandson to take over; though he had been in the ministry for only a year or two. The church wanted my uncle, who had been named the pastor's assistant prior to bishop's passing and had served as an elder for over 25 years with bishop, to become pastor. So they had the church to vote and my uncle was chosen as the new pastor. Well the bishops' family didn't like it and they left to start a new church with the bishop's grandson as pastor. My mother and 3 of my siblings along with other family members from my mothers' side went along with the bishop's grandson. Of course my fathers' side of the family stayed there at the church we grew up in as my uncle was now the new pastor.

When I heard of this I was blown away; not especially in regards to their behavior, but because about 6-8 months prior to this I had a feeling to leave this church!!! I knew there were things I didn't agree with and questions I felt my church couldn't answer, but this feeling was more than just a typical "I don't like it" feeling. It was deep and bone-cutting and kind of had me scared to really do it because this was the church I grew up in. I mean we were there for church every Wed, Fri, and literally all day Sunday for years. Everybody was family and I was faced with the challenge to go before them and tell them that I felt that God was admonishing me to leave this very church. It was tough and I didn't fully understand at the moment, neither did my family, but now..... OOHHH boy!! Now that I understand what "Babylon The Great" is and how God admonishes his people to come out of her...I COULD DO A THOUSAND FLIPS!!!

This is just one of a few testimonies I will share. I have this feeling that there will be a lot of similar testimonies here and not only in reference to coming out of Babylon, but how God has spared our lives. (can't wait to share that one)

Again, I'm SOOOO excited that God has lead me here as I feel we will be collectively beneficial to one another in the days ahead....Psalm 133

LiberatedEagle

Ninny

Re: True Fellowship Finally!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 07:13:15 PM »

Hey LiberatedEagle! It is good to have you here!, Oh yes you are going to find a lot of interesting stories here so PLEASE don't feel alone in any sense of the word!!
Glad you're here and can't wait to get to know you!
Welcome Home!
Kathy :D

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 07:45:29 PM »

welcome home liberatedeagle! i enjoyed your post very much and can relate to your feelings of being frustrated that family members and close friends cannot recognize the total error of the church doctrine they have been taught. but then i have to remind myself that it is God who is keeping them blind for His purpose. i too felt like turning flips and shouting from the top of the house to tell everyone what a wonderful Father God that we have. but, in order to keep the neighbors from calling the police to tell them that a crazy lady was on top of her house doing flips and shouting something about God, i refrained from that outburst of joy. i just come to this forum and flip out so to speak. and they love me anyway. i am interested in reading your testimonies about God's sparring of your life. He also sparred my life on a couple of occasions and i now know it was because His plan for my life included His opening up the scriptures to me via a man named ray smith, and through my brothers and sisters on this forum. so again, welcome home. we have been waiting for you and we didn't even know it. our God is so awesome!

your sister in Christ,
claudia (austin, tx)

emkayfey

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »

Hi LiberatedEagle,
Glad you're here. your story reiterates what I've see and what is prevalent in the 'church', this kind of behaviour is simply typical I know of a church which, after a split took each other to court. Loads of other despicable things that will embarass even a social organisation. You're also very right that these 'ministers' cannot be queried because there is no forum for it, they are always right and always worshipped. Recently the pastor of one of the fastest growing pentecostal church in europe (statistics, few years old) was reading from a book he wrote on new years eve and everybody was shouting Amen, Amen as if their lives depended on this book.

For us now (having learnt from Ray's teaching) it is a rather lonely journey having been in the church as far back as one can remember, some of the friends I shared the new understanding with never got back to me...Now I only explain  to those who seems interested and probe me further.

Let us not keep totally quiet because some are already hurting and aware that something is wrong but they do not have an alternative, I believe God will always lead us to them though, as I've experienced once. Shalom

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 08:12:01 PM »

Hi LiberatedEagle,

Welcome to the forum, you are so right about other members stories. Settle
in and have a wonderful time reading, learning and conversing (posting).

george. ;D 

cherokee

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 08:57:54 PM »

Hey LiberatedEagle,

Welcome to the forum.

Suzie

iris

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »

Hi LiberatedEagle,

Welcome to the forum!
I enjoyed reading your post and hope to hear more from you.

Iris

mharrell08

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 09:16:20 PM »

Welcome to the forum, LiberatedEagle. Hope to hear more from you soon.  :)

Marques

Samson

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 11:11:44 PM »

Welcome Liberated Eagle,

Glad to hear you are liberated from Babylon the Great, her Spiritual
                                 Fornication is severe and her Sins are many, she tries to deceive the
                                 chosen ones, if she could.

Although we suffer in the present age in the flesh, we are liberated
                                 in the Spirit by truths we share at this Site.

There are many interesting testimonies and introductions that are easily
                                 accessible in the Archives, the Who AM I section gives you an opportunity
                                 to see pictures and stories of some of the members.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Falconn003

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 01:30:35 AM »

LiberatedEagle

Welcome to the Fellowship and Forum.

Rodger

smeacham

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 01:53:58 AM »

Welcome,

May God use these forums and fulfill this prayer in your life and "Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit." (Psalm 51:12)

Steve

charrie

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 02:39:15 AM »

Welcome, LiberatedEagle!!!

Charrie :-*

Heidi

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 09:59:26 AM »

My heavenly family just keeps on getting bigger and bigger and it is awesome ;D.....welcome to the forum.

Heidi

Linny

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 11:57:08 AM »

Welcome to the forum LiberatedEagle!
Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Blessings, Lin

Marky Mark

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 01:17:10 PM »

Welcome to the forums and hope the Spiritual food here swells your heart and mind :)

Peace...Mark

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 01:44:24 PM »

Welcome aboard.  I hope your stay will indeed be good for all of us.  The excitement in your post is palpable, and it's not just pentacostals who turn flips at seeing God more closely to who He really is.  Looking forward to sharing more fellowship with you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 03:49:35 PM »

WOW!!!!! The love here is amazing. I feel as if everyone knows me (kinda like Norm from Cheers).

I reminded of the movie "The Matrix" You all remember how Neo was looking for the answer (Morpheus) for a good portion of his life? Little did he know the ANSWER was looking for him. I have just recently come to understand that the desire I have to know God didn't start with me as if I'm some spiritual anomaly, but God lit the flame of the desire in order for me to realize that HE wants me to know who He is more than I could even imagine. This scripture really blesses me:

And He spake unto Korah and all his company, saying, Even tomorrow the Lord will show who are His, and who is holy and will CAUSE him to come near to HIM: Even him whom He hath chosen will He CAUSE to come near unto Him. Numbers 16:5

I guess the reason we feel as if we know one another is because we know each other after the Spirit.
Thank you brothers and sisters for all of your kind words. I really do feel that God has led me home.

P.S. Are there any webinar bible studies available. I know of the Nashville conference and the recorded audio tapes, however are there any group studies that take place more frequently?

I didn't mention in my introduction my geographical location. I'm in the great city of Atlanta, Ga and have been here my whole life. If there are any fellow believers here in the vicinity we should get together and form a bible study. I think it would be AWESOME!! (Just an idea).

Love you all,

LiberatedEagle (AKA) Charles P. Wright

Ninny

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 06:21:53 PM »

Hi Charles!
 I believe Antiawan that would be Akira329 is from Atlanta, too! I think there are others, too, but can't say for sure.  :D
Kathy ;)

cjwood

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 01:10:00 AM »

Hi Charles!
 I believe Antiawan that would be Akira329 is from Atlanta, too! I think there are others, too, but can't say for sure.  :D
Kathy ;)

antaiwan aka akira329 and marques aka mharrell08 are both from atlanta. how awesome it would be if i had 2 fellow forum members in my hometown.

claudia

mrl1970

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 02:31:33 PM »

WOW!!!!! The love here is amazing. I feel as if everyone knows me (kinda like Norm from Cheers).

I reminded of the movie "The Matrix" You all remember how Neo was looking for the answer (Morpheus) for a good portion of his life? Little did he know the ANSWER was looking for him.

I lot of us here use The Matrix to describe what it was like to learn  The Truth.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.