bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Stolen Ring  (Read 6277 times)

larissa4676

The Stolen Ring
« on: January 20, 2009, 07:17:46 AM »

Today my wedding ring was stolen from me. It's doesn't bother me that the 2.5 carats is gone. Nor the fact that I never got insurance. I'm not too down that all my hubby's work and time spent trying to pay for that ring was meaningless. Would you like to know the only things that bothers me?

It was stolen by someone I love and trusted. Somebody. Anybody. Will you stand with me in prayer that I won't hold anger, resentment, or bitterness towards the person who took it and that I won't beat myself up for not putting it away before they visited.

Thanks.

Larissa

Beloved

Re: The Stolen Ring
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 09:17:17 AM »

I feel for yor loss but it could be worse...

My first income tax return I designed and had a pair of diamond earings made more than  20 yrs ago.

They had screw backs and I recently took them out because of reccurrent ear infections when I had to irrigate them twice daily.I cleaned them and wrapped them up in a papertowels and placed them in a plastic bag and put them in my travel bag. I saw it regularly.

Well guess what they are gone, no thief....I must have mistakenly thrown them out, I have searched for them all over, even the garbage yuk.

Nothing worse than blaming yourself for stupidity, carelessness and then worrying that your brain is going. Now I do not have any "real" jewlery any more. Oh well, it serves God's purpose somehow...perhaps it was  a carnal stumbling block for me somehow.

It may be worse dealing with the betrayal of others, but self beating is not any better.

beloved

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 09:53:41 AM »

Betrayal is the one sin against us that is hardest to forgive! Could that be why God chose Judas to betray Jesus. He was a member of the "family" so to speak, person close to Jesus. Now that was planned by God and Jesus KNEW He would be betrayed, but everything is an example to us. Jesus never for one moment thought not to forgive Judas for the betrayal, Jesus even asked God to forgive those who crucified Him.

Jesus' heart of extreme forgiveness is a testament to His Father's heart of extreme forgiveness, Jesus did nothing that His Father didn't tell Him to do! That His Father's Glory might shine through to His children, Jesus suffered every kind of humiliation, extending forgiveness to all involved--down the centuries to us!

I'm not making light of your loss, I'm sorry. I just know that Jesus and the Father feel our hurts because they have experienced the same hurts.
Hugs,
Kathy :-*

smeacham

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 01:14:57 PM »

Perhaps you can count this as a blessing.  God will forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.  This will be a big deposit in your forgiveness account!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 02:04:13 PM »

My heart goes out to you.  I pray God grants and grows more Grace in you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 03:45:27 PM »

It was stolen by someone I love and trusted. Somebody. Anybody. Will you stand with me in prayer that I won't hold anger, resentment, or bitterness towards the person who took it and that I won't beat myself up for not putting it away before they visited.

Thanks.

Larissa

Hi Larissa,

It's only natural to feel all of the emotions you are feeling.  When we are wronged by someone we love and trust, it is the ultimate betrayal.  It will take time for you to overcome this trial.  Yes, this too is a trial.  It may be hard to believe or understand, but the pain that you are experiencing at this time will somehow benefit you in your spiritual journey.  This is what I have to remind myself whenever I am suffering pain or injustices in my life.

My prayer is that the Lord will bring you peace and comfort of heart during this sad time.

Rene'

larissa4676

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 10:36:51 AM »

Ready for Ripely's believe it or not? My ring was returned!!! Yesterday night. I called the police Rodger and I think that was the best advice ever... then... POOF! BAM! WOW! My ring!

It's funny though. I look at that thing completely different now. YHWY took me through a plethora of scriptures all day yesterday. I couldn't believe how much confidence I had (which was broken) in treasure that "thieves break in and steal" (Matt 6:19) I know this will sound weird, but the ring actually looks ugly to me now. That's the best way that I can describe it. I don't know. I feel all weird inside.

Check this story out. When my hubby first proposed to me, he did it in front of my whole family. My hubby was a very wealthy man at the time and when I showed my dad the small half carat ring he had given me. My dad laughed. He said that was smaller then the ring he bought for my mom while he was a drug addict. To stupid to know any better. I immediately (now remember my husband had just proposed to me five minutes earlier) told my hubby "this ring is too small. I'd like to go and pick out my own ring". The next day he took me to get a new one and a half carat ring and return the other ring. A month or so later I asked him to add to THAT ring so he bought two more half carat rings and had them place on either side of the one and half carats.

Selfish. Prideful. Lustful. Greedy. Just plain stupid. I spent most of my day yesterday talking to my husband (who's been in TX during this whole ordeal). I was ashamed. Still am. When I wasn't apologizing I was being reminded of so many scriptures. So many things I failed to see before. Boy! It's amazing what a ring can teach you about your heart. Of course my hubby forgave me with words like " aw that was nothing. It was so long ago". Feels like yesterday to me.

Thank you all for your prayers during this time and I thank the God of Heaven, Creator of the universe for using this experience to change my heart.

Larissa

Marky Mark

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 11:31:51 AM »

Calling the police was the best move that you could have made.I'm glad all worked out for you and God bless. 

Peace... Mark

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 12:28:02 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers during this time and I thank the God of Heaven, Creator of the universe for using this experience to change my heart.

Larissa

Thanks for sharing.  It is so encouraging to hear of your spiritual growth. :)

René

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 04:04:19 PM »

Lot to be thankful for, not the LEAST at all the growth you've experienced through the episode.  That's the work of a creative God.

I don't know the circumstances behind its return, but I guess there might have been a little nascent, embryonic repentance--or at least some meaningful judgement--to get it back to you.  That's to be thanked for as well.

The growth in love and communication with your husband is also a good gift.

I thought about you last evening and prayed kinda like this:  I pray she will understand that his work and time was not wasted.  I don't know if it got answered exactly like I 'envisioned' it, but the Spirit of the thing is the same, I think.

I believe that 'ugly' ring will take on some new beauty now.  Ya know, we have to come to see ourselves for the ugly that's in us and die (get stolen) before God can make Sons and Daughters out of us.  Anyway, it certainly takes on a new (and improved) meaning now, I think.  Moreso than a sock lost to the Clothes Dryer.   ;D

Thanks for sharing.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 04:27:11 PM »

Hi Larissa,

Does this Scripture Ring Truer to you Today ???. Just goes to show, someone meant it for
evil gain for them. God was using it to teach us all a lesson; Who IS Lord Of All We Have ???.

Romans 8:28: (Rotherhams)
We know, further, that, unto them who love God, God causeth all things to work together
for good,—unto them who, according to purpose, are such as he hath called;

george. ;D

smeacham

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 07:46:11 PM »

Hi Larissa,

This reminds me of a story in the Old Testament.  Abraham was asked to show his love and obedience (kinda the same thing) to God by being willing to sacrifice his son, Isaac.  Once Abraham demonstrated that his love for God was greater than his love for his son, God gave him his son back, as it were, by halting the sacrifice.

Your situation reminded me of that, because it wasn't until you were willing to let go that you demonstrated your faithfulness.  He was then kind enough to return the property, knowing how much you cared for it, but that you cared for Him more.

My wife and I have encountered that in our lives.  We have an 18 year old, an 8 year old, and a 4 month old.  For years, when we'd covet a child, ask for a child, even demand a child of God, he closed her womb and blocked all attempts of adoption.  For both the 8 year old and (suprisingly!) the 4 month old, it wasn't until we gave up and accepted that God had other plans and that we'd be happy with them, that he then opened her womb.

God likes to do these things, I think.
Steve

daywalker

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 07:51:09 PM »

Ready for Ripely's believe it or not? My ring was returned!!! Yesterday night. I called the police Rodger and I think that was the best advice ever... then... POOF! BAM! WOW! My ring!

It's funny though. I look at that thing completely different now. YHWY took me through a plethora of scriptures all day yesterday. I couldn't believe how much confidence I had (which was broken) in treasure that "thieves break in and steal" (Matt 6:19) I know this will sound weird, but the ring actually looks ugly to me now. That's the best way that I can describe it. I don't know. I feel all weird inside.

Check this story out. When my hubby first proposed to me, he did it in front of my whole family. My hubby was a very wealthy man at the time and when I showed my dad the small half carat ring he had given me. My dad laughed. He said that was smaller then the ring he bought for my mom while he was a drug addict. To stupid to know any better. I immediately (now remember my husband had just proposed to me five minutes earlier) told my hubby "this ring is too small. I'd like to go and pick out my own ring". The next day he took me to get a new one and a half carat ring and return the other ring. A month or so later I asked him to add to THAT ring so he bought two more half carat rings and had them place on either side of the one and half carats.

Selfish. Prideful. Lustful. Greedy. Just plain stupid. I spent most of my day yesterday talking to my husband (who's been in TX during this whole ordeal). I was ashamed. Still am. When I wasn't apologizing I was being reminded of so many scriptures. So many things I failed to see before. Boy! It's amazing what a ring can teach you about your heart. Of course my hubby forgave me with words like " aw that was nothing. It was so long ago". Feels like yesterday to me.

Larissa

Awesome! Glad to hear such an incredible story.

- Daywalker

larissa4676

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 12:41:39 AM »

Thank you all so very much. This place is so cool!

judith collier

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 04:03:59 AM »

Larissa, what Steve said is true. We have to accept something first and then it changes, and I am ashamed to tell you and steve(in particular) how when I was pregnant for the 6th time, I did not want to have another baby since the youngest was going into kindergarten. Well. it took me 5 months to accept the fact and I became joyful, then I lost the baby. I was so ashamed and so repentant, it took a long time for me to get over it. Now, I accept things immediately as I see them coming from God and believe with prayer all will be well.  While I was pregnant we went to a school carnival and I won a big, big planter. When the church ladies came to deliver the prize  they gave me  a baby blanket and I said "I won the planter not this". One of the ladies said, "well, the Lord must have wanted you to have this. I said " I want the planter, I do not know of anybody who is pregnant." They brought me a planter the next day, A week later I threw up one morning and was naseous all day, I knew I was pregnant. God is with us. Judy

larissa4676

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 10:23:44 PM »

Thanks for sharing Judy. As a mother of five I understand what you mean all to well. With my last daughter, Hannah, I was so sick. I lost about 40lbs the first trimester as I had hyposomthingorother. Basically, my body was allergic to the baby which made me very, very, ill. In and out of the hospital it was rough as we had four kids at home and a new business. I didn't want that baby. I actually asked my husband could we not have her. What a low point and disgrace. I knew many women at our old church who thought abortion was ok as long as I asked for forgiveness (what evil and utter nonsense). Thank God my husband knew better.

I used to often look into her eyes and think "how could I ever have thought such a thing!" God sternly corrected me through the gentle words of my husband and allowed me to heal and move on. She's 9 months now and happy as a clam as am I.

Thank God for giving back to you what you lost.

Larissa
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.