bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An Opportunity  (Read 3295 times)

Ninny

An Opportunity
« on: January 20, 2009, 10:40:23 AM »

I wanted to share something and if anyone has any ideas to help me out I'd appreciate it! ;D
My niece who was raised Catholic and I mean once a week in church the rest of the week live as you like, etc. recently moved from Arizona to Alabama in what even she knows was a God-ordained move!

She lives about 25 miles from me, but she works fairly close by. I called her last night and she was telling me about a church she has found very close to her home. She was really touched by what the pastor preached on. There are a lot of circumstances around all of this, but last night she told me that she has always looked up to me and that what she knew about God she learned from me when she was little! This is amazing to me since I have really spent no time with her since she was about 11 years old! She is 44 now!

I wish I had time and space to tell you the things she has told me about what has happened to her over the years! ANYWAY! She has been here since last spring and I have even gone to churches with her over that time to help her find a place to fit in! I have told her some of what I have learned from Ray's teachings. She is newly finding her way to God so I don't want to jump on her with all the stuff I know!
I emailed her the paper of Ray's Praying By God's Rules, I think that is the best place to start! She told me that she has been praying and that God is answering her prayers! So she must be going the way God is leading! Her husband is from a Pentecostal background so I know I must choose my words carefully so as not to get him on my bad side! (He's really a sweetie).

I'm thinking about asking her if she wants to come over after work and study the Bible together one day a week. Do you think that would be a good idea? Should I throw that out to her? I think she'd be interested.
Well anyway please pray that I will do the right thing! :D
Thanks for your prayers and help!
Kathy :D

britt

Re: An Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 12:47:26 AM »

Ninny, great testimony.

I would recommend you pray for guidance on how to share your knowledge with your niece, and if it is meant to be, the lord will open doors for it. It sounds like he's already began opening. I find it best to just sometime print the material and give it to whomever seems interested. This way makes it between the person and god, and I just play a willing vessel. Which you have done. I think your on the right track.

Best of luck,  ;)

Britt   

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 12:59:09 AM »

Thanks Britt!
I haven't been able to give her any of Ray's materials yet but I am going to! She told me she's been going to a little church with her step-daughter so I am going to help her with any questions she has and I think there will be a way I can help her find things out on her own without a lot of pushing on my part. I am praying about what to do. I know God is faithful and everything goes according to His timetable! Hopefully, I will be able to remember that! ;) One plus is that her step daughter doesn't think one has to go to church to be a Christian! Ha! if she only knew!! :D
Thanks for your thoughts, pray for her. Thanks!
Kathy :)

Roy Martin

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 10:14:21 AM »

Kathy, anything you can add to a zero is a plus. I see a lot of pluses to your story.
Just follow your heart as you are doing. Spiritual awareness is what its all about, and I think you have that. Your doing great.

Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 16 queries.