bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All your advice needed  (Read 4160 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
All your advice needed
« on: January 21, 2009, 05:19:46 AM »

Hi Guys,

I have just made peace with my sister today, we haven't spoken to each other for the last 4 years even though we live no more then 10 Klm's from each other......long story, anyway I would like your opinion on as to what I should suggest she reads first from our (Ray's) website. She is going through a divorce, her 24 year old daughter (Jacqui) is recovering from cancer ( I knew she was going to make it as I asked our Father to save her) and she feels pretty down at the moment. She loves God, BUT the one the catholics introduced to her.

Thanks in advance.............Love you all........John

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: All your advice needed
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 07:33:22 AM »

Hi John.  I still think the best 'introduction' to the overall Gospel is found in the open letters to Hagee and Kennedy.  That's what 'started' B-T, as I understand it.  I think for focus and relative succinctness they are the best introduction articles. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marky Mark

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 11:24:27 AM »

This one has always been of help to me.

Seeing and Understanding the Invisible

Peace... Mark

Amrhrasach

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 12:02:30 PM »

I just recently referred a long time friend who is new to bible study and suggested she read "You Fools, You Hypocrites, You snakes".  I wanted her to get a feel for Ray's strength and manner of teaching of the truth before proceeding onto more of his teachings.

Heck it's all good, no matter which way it goes.

Gary

Samson

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 12:06:57 PM »

Hello John9362,

I believe this question was asked by others in the past, some had
                     suggested that Rays Articles should be read in the order presented
                     in the front page of this Site, that would be You Fools, Hypocrites
                     and Snakes(Meet the real Jesus that people Hate). There seems
                     to be a natural flow of understanding from approaching his articles
                     using this method.

My opinion, the Myth of Free Will, although difficult for many to understand,
                     is the the most important of All. Believing we have Free Will or Free Moral
                     Agency seems to lead to most of the errors and misunderstandings on other
                     Topics. Also getting a clear understanding as to why our English words Eternal,
                     Everlasting and Forever are inaccurate renderings of the Greek Word Aionios
                     and Why with the proof herein is very important, because getting a clear and
                     confident belief on what Aion and it's adjective Aionios clearly mean leads to
                     a proper understanding of so many Scriptures that would usually lead the reader
                     to seeing the fate of those mentioned relating to punishment(Chastisement) as
                     being endless in duration.

Ray has even said in regards to the various Translations out there that if a few
                     Words were translated correctly, these various translations would be fine, he
                     specifically referred to the King James Version and one of the key words that
                     Ray had in mind was the Greek Noun Aion(An Age) and it's adjective Aionios,
                     (pertaining to the ages, Eonian). IMHO, belief in Free Will and belief that Aionios
                     means Forever or Eternal are the initial false beliefs that should be investigated
                     and corrected to the proper understanding before continuing to greater depths
                     of understanding Rays material.

Kind Regards, Samson.

lferretj

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 03:22:04 PM »

Hello,
   I would ask her what she would like to learn about first and give her a choice of 3 or 4 things.  That way whatever she picks you'll know she'll be interested in it and maybe invest more of her time to understand the concept.  For me I dug right in to the meaning of Sheol and Hades to start, i'd heard those words before in church but they were never explained in detail. I found that one right away to be a real eye opener.  I also liked the letter An Encouraging Word About Death after I read the Sheol, Hades papers.  Even if I wasn't sure exactly what happened to non-believers, I was sure their was no Hell and was more open to the salvation of all principle.  Just my two cents
      lferretj

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 09:26:01 PM »

I personally like to start with "Praying by God's Rules" lots of people start to look for God by a great need so prayer is good place to start, too! :D
Kathy ;)

Heidi

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 11:35:43 PM »

What a great testimony of reconciliation!  I am so glad that you and your sister are communicating again and I will pray that God will make your relationship with her fruitful. 

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.

Love
Heidi

smeacham

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 01:44:34 AM »

I like to just talk about it as a matter of normal conversation.  If they ask questions, go that way.  If not, just stay with the conversation at hand.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.