bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank GOD!!!!!!  (Read 9107 times)

ryan_p_boerner

Thank GOD!!!!!!
« on: January 21, 2009, 09:19:51 PM »

I am very happy that god has blessed us with the understanding that we all have. GOD has shown us that we don't need to follow the false prophets on the pulpit anylonger! I was just turned on to this site by my father a few days ago and i have been shocked daily reading the papers written by Mr Smith. My father has been teaching me alot of things about god for years now and he has shown me different things from many different places. I decided to go to church on my own when i was a child because i felt like i needed god but after a while i felt like the passion was gone and i was going through the motions just so i didn't go to hell. ( hell we all know that is a stupid concept of man) So after a few years i left the church because i questioned so much that i was being shown that i no longer wanted to be there. I was gone from the church for 8 years and they built a new church down the street from my house and i felt that god was calling me so i went one day and talked with the pastor and liked most of what i heard and became a member. I had i good time for a little while my wife liked the church and my children loved going to sunday school it felt like home. Then came the start of a new year and they wanted to know how much money i planned on making that year and how much i was giving to them. I was very put off by this  but i felt that it was good for my family so i did. after a few months the church one sunday instead of speaking the word of god came to us and pretty much gave us an investment presentation and showed us how they planned on growing much much bigger. Then the told us that they wanted to build a 16 by 20 room on the side of the church and it would cost 200,000 to build. Now along with all the money we were already giving the church to give them their 12,000 a month budget now we had to give more. They told us to sell things if we didn't have the extra money to give them because god wanted this room! Then they said if we did not want to pay then we no longer needed to be members of the church. At that very moment i gathered my family and walked away from mainstream religion. I have allways questioned hell and the business of religion and now i have the understanding to show me the way.. Thank you all so much for being here and reading my post i am truly gratefull that there are people put there that don't hate me because i actually look for the truth rather than taking a mans word for it. anyway i look foward to being a member and god bless you all :)

Beloved

Re: Thank GOD!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 09:49:33 PM »

Welcome Ryan

No building projects here...except building up of saints...

625/sq foot wow...what did they want you to sell...your blood

Hope you enjoy reading and fellowshipping with others who have come out of Babylon

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 10:41:35 PM »

Hi Ryan,

Glad you got caught with the searchlight right in your eyes; an  :o ::) opening experience i bet.

Welcome to the forum; lots to read and exchange.

george. ;D

Linny

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 11:47:45 PM »

That is such an interesting story. I am so careful about taking up offenses but at the same time, God used very similar circumstances to push us out of Babylon too! We didn't actually leave until we found BT but we were already very unhappy with the church.

Glad you are here!

Blessings, Lin

cherokee

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 10:14:05 AM »

Hey Ryan,

Welcome to the forum. ;)

Suzie

jg

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 10:37:06 AM »

Welcome to the forum!  Not much time to say a whole lot as I'm at work, but Welcome!!!!!

Joe

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 10:55:04 AM »

Welcome Ryan...so glad for your freedom.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

daywalker

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »

I am very happy that god has blessed us with the understanding that we all have. GOD has shown us that we don't need to follow the false prophets on the pulpit anylonger! I was just turned on to this site by my father a few days ago and i have been shocked daily reading the papers written by Mr Smith. My father has been teaching me alot of things about god for years now and he has shown me different things from many different places. I decided to go to church on my own when i was a child because i felt like i needed god but after a while i felt like the passion was gone and i was going through the motions just so i didn't go to hell. ( hell we all know that is a stupid concept of man) So after a few years i left the church because i questioned so much that i was being shown that i no longer wanted to be there. I was gone from the church for 8 years and they built a new church down the street from my house and i felt that god was calling me so i went one day and talked with the pastor and liked most of what i heard and became a member. I had i good time for a little while my wife liked the church and my children loved going to sunday school it felt like home. Then came the start of a new year and they wanted to know how much money i planned on making that year and how much i was giving to them. I was very put off by this  but i felt that it was good for my family so i did. after a few months the church one sunday instead of speaking the word of god came to us and pretty much gave us an investment presentation and showed us how they planned on growing much much bigger. Then the told us that they wanted to build a 16 by 20 room on the side of the church and it would cost 200,000 to build. Now along with all the money we were already giving the church to give them their 12,000 a month budget now we had to give more. They told us to sell things if we didn't have the extra money to give them because god wanted this room! Then they said if we did not want to pay then we no longer needed to be members of the church. At that very moment i gathered my family and walked away from mainstream religion. I have allways questioned hell and the business of religion and now i have the understanding to show me the way.. Thank you all so much for being here and reading my post i am truly gratefull that there are people put there that don't hate me because i actually look for the truth rather than taking a mans word for it. anyway i look foward to being a member and god bless you all :)

Hey Ryan,

Welcome to Life After Babylon. Where knowledge & wisdom continue to increase; where the power of the flesh continues to decrease; and where the joy and the freedom that you are feeling never fade away!

Your journey has just begun!

- Daywalker

Heidi

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 02:13:54 AM »

A warm welcome to you Ryan.... :)

John 8:32...and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.....Hallelujah!!!

Falconn003

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 02:15:05 AM »

Welcome to the Fellowship of this forum,

Rodger

charrie

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 02:54:32 AM »

Welcome, Ryan

Charrie  :-*

iris

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to the forum!

Iris

Kat

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 02:41:31 PM »

Hi Ryan,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
It is such a breath of fresh air to be free of the church.  I was there for 25 long years  :-\  but am free now.  I hope you will enjoy this fellowship, it is a great place to be with liked minded believers.

Here are links to some to the things that we have here, besides the main boards.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marky Mark

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 05:51:42 PM »

Welcome Ryan,

Pull up a chair and dine on the Bread of Christ,one can never be to FULL. :D

Peace...   Mark

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 11:43:04 AM »

Welcome Ryan :)

God Bless you
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

musicman

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 12:48:20 AM »

Now you must send your tithe to us.  Send your 10% donation using "payup" to www.musicmanneedsyomoney.com.  You will be greatly blessed for doing so.

Ninny

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 12:59:00 AM »

Hey, wait , you didn't offer the religious trinket! I want the religious trinket!! ;D
Kathy ;)

Vangie

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 09:06:31 AM »

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."  Darn Musicman, I had all this extra money burning a hole in my pocket that I was gonna donate!

Heidi

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 09:57:05 AM »

Musicman you got the web address all wrong.....it is heidineedsomemoney.com..... and I do offer some trinkets for anyone who donates.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Heidi

ryan_p_boerner

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 06:34:05 PM »

thank you everone for the kind words . i am very happy to be here and to learn all that i can. quick question is anyone concerned that when ray departs from us that the website may be shut down. i think it should stay up until the end of time so that all who look for the truth may be able to find it
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.