bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: money problems??  (Read 9787 times)

winner08

money problems??
« on: January 23, 2009, 10:33:07 PM »

do you have money problems? Don't worry. ??? ??? I'm going to tell you how to fix your money problem. ??? ??? All you have to do is send Joyce Myers 39.95 for a 5 piece disc set and it will show you have to get rid of you debt. :o :o ; It will show you how to cure all your money problems. Oh yea, and she will even throw in a free offer, a book called money fixes. ;) ;) So you see why worry. no need to. Joyce will fix everything. ::) ::) I was flipping threw channels and caught the very end of the show. Oh yea this 39.95 is called a donation. ??? ???

deftarchangel

Re: money problems??
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 11:12:08 PM »

And you can be sure that your "donation" is being put towards a good cause.  Namely, paying for Mrs. Meyers and her whole family to live like kings (I hope the pictures come through alright).  I don't know how she sleeps at night.  Probably very comfortably actually.....on a nice, big, cushy bed that's twice the size of my apartment!   :P

http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv236/deftarchangel/meyercompound2.jpg
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv236/deftarchangel/meyercompound1.jpg

musicman

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 11:23:47 PM »

Does anybody here realize how much better off we'd be if these snake oil salesmen were required to pay taxes on their "donations".

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 11:27:09 PM »

I have a feeling that someone is gettin' really RICH off of "donations"! Ha! Ha! Ha! >:( I've also heard these called "love gifts"! Whatever! :P :P
Kathy ;)

judith collier

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 11:44:43 PM »

Are one of those homes really hers? It's hard to believe. I still can't judge her though, maybe she needs a lot of room. She does have a big ministry. maybe she keeps all her stock there. I don't know, probably that's how I would justify it. And I would have to have a video room and a room to make cds and guests rooms and a large kitchen for my guests and a conference room(big) and a swimming pool (for my guests) OH, and a little chapel and a big library with holy books so when I write a book I will have many references. I can see how all this could happen.   OF COURSE I AM JOKING!!! But wouldn't it be great. I know, I know! Judy

winner08

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 11:51:12 PM »

Sure it  would be great, but not at the expense of others. Not only does she hand her husband have a masion that her flock pays for but her kids and their family as well. What a great racket a great scam and a great con job a Felice. I wonder how many of her flock are living on the poverty level while her and her whole family live high on the hog??

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 12:23:29 AM »

:o ::) :o

Hope no one get bent out of shape but; seem to me a bit of personal bashing going on.
We may get a visit from a mod if not careful. ::)

I do agree about many of these ministries, Ray had something to say about it also:

http://bible-truths.com/audio/Church%20Government%20Pt_1.mp3

http://bible-truths.com/audio/Church%20Government%20Pt_2.mp3

These are mp3 downloads, he does a great series here.

george. ;D

judith collier

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 03:21:42 AM »

Listened to both recordings. So when did Ray come out of The Worldwide Church of God( I just knew that's where he came out of having studied different church doctrines for so long, that one or Jehovahs Witness) and why? Now I understand why there is so much emphasis on the old testament here. At least the Catholic Church taught us Christ better even though it had many of the same sins as WWCG. "My sheep hear my voice and they follow me" I guess I don't understand. Do you guys profess Jesus is Lord and King of Kings? I probably should read more but now I am a little bit afraid. I am not condemming I am just worried. I really like it here and even feel so close to you all  and I don't want you to kick me off. Judy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 03:26:40 AM »

yes darren,
i fell into that trap along my journey which is another reason God drug me out of babylon. Praise be to our loving and wise Father !!!

claudia

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 03:46:44 AM »

Hi Judy,

There is nothing to be afraid of, you need to read more, it is up to you to educate yourself.
What do the Scriptures say about study:

I Thessalonians 4:11:
And that you study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;

II Timothy 2:15:
Study to show yourself approved to God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

george. :)

judith collier

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 05:37:34 AM »

O.K. I'll never get up in the morning. I just STUDIED "what ever happened to the church Jesus built" I am seeing a lot more, quite a bit in fact. Not seeing but sobering is the only word I can think of. Actually serious, dedicated more humbled.  So the life of Christ in us is a form of deification(to be like the son of God) Something to really be considering more seriously and making more of an effort at studying instead of thinking I already knew enough. Judy

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 11:33:38 AM »

Judy, The danger we all face as Christians is that we get in our mind what we THINK we know and when something like what Ray says comes along it sort of knocks our foundation out from under us! We really have to root ourselves in Jesus and then we are better able to follow where God leads us. Where we make our mistake is rooting ourselves in a doctrine instead of Scripture. It is always a challenge to look at everything again and again. I have heard Ray say on the audios so many times, "You gotta read ALL the words!" Doctrines come from reading a scripture and then taking the part they like and building a doctrine around it!
Instead of comparing scripture to scripture, line upon line upon line, here a little and there a little. Understanding it is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle, you have to look at all the pieces and then compare them to one another to see where everything fits! You have to UNlearn a lot of stuff along the way! I know I have to unlearn something almost every day!
We are told not be "blown about by every wind of doctrine" That's the beauty of following the rules of reading the scriptures, You know: line upon line upon line....etc.
that's just the way I see it!
Kathy :D

Marky Mark

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 01:00:20 PM »

Hi Judy,

There is nothing to be afraid of, you need to read more, it is up to you to educate yourself.
What do the Scriptures say about study:

I Thessalonians 4:11:
And that you study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;

II Timothy 2:15:
Study to show yourself approved to God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

george. :)

it is up to you

And let us not forget this also.  A response from Brother Ray, via e-mail. ;D

Peace...   Mark

Dear Roy:

ABSOLUTELY, there are things you "must do," Roy, but don't think for I second that it is YOU who are going to ORIGINATE all of that "doing."  Yes, we MUST live by faith and not sight as Paul admonishes us, but how do we do that, where does that faith come from, etc., etc., etc?

It is ALL OF GOD.  Faith to believe God, to believe in God, to believe His Word, must come FROM GOD (Eph. 2:08).  It is a GIFT from God.  We don't choose Christ, but rather He chooses us (John 15:16), and we do not come to Christ, but rather the Father drags us (John 6:44).  And we do not produce spiritual fruit. Our spiritual fruit comes from another source than ourselves, it is the "fruit OF THE SPIRIT," that's the source.

So, is there something you can or must do now, or "next" as you say in order to ensure your calling and salvation, that you can or must do independent of God?  No, of course not. It is all of God. All that you either do or don't do is based on the foreknowledge of God's sovereignty. God will make you sweat bullets before He is done with you, and you will think many times that if YOU don't come up with a solution, you will utterly fail, but in the final analysis, it will be God Who provided the solution THROUGH your bullet sweating.

Don't become discouraged in well-doing, for God will have the victory in you eventually.

God be with you,

Ray

Longhorn

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 01:22:23 PM »

I hope Joyce Meyers has molten lava hot steamy diarrhea  24-7.

Longhorn

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »

If I know one thing about you, Longhorn, it this: you are consistent! You dole out equal justice to people you don't like! ;) You've got a mean streak in you a mile wide! A mile ain't nothin' in Texas! :D You and MM are perfect running mates! ;D :o
Kathy ;) 

Ninny

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 02:30:12 PM »

Judy, the moderators know more about when Ray came out of the WWCG I know it was some years ago. He talks about it in some of his audios. You'd have to ask Dennis or some of the others.
Kathy :)

judith collier

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 03:28:52 PM »

Longhorn, you are one sick puppy!!!!! Your anal fixation is probably related to your mother not changing your diapers enough!!!!

Ninny

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 04:09:19 PM »

Judy, shhh don't tell anyone, but Longhorn was raised on the Texas prairie by a pack of coyotes! Yep it's true...He never WORE diapers! ;D The pack stole him from his family when he was a tiny baby (the only thing he was wearing was a pair of tiny cowboy boots!) When he was 7 years old his sister found him sitting in the middle of a bunch of tumble weeds eating what was left of a wild pig!  :o I don't know when he learned to drink whiskey, that's probably another story altogether!  Yeah, you begin to appreciate ole Longhorn when you know how he was raised. He didn't need money, the coyotes just would slink around and steal food and bring it to him!  ;D I'm not going to tell you anymore about him because he likes to keep to himself out there on the ranch, but hey he's an honest guy now no stealing or anything. He's an astronaut, a rancher, an inventor and he does some things that are just right down secretive! He's a good neighbor as long as they don't cross him--that's when his upbringing kicks in! :D

Don't be surprised by anything he does or says! Just laugh at his jokes and throw him hugs and kisses, that's all he needs! ::) ;D
Kathy ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 04:51:14 PM »

Hi Judy,

The information we need to grow has been available; our growth happens when we
become like Bereans and search The Scriptures Daily. I put three different translations
below to point how searching brings additional understanding.

Acts 17:10-12

AKJV (Bible)
10-And the brothers immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night to Berea: who coming
thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.

11-These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with all
readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, to see whether these things were so.

12-Therefore many of them believed; also of honorable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few

GOD'S WORD to the nations (Bible)
10-Immediately when night came, the believers sent Paul and Silas to the city of Berea.
When Paul and Silas arrived in the city of Berea, they entered the synagogue.

11-The people of Berea were more open-minded than the people of Thessalonica. They were
very willing to receive God's message, and every day they carefully examined the Scriptures
to see if what Paul said was true.

12-Many of them became believers, and quite a number of them were prominent Greek men and women.

Rotherhams Emphasized (Bible)
10-But, the brethren, straightway, during the night, sent away both Paul and Silas unto Beroea, who,
indeed, arriving, unto the synagogue of the Jews, went off;

11-and, these, were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they welcomed the word with all
readiness of mind, daily, searching the Scriptures,—whether these things could be so.

12-Many, therefore, from among them, believed, and, of the Grecian women of the higher class, and of men, not a few.

george. ;D

O.K. I'll never get up in the morning. I just STUDIED "what ever happened to the church Jesus built" I am seeing a lot more, quite a bit in fact. Not seeing but sobering is the only word I can think of. Actually serious, dedicated more humbled.  So the life of Christ in us is a form of deification(to be like the son of God) Something to really be considering more seriously and making more of an effort at studying instead of thinking I already knew enough. Judy

Jackie Lee

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 05:33:33 PM »

I was so caught up and decieved by the likes of Joyce Meyers Kenny Copeland TBN, it really makes me sad, I could have had more money to raise my children.
When I think of it now it is one bad memory, I hope my girls are not too angry about it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.