bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Myths and Endless Genealogies  (Read 13178 times)

aqrinc

Myths and Endless Genealogies
« on: January 25, 2009, 02:17:38 AM »

The Apostles were battling teachers of false doctrine very soon after Christianity was born.
According to the Scriptures: myths and endless genealogies, useless discussion rather than
promoting the Faith. How do we avoid those same mistakes today; seeing that there is so
much misinformation and disinformation everywhere we turn.

All of us were rescued from where we were thoroughly indoctrinated in some huMan's Religion.
One thing i have noticed though is that we mostly want to put a fresh coat of paint on the
old and fit it neatly into BT.

I hope this is not considered teaching because that is not my aim. Instead just asking why
should we try to hang on to any of the stuff that we were snatched out of. Now we
know; through Rays writings and audios plus some of the scales have been removed from
our eyes; what is the fascination with going back to being Spiritually Dead.

Ok off the horse, but i would really like to hear from other members how the Scriptures
below and my little essay above affects your thinking or not.

1st Timothy: 1: 3-6 (GOD'S WORD Bible)

3-When I was going to the province of Macedonia, I encouraged you to stay in the city of
Ephesus. That way you could order certain people to stop teaching false doctrine

4-and occupying themselves with myths and endless genealogies. These myths and genealogies
 raise a lot of questions rather than promoting God's plan, which centers in faith.

5-My goal in giving you this order is for love to flow from a pure heart, from a clear conscience,
and from a sincere faith.

6-Some people have left these qualities behind and have turned to useless discussions.

george. :)

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:42:56 PM by aqr »

judith collier

Re: Myths and Endless Genealogies
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 04:12:51 AM »

George when I am learning something new I have to think on a subject a lot and then memories of the old come up and I look at the differences. Talking about it reinforces the new thinking for me. Don't we have to "Eat" and digest the word of God (get it down in our spirit )  judy

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 04:29:03 AM »

Good thought Judy! I think you're right you do have to digest! As for me I do occasionally remember where I came from never with longing to go back but with gratitude for how far I have come! Looking back to the past sometimes helps me focus on the future, just to know that I am going forward and not longing for some time in my life that I'd never want to relive, but I'd never want to change!

Thanks for that reminder, though George It is good to live in the moment looking forward!
Kathy ;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 09:07:42 AM »

THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT IS FOR CHRIST'S DISCIPLES
THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT IS FOR YOU, NOW!

YOU NOW speaks VOLUMES!

CHRIST'S JUDGMENTS ARE UPON US, NOT THE WORLD

We know that Judgment teaches us His Rigteousness which is such a blessing and privilage. It is not a negative hostile outcome that results from the Judgement of our Lord that brings us to understand and know Him better.

I love what is written in LOF Part 3

GOD IS LOVE

GOD IS SOVEREIGN

CHRIST’S WORDS ARE SPIRIT

MAN’S WILL IS NOT FREE AND INDEPENDENT OF GOD

THE GREEK WORD ‘AIONIOS’ NEVER MEANS ETERNAL

GOD WILLS TO SAVE ALL MANKIND

GOD WILL PERFORM ALL HIS WILL

These seven spiritual truths will protect you from all unscriptural and heretical teachings. And as you mature in Christ Jesus our Lord, you will only be required to understand and believe one of the above spiritual truths. That would be the first one which covers ALL: GOD IS LOVE !

Arc

Heidi

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 09:23:55 AM »

George, I do think, no I know that we sometimes get caught up in useless discussions...even here on the forum and I do believe that your posting this is for love to flow from a pure heart, from a clear conscience, and from a sincere faith. 

As for me....I pray that God will give me a spirit of discernment....knowledge to know when to stay clear of useless discussions.

Arcturus has reminded me of the spiritual that will protect me and us from all unscriptural and heretical teachings.....GOD IS LOVE

Heidi

Samson

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 10:53:33 AM »

THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT IS FOR CHRIST'S DISCIPLES
THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT IS FOR YOU, NOW!

YOU NOW speaks VOLUMES!

CHRIST'S JUDGMENTS ARE UPON US, NOT THE WORLD

We know that Judgment teaches us His Rigteousness which is such a blessing and privilage. It is not a negative hostile outcome that results from the Judgement of our Lord that brings us to understand and know Him better.

I love what is written in LOF Part 3

GOD IS LOVE

GOD IS SOVEREIGN

CHRIST’S WORDS ARE SPIRIT

MAN’S WILL IS NOT FREE AND INDEPENDENT OF GOD

THE GREEK WORD ‘AIONIOS’ NEVER MEANS ETERNAL

GOD WILLS TO SAVE ALL MANKIND

GOD WILL PERFORM ALL HIS WILL

These seven spiritual truths will protect you from all unscriptural and heretical teachings. And as you mature in Christ Jesus our Lord, you will only be required to understand and believe one of the above spiritual truths. That would be the first one which covers ALL: GOD IS LOVE !

Arc

Very Good Arcturus,

Would like to add this excerpt from Rays Free Will is an Oxymoron Transcript.
                            It narrows it down to the basic problems with Christendom Theology that
                            leads to all the other misunderstandings. (See Below)

‘FREE WILL’ IS AN OXYMORON
[Free-will is a self-contradicting term]

What is the two biggest errors in Christian theology, knowing every thing you know? Now this is my opinion, you may come up with different things, that‘s fine.  But I’m going to give you what I think are the two biggest errors where they go wrong. Because to me all the major problems with Christian theology fall under these two major errors of their teaching.

1)  The sovereignty of God:  They do not understand or believe in the sovereignty of God.  If they did, you would automatically throw free will to the wind. 
But God could be sovereign and still torture people in hell for all eternity. It just means there is no greater power than God. 
Nobody can thwart, intervene, change, mutilate, screw up God’s plan!  He’s totally sovereign! 
But still if He wanted to, He could torture people for all eternity in hell.  So there is a second area.

2)  Judgment is not eternal:  I worded it specifically that way, for a purpose.  I didn’t say there is no eternal hell.  I said JUDGMENT is not eternal, or we could turn it around and say judgment is temporary.

Those two doctrines.  Those are the two major problems with Christiandom. 
They do not believe that God is totally and completely in charge of everything.  And number 2, they diminish God’s love and everything else, by suggesting that judgment is eternal.  That God would judge and punish and torture people for all eternity, it’s obscene.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 11:08:33 AM »

That is a very valuable addition Samson.

There is GREAT Comfort in believing and being reassured that our trials and tribulations, griefs and birth pangs will END! It is most important, edifying and encouraging to know that quote : JUDGMENT is not eternal....

Arc

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 11:15:40 AM »

I keep saying it over and over that God is in control of EVERYTHING! If He were not sovereign He couldn't be in control and if He wasn't in control He couldn't be sovereign! You know these are things they just don't teach you in the Christian world! They teach that He is sovereign and that He's in control, but funny how they never put it together! So much of it is lip service! It's like "God is in control, BUT..." God is sovereign, BUT..." as if something we could do diminishes God's ability to conduct the affairs of men!

And as you said GOD IS LOVE!! That explains why He does what He does! That should be a "No brainer" BUT Christianity wants to have us to believe that God is Love, BUT...There are no BUTs with God.
Kathy :)

Marky Mark

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 12:47:48 PM »

The Apostles were battling teachers of false doctrine very soon after Christianity was born.
According to the Scriptures: myths and endless genealogies, useless discussion rather than
promoting the Faith. How do we avoid those same mistakes today; seeing that there is so
much misinformation and disinformation everywhere we turn.

All of us were rescued from where we were thoroughly indoctrinated in some huMan's Religion.
One thing i have noticed though is that we mostly want to put a fresh coat of paint on the
old and fit it neatly into BT.

I hope this is not considered teaching because that is not my aim. Instead just asking why
should we try to hang on to any of the stuff that that we were snatched out of. Now we
know; through Rays writings and audios plus some of the scales have been removed from
our eyes; what is the fascination with going back to being Spiritually Dead.

Ok off the horse, but i would really like to hear from other members how the Scriptures
below and my little essay above affects your thinking or not.

1st Timothy: 1: 3-6 (GOD'S WORD Bible)

3-When I was going to the province of Macedonia, I encouraged you to stay in the city of
Ephesus. That way you could order certain people to stop teaching false doctrine

4-and occupying themselves with myths and endless genealogies. These myths and genealogies
 raise a lot of questions rather than promoting God's plan, which centers in faith.

5-My goal in giving you this order is for love to flow from a pure heart, from a clear conscience,
and from a sincere faith.

6-Some people have left these qualities behind and have turned to useless discussions.

Instead just asking why
should we try to hang on to any of the stuff that that we were snatched out of.

E-mail reply from Brother Ray. Hope it helps.

Dear Mike:  Do not become discouraged because you are not yet where you desire to be spiritually in your life.  God works differently with different people.  We see it in our daily lives and the the lives of those in the Scriptures.  It took over three years before the Apostles were converted, yet Saul/Paul submitted to God almost instantly after his calling.

God be with you,

Ray

Phil3:10

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 02:18:34 PM »

To all.
As Arc so rightly said, "Judgement is not eternal."  Ray has often said that judgement can be good. I have just finished the book of Micah
and would encourage all to spend a little time in this little book. In brief, Micah tells us not to trust in anything or in anyone but the LORD.
Verse 9 of Chapter 7 rings so true to this thought. Micah 7:9, " I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against HIM, until HE plead my cause, and execute judgement for me: HE will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold HIS righteousness."
Verse 18 really wraps it all up. Micah 7:18, "Who is a GOD like you, that pardons iniquity, and passes by transgression of the remnant of HIS heritage? HE does not retain HIS anger for ever, because HE delights in mercy."
Our GOD is love, mercy and compassion. Verse 19 so rightly brings judgement into focus. Micah 7:19, HE will turn again, HE will have compassion upon us, HE will subdue our inequities; and YOU will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
Praise HIS HOLY and wonderful name.
Phil3:10

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 04:07:30 PM »

Hi Judy,

I do agree with you about the analogy of eating and digesting. That is why i thought this post
was important for us, to do a check up on where we are spending most of our time. Are we
digesting or just regurgitating the old and mixing it with the new. We are given 3 score and 10
maybe 4 score years:

Psalms 90:10:
The days of our years are three score years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be
fourscore years, yet is their strength labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

With The above Scripture in mind; should we not use the time we have now to learn what GOD
Has already laid out for us. Again the point is we can hang on to where we came from; but
that means we will not get to the other side until we let go and Go Forward. We already know
what happened to Israel because of mixing old and new or outright rejecting The New (GOD'S LAW)

Numbers: 14: 1-4
1-And all the congregation lifted up their voice, and cried; and the people wept that night.

2-And all the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron: and the whole
congregation said to them, Would God that we had died in the land of Egypt! or would God
we had died in this wilderness!

3-And why has the LORD brought us to this land, to fall by the sword, that our wives and our
children should be a prey? were it not better for us to return into Egypt?

4-And they said one to another, Let us make a captain, and let us return into Egypt.

George when I am learning something new I have to think on a subject a lot and then memories of the old come up and I look at the differences. Talking about it reinforces the new thinking for me. Don't we have to "Eat" and digest the word of God (get it down in our spirit )  judy

judith collier

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 04:14:42 AM »

George, thanks a lot for reminding me of how old I am!! Wow at best with 3 score and 10 I have about 3 1/2 yrs left. And what has God laid out for us? The way I see it here (and this has been such sorrow for me) that I will not go and be with God  at my death and I will have to lie in my grave  for at least a 1,000 yrs.  And that the consolation that my loved ones are not with the Lord (I thought to separated from the body was to be with the Lord) and I was so grieved over this but whatever happens I have decided to trust God for all of it but there were many days of heartfelt sorrow.  So, what else is there for me to learn? Judy

aqrinc

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 04:46:38 AM »

Hi Judy,

Once you learn that the story is so different from what Christendom teach; you will be so happy
you won't know what to do with yourself. Keep learning and Praying; your promise is right in the
Scriptures as is everyone else's.

Heb 4: 1-16 (CEV) Contemporary English Version.

Heb 4:1  The promise to enter the place of rest is still good, and we must take care that none of you miss out.
Heb 4:2  We have heard the message, just as they did. But they failed to believe what they heard, and the message did not do them any good.
Heb 4:3  Only people who have faith will enter the place of rest. It is just as the Scriptures say, "God became angry and told the people, 'You will never enter my place of rest!' " God said this, even though everything has been ready from the time of creation.
Heb 4:4  In fact, somewhere the Scriptures say that by the seventh day, God had finished his work, and so he rested.
Heb 4:5  We also read that he later said, "You people will never enter my place of rest!"
Heb 4:6  This means that the promise to enter is still good, because those who first heard about it disobeyed and did not enter.
Heb 4:7  Much later God told David to make the promise again, just as I have already said, "If you hear his voice today, don't be stubborn!"
Heb 4:8  If Joshua had really given the people rest, there would not be any need for God to talk about another day of rest.
Heb 4:9  But God has promised us a Sabbath when we will rest, even though it has not yet come.
Heb 4:10  On that day God's people will rest from their work, just as God rested from his work.
Heb 4:11  We should do our best to enter that place of rest, so that none of us will disobey and miss going there, as they did.
Heb 4:12  What God has said isn't only alive and active! It is sharper than any double-edged sword. His word can cut through our spirits and souls and through our joints and marrow, until it discovers the desires and thoughts of our hearts.
Heb 4:13  Nothing is hidden from God! He sees through everything, and we will have to tell him the truth.
Heb 4:14  We have a great high priest, who has gone into heaven, and he is Jesus the Son of God. That is why we must hold on to what we have said about him.
Heb 4:15  Jesus understands every weakness of ours, because he was tempted in every way that we are. But he did not sin!
Heb 4:16  So whenever we are in need, we should come bravely before the throne of our merciful God. There we will be treated with undeserved kindness, and we will find help.

george :).

judith collier

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 05:43:57 AM »

Total Greek to me. What rest are you talking about, here or later in the grave? I am serious, I do not know what to look forward to now, all thoughts of soon being with my Lord have been taken away or I have laid them down. A thousand years might be like a day in the sight of the Lord but I am human and a thousand years is a thousand years to me. I will overcome but now what? Judy

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 08:42:14 AM »

I do not know what to look forward to now, all thoughts of soon being with my Lord have been taken away or I have laid them down. A thousand years might be like a day in the sight of the Lord but I am human and a thousand years is a thousand years to me.

Judy why do you think this?  You will soon be with the Lord.  I don't know how old you are but lets guess 40, if you live another 40 years I think that is pretty soon. You could also die today, and that would be very soon.  I think you are talking about being dead in your grave for a long time?  That may be true, but time will not pass for you there, you will know nothing, you will be dead.  A person who dies 1 thousand years ago will have the same sense of time passing as someone who dies the day of the Lord's return.  Our only, and great hope, is for God to raise us from the dead, when that happens it will seem as we closed our eyes and then opened them the next moment.

So what do I look forward too?  I look forward to when I am resurrected and enter into the judgment, to when God takes my sinful nature and carnal thoughts and gets them out of me, as by fire, so that I am left a child of God in His image. 

Blessings
Craig
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:41:19 AM by Craig »

Patrick

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »

http://bible-truths.com/death.htm

AN ENCOURAGING THOUGHT ABOUT DEATH

aqrinc

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 01:22:45 PM »

Judy,

You overcome by Resting in the Finished Work Of Jesus Christ; not by anything from you.
but by His Grace Through His Faith Freely Given to you. Renewing your mind; learn truth;
unlearn the programming you brought out with you.

(KJV)

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

(CLV)Eph

2:8 For in grace, through faith, are you saved, and this is not out of you; it is God's approach present,
Eph 2:9 not of works, lest anyone should be boasting."
Eph 2:10 For His achievement are we, being created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God makes ready beforehand, that we should be walking in them."

judith collier

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 06:33:48 PM »

Thanks everyone but I really don't care anymore. There's a ressurrection and when it happens, well, whatever. It's not up to me anyway, I'll just continue living for now. I have my memories of loved ones and I keep them close to me so as long as I live they are with me and that is all that matters for now. Judy

aqrinc

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 06:52:04 PM »

Judy

Before you go; look at and read these Scripture.

John: 6: 63-68

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Joh 6:64  But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
Joh 6:65  And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
Joh 6:66  From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
Joh 6:67  Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
Joh 6:68  Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

cjwood

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 09:11:07 PM »

Thanks everyone but I really don't care anymore. There's a ressurrection and when it happens, well, whatever. It's not up to me anyway, I'll just continue living for now. I have my memories of loved ones and I keep them close to me so as long as I live they are with me and that is all that matters for now. Judy

dear judy,
please do not be discouraged. it is a very hard thing to learn that what we have believed for most of our lives regarding life after death is a myth, a fairy tale that helps us feel good thinking that our loved ones who have passed are with the Lord. i pray you might read the paper of ray's which patrick gave the link to regarding death. i lost my father unexpectedly 4 yrs ago and at that time i had not heard of the bible-truths website, so i had no spiritual understanding of the true state of the dead. i have recently discussed with my mother the Truth from the scriptures that those that are dead are asleep with no thought, no pain or suffering, no worries, etc. she so wants to hold on to her belief, taught at the baptist church she attends, that believers who die are with God in heaven. this cannot be so. if they are in heaven already it means they have already stood before God to be judged and held accountable for their life. in the Day of the Lord, when Christ is revealed, ALL saints will be raised, and any saints still living when Christ is revealed will be changed. i have been reading through the paper ray wrote, as God gave him insight, regarding revealing the truths of the (secret) rapture. there is so much i am learning that God is showing me regarding the whole resurrection matter. if you are still wanting to know the truths from God's holy scriptures i exhort you to read through that teaching. it is very long, so i just read a little bit each evening.

regarding what you said about your loved ones (that have passed away), and your holding onto their memories keeping them close to you and as long as you live they are with you, that is the truth. i and most others on this forum have lost loved ones, and we keep memories of the close to our hearts, and as long as we live we will most likely continue to do so. when our times then comes to die, we too will be a close kept memory of some other loved ones. but, please, please stay open to learning the truth about where our deceased loved ones are. if you truly don't care anymore, you are no longer teachable.

love in Christ,
claudia
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.