bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Myths and Endless Genealogies  (Read 13195 times)

daywalker

Re: Myths and Endless Genealogies
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 10:24:36 PM »

Hello,

I used to love listening to people's opinions and 'debating' topics; now I seek the SCRIPTURES. If someone claims something to be "Truth", I say show me a Scripture, then I will believe...

The biggest Truth that I am just now really understanding is that God created this world for us, and everything that we experience [good or bad] is for us; our understanding, our learning, our rebuking, our growing in faith and becoming the Sons and Daughters of GOD.--II Corinthians 6:18

God's Word isn't for Him to 'prove that He exists'; He could have left us ALL 'in the dark'. But He graciously gave us His Word so that WE [Especially WE that BELIEVE] can understand what His Plan is. IT'S FOR US!

Amos 3:7: Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.

God's Judgment, likewise, is FOR US! It is not so God can unleash His Almighty Wrath on us evil beings, it is so we can LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS. --Isaiah 26:9, Habakkuk 2:14

IT'S ALL OF GOD, AND IT'S ALL FOR US!

Daywalker.

aqrinc

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 10:31:01 PM »

Daywalker,

You must be reading in secret now ;D, at the risk of being overjoyed by your post Yes.

george. :) ;D

judith collier

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 04:45:53 AM »

I thought our faith was counted for rightiousness.And I thought we were under grace and not the law. With the law there can be judgement but without the law there is none. Judy

aqrinc

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 03:45:42 PM »

Hi Judy,

The Faith imputed to us in Christ Jesus is counted for Righteousness; that does not
do away with Judgement (Setting Right).

Below is the answer from Ray's:

Judgement by Fire Must begin at the House Of God.

Excerpt from: http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html

GOD’S TWO AREAS AND ERAS OF JUDGMENT

Before God brings a final judgment on the entirety of the world, He must first perform another judgment on another group of people. This judgment is going on right now. The world is totally unaware of this judgment, although it has been going on for two thousand years. It is happening behind the scenes. Only a relative few are participating in this judgment by fire, and they are all volunteers!

We know for a fact that there is coming a WORLDWIDE judgment on mankind, for Scripture has stated such:

"Because He hath appointed A DAY, in which He will JUDGE THE WORLD [Greek" inhabited earth] in righteousness..." (Acts 17:31).

Most have at least heard of this judgment even if they have no solid understanding of what it is all about or its primary purpose. We will have a great deal to say about this judgment later. But first we will take a look at another judgment almost universally unknown in the world of Christendom. It is a judgment that involves believers, NOW!

Peter, who was given many keys to the kingdom, introduces this judgment to us:

"Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For   the TIME IS COME that JUDGMENT MUST BEGIN AT THE HOUSE OF GOD..." (I Pet. 4:16-17).

What do you know about this judgment on the house of God. Do you know anything specific? Well, don’t feel too badly, most people don’t. Apparently theologians and clergymen don’t know too much either, seeing that it is not a popular subject to teach. If they had even a superficial understanding of God’s judgments on the house of God, they wouldn’t interpret the great white throne and the lake of fire as some hideous act of divine eternal terrorism. These two judgments have much in common.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just what is this human life on earth for, anyway? -- Why are we here? -- What is our purpose? -- What is God’s purpose for the Christian?

As children we are taught that Christian people live; they die; their souls go to heaven. Bad people live; they die; their souls go to hell. Live, die, go to heaven or live, die, go to hell.

So I guess this earth is a giant "soul factory." But the truth is that Christian souls do not go to heaven at death, neither do wicked souls go to hell at death. Contrary to all Christian belief, the Bible reveals (as does elementary science), that dead people are DEAD. What a revelation! That’s right, boys and girls, living people are "ALIVE" and dead people are "DEAD." This is not rocket science!

If ALL the dead are either alive in hell or alive in heaven, who, pray tell, is God going to resurrect back to life from the dead when He returns to judge the world in righteousness? How can the dead be living in heaven or hell when they haven’t as yet been judged as to where they should be living in the first place?

THE BELIEVER’S JUDGMENT BY FIRE

Well, yes, it does appear that there is a judgment on the house of God, but certainly not a judgment by FIRE, is there? Doesn’t God judge non-believers with fire, but not believers? This only sounds strange to you if you have never been taught the Scriptures.

"Beloved, think it NOT STRANGE concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some STRANGE thing happened unto you" (I Pet. 4:12).

george. :)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 03:46:59 PM by aqr »

judith collier

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 03:50:33 AM »

George, just finished reading about judgement, (the place you sent me, LOF series) Wow is that long if one is studying! Everyone will like this, as I was reading I SENSED GRACE, that CAN"T DESCRIBE EXACTLY THING but I felt it in my soul. And then further on I read, JUDGEMENT is CHASTENING and GRACE IS TEACHING. Well, NO WONDER!!!!!  I hope everybody reads because it BLEW ME AWAY!!!!! Thanks a lot George, only this time I am not being sarcastic!!!! JUDY

aqrinc

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 06:48:33 PM »

Judy,

All IS OF GOD'S, HE HAS enabled you to see the Truth of The Scriptures. Now you
can understand why Judgement is necessary for All, and that Grace is Teaching This
very thing to you. Praise and Glory To GOD And Our Lord Jesus Christ; you now have
reason to Believe as do we. Remember now; leave the old wine behind and drink daily
of the new wine. Do not try to mix them up, that is the surest way to go back to where
you have been called out of. The Scriptures are directly addressing why we need to
not ever go back to where we are dragged from.

Luk 5:37 
And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles,
and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.

Luk 5:38 
But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

Luk 5:39 
No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

george. ;D

Marky Mark

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 11:14:59 AM »

George,with all this talk of new wine, man, I'm getting mighty thirsty for a spiritual refill right now. ;D

Peace...   Mark
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 17 queries.