bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaving The Rudiments  (Read 5818 times)

aqrinc

Leaving The Rudiments
« on: January 26, 2009, 01:07:23 AM »

It is warm and cozy where i am sitting; comfortable with knowing that All Will Be Saved in
their course. Why is it that just when i have it figured out, ??? GOD Has to come up with
Scriptures like Hebrews; all my (LIB) i thought do good go to heaven. Now i find that doing
good has been defined in a whole different way of thinking and doing. It is evident that LAB
brings it own set of rules; and they are nothing like what is taught in the world.

Having written that; the Scriptures below at least map an outline of GOD'S Expectation for
me as a Believer (Follower/Imitator) Of My Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ.

My question to anyone who can contribute; how should one be following this directive in
daily living.
???

Heb 6: 1-20 (CLV)

1- Wherefore, leaving the word dealing with the rudiments of Christ, we should be brought on to maturity, (not again disrupting the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith on God,
2- of the teaching of baptizings, besides the imposition of hands, and the resurrection of the dead, and of judgment eonian)."
3- And this will we be doing, that is, if God may be permitting."
4- For it is impossible for those once enlightened, besides tasting the celestial gratuity and becoming partakers of holy spirit,
5- and tasting the ideal declaration of God, besides the powerful deeds of the impending eon,
6- and falling aside, to be renewing them again to repentance while crucifying for themselves the Son of God again and holding Him up to infamy."
7- For land which is drinking the shower coming often on it, and bringing forth herbage fit for those because of whom it is being farmed also, is partaking of blessing from God;"
8- yet, bringing forth thorns and star thistles, it is disqualified and near a curse, whose consummation is burning."
9- Yet we are persuaded of better things concerning you, beloved, and those which have to do with salvation, even if we are speaking thus."
10- For God is not unjust, to be forgetting your work and the love which you display for His name when you serve the saints, and are serving."
11- Now we are yearning for each one of you to be displaying the same diligence toward the assurance of the expectation until the consummation,
12- that you may not be becoming dull. Now be imitators of those who through faith and patience are enjoying the allotment of the promises.
13- For God, promising Abraham, since He had no one greater to swear by, swears by Himself,
14- saying, "If, in sooth, it is blessing, I shall be blessing you, and multiplying, I shall be multiplying you!"
15- And thus, being patient, he happened on the promise."
16- For men are swearing by a greater, and to them an oath for confirmation is an end of all contradiction,
17- in which God, intending more superabundantly to exhibit to the enjoyers of the allotment of the promise the immutability of His counsel, interposes with an oath,
18- that by two immutable matters, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we may have a strong consolation, who are fleeing for refuge to lay hold of the expectation lying before us,
19- which we have as an anchor of the soul, both secure and confirmed, and entering into the interior beyond the curtain,
20- where the Forerunner, Jesus, entered for our sakes, becoming Chief Priest according to the order of Melchizedek for the eon."

george. ???

« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 08:26:01 PM by aqr »

1eyebri

Re: Leaving The Rudiments
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 03:42:25 AM »

These scriptures you have posted led me to 2Peter 1:3-11.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 12:19:28 PM »

Hi George,

I see Paul as saying that we can discuss the fundamentals of salvation all day long, but to be spiritually mature we must apply these things into our everyday life. 

Heb 6:10-God is always fair. He will remember how you helped his people in the past and how you are still helping them. You belong to God, and he won't forget the love you have shown his people.

I feel it is of the utmost importance how we treat other people, in all situations.  Of course it is important to show love in all it's manifestations to our family.  But we must also be aware of all those we come in contact with on a daily bases and not just go around oblivious to those in need around us. 

I just feel people are so much more important than things.  If you are watching something on TV, do you tell your child to hush?  If you are in a hurry at the check out counter are you rude to the cashier for taking too long?  Does the car driving too slow down the highway get you aggravated?  Just a few things that came to mind that I have had to work on in my own life.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 12:40:27 PM »

Hi 1eyebri,

First Welcome to the forum. ;D

Great Scriptures for your first post. This is the type of information we as Believers need
to know and remember; when asked about The Faith and Calling Of Jesus Christ.

2nd Peter: 1: 3-11 (CEV)

2Pe 1:3  We have everything we need to live a life that pleases God. It was all given to us by God's own power, when we learned that he had invited us to share in his wonderful goodness.
2Pe 1:4  God made great and marvelous promises, so that his nature would become part of us. Then we could escape our evil desires and the corrupt influences of this world.
2Pe 1:5  Do your best to improve your faith. You can do this by adding goodness, understanding,
2Pe 1:6  self-control, patience, devotion to God,
2Pe 1:7  concern for others, and love.
2Pe 1:8  If you keep growing in this way, it will show that what you know about our Lord Jesus Christ has made your lives useful and meaningful.
2Pe 1:9  But if you don't grow, you are like someone who is nearsighted or blind, and you have forgotten that your past sins are forgiven.
2Pe 1:10  My friends, you must do all you can to show that God has really chosen and selected you. If you keep on doing this, you won't stumble and fall.
2Pe 1:11  Then our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will give you a glorious welcome into his kingdom that will last forever (eonian).

Kat,

You are so right on about the little things; i must confess that the one that i still battle
is the traffic lines. Funny you should bring that up, have you been driving in front of me ???.

Seriously though; people are the most important After GOD. This entire trial of several Ages
is designed to perfect people for Adoption and Assimilation into Our Creator's Family.

george. ;D

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 04:43:36 PM »

Its 1st birthday for this post, so i thought a bump up is good.

Thank you Guest who was reading this today. Yes i still stand with everything written here, well not as much driving now, since i am working from home, so no traffic lines to heat me up.

george 8).

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 08:25:39 PM »

This scripture comes to mind, looking at this post. And I see no better example than our Lord, and Savior, Jesus the Christ.
Micah 6: 8
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good: and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.
Joel  :)

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 09:55:37 PM »

I agree, with you Kat. People, are important.  I am learning to have patience while in Dr. offices. Not easy, that is for sure. Also, learning patience with my 89 year old Mother. When, I feel impatient, I remind myself of all the good care and love she gave me.

God created all of us humans. If, we are to let our light shine we have to treat others as we like to be treated. There are so many things to deal with in life. God wants more than words. He wants actions.

Great Post.

In His Love,
Marlene
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:57:38 PM by Marlene »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 06:57:57 PM »

Hey George,
Pick any SPIRITUAL directive, instruction, order, command, edict, law, statute, rule, regulation, teaching or decree and no flesh can follow it in daily living much less in a heartbeat or blink of an eye. :)  :D

Jas 2:10  For whoever shall keep the whole Law and yet offend in one point, he is GUILTY of all.

Only the Spirit of God can change our hearts and minds causing us to be conformed to His Image when we shall be inspired, established and caused to keep, see and follow Perfection that is Christ's,  Perfect, Whole,  Spiritual Way, Truth and Light.

All are guilty of sin and all shall reach salvation through judgement.

Happy birhtday.... :)

Arc
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 07:04:55 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.