bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone heard of this?  (Read 11133 times)

lferretj

Re: Has anyone heard of this?
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 02:19:19 PM »

Thanks again for all your comments.
   George: Your comment made me giggle a little because my friend said she was so interested she would probably bug me so much that I would have to tell her to stop asking questions. I don't think I could ever tell her not to search out the truth.  The funny thing is I thought going into it she would totally reject it but the Lord works in mysterious ways and if He opens her eyes to see, what a blessing to be used by God.  As for trying to convert her, that was never my intention--I only wanted her to know where I would be coming from if she ever asked for advice from me, it would feel like a lie to me if she asked a spiritual question assuming the answer would be based on her(my old) beliefs.
  Daywalker and Steve: I've read some of Ray's "reviews" also and also don't find their arguments very convincing or accurate.  As for my friend I'm hoping she is not a "dog" or "pig,"  I'm sure I'll find out how willing she is to learn as we communicate more.

As for now she is visiting family for a week, so she says she won't be able to get back with me till she gets back.  I'll be sure to keep everyone posted and hopefully she will join this family soon and ask us all her questions herself.  That is my prayer.

Liesha

smeacham

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »

Quote from: lferretj

I think she got scared away from using the site because of some reviews she read about Ray. 

Mat 13:19  When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path.

Steve

I read a few of those so-called "reviews" about Ray online. They're exactly like the many stupid emails he receives. Nothing but slanderous comments, with absolutely NOTHING whatsoever against him. Not even a single Scriptural Argument against any of his teachings.
- Daywalker

Not only Ray's detractors, but the teachers of the false doctrines, too.  I tend to oscillate between "amused" and "disgusted" on their writings.  I am getting better at being "amused" because I used to be just like them, and still would be, but for God's grace.  For example, I did a review of several online "proofs" of free-will last week.  They all made exactly the same mistakes that I used to make.  They either don't read all the words, or they imagine words that aren't there.

Steve

daywalker

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 05:29:52 PM »

....  Daywalker and Steve: I've read some of Ray's "reviews" also and also don't find their arguments very convincing or accurate.  As for my friend I'm hoping she is not a "dog" or "pig,"  I'm sure I'll find out how willing she is to learn as we communicate more.

As for now she is visiting family for a week, so she says she won't be able to get back with me till she gets back.  I'll be sure to keep everyone posted and hopefully she will join this family soon and ask us all her questions herself.  That is my prayer.

Liesha

Hey Liesha,

The fact that she's at least willing to communicate with you on these subjects tells me she's not. Usually, these type of people just simply refuse to even discuss it, instead they just turn to slander, and call you a "heretic" without even bothering to check the Scriptures for themselves.

Once your eyes and ears are opened, everything starts to become so simple, and it can be frustrating when you try to share it with people, because you expect them to "get it" as you did. I'll keep you and your friend in prayer. Hopefully, if God is willing, He will open her eyes and ears, as He has done for us.  ;D

- Daywalker.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.