bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zechariah 13:7-9  (Read 3934 times)

First Fruit

Zechariah 13:7-9
« on: January 27, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »

Anyone have any insight on Zechariah 13:7-9? 

Verse 8 reads, "And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein." 

Is "the third" referring to the firstfruits of many brethren?  And the other "two parts shall be cut off and die" is this referring to a spiritual death, lack understanding, eyes but can not see?

Which age is this scripture referring to?  It seems like the last earth age but all isn't all expected to be saved during that cycle?   

Revelation Knowledge?

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: Zechariah 13:7-9
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 03:01:26 PM »

Froms Rays: How hard is getting saved
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=3849.0
Please read the whole paper!
Also read LOF part 1 as this talks about the symbolism in scripture.

Excerpt from the transcrpit:
All these things take a lifetime.  We’re going to live "the seals."  A third part of the man died... that’s a third part of the man in us that is going to die, a third part of the carnality.  God works in increments, He wipes out some of the trees and then He burns some of the grass… what is the trees and the grass?  These are all things in us. We have islands, and mountains, and trees, and grass. All of these are belief systems and ideas and doctrines and philosophies of life and all these things. And they are all going to be burned out and broken down and destroyed. All of those seven seals, seven trumpets, seven plagues, they are all things that must happen in our lives.

You say, 'Well I don’t remember any trees being burned down.'  First of all, you won’t even know some of it is happening until it’s over.  Some of you will remember, I have this in my Lake of Fire Series: “And I was in the spirit on the Lord’s Day and I heard a voice BEHIND me as the voice of a trumpet and I turned to see the voice that spoke to me and being turned I saw…”  You won’t see some of these things until they are behind you.  You’re going to have to look behind you to see where you came from, to see where God has been taking you.  Some of us wouldn’t want to live tomorrow if we knew what was coming, you know.  Be thankful that you don’t know everything that’s coming.  Be thankful that you only have to take one day at a time.  You don’t want to know what every day has to hold.  Take it one day at a time as God presents it to you.

And there will come a time, when you can look behind you, as I can, and see where God’s been taking you all these years.  You’ll see it plain as day. I could sit here for hours and tell you all about it.  I can tell you about trees and grass and mountains coming down, I know what it means.  It’s all one, all this stuff.  Are you getting it?  It’s all one thing.  Whether you believe on Christ or enter the door of Christ or call upon the name of Christ or accept His grace through the faith of Christ, it’s all one thing.  It’s all Christ coming to you, living His life in you!

You notice how many things in Revelation are described as “for a times, time and half a time” - “for a year, years, and half a year” - “for a season, seasons, and half a season” - “for 42 months” - "for 1260 days."  How much is 3½ years, 3½ seasons, 1260 days and 42 months?  How much is that?  It’s all the same!  It’s a symbol of something spiritual.  I think I can prove, although it’s not as easy as you might think, that Christ’s ministry lasted 3½ years.  You know how long that is?  42 months - 1260 days...  Why do we have these, why are they in there?  Why is that over and over in there?  Because Christ lived in the flesh in his ministry for 1260 days, 42 months, 3½ years.  He’s going to live that ministry in us!

And that’s why we live these things that take 42 months, 1260 days and 3½ years. And that 3½ years will be His ministry.  Maybe it will take 4½ years to live His ministry in us, maybe it will take 40½ years… it’s a symbol, however long it takes.  And it’s going to go through this generation of believers and then this one, then this one and on and on because Jesus Christ is, was and will be.  He’s not in the past and coming again in the future, He’s here now!  And He was here before and He’ll be there in the future, He is, was and will be!

Well, I’ll end with that.

Scriptural comparisons:
Zec 13:8  And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
Zec 13:9  And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Rev 8:7  The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
Rev 8:8  And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
Rev 8:9  And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
Rev 8:10  And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
Rev 8:11  And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
Rev 8:12  And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
Rev 8:13  And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Rev 9:15  And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
Rev 9:16  And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
Rev 9:17  And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
Rev 9:18  By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.
Rev 9:19  For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.
Rev 9:20  And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
Rev 9:21  Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

From the Lake of Fire part 1
PHYSICAL FIRE VERSUS SPIRITUAL FIREWe are saved by grace through faith (Eph. 2:8). However, that does not purge us from all our filthy thoughts and deeds. No, there is more. There is also a consuming FIRE that God uses on us:

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is JESUS CHRIST. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, WOOD, HAY, STUBBLE; Every man’s work shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed BY FIRE; and the FIRE shall TRY EVERY MAN’S WORK of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be BURNED, he shall SUFFER LOSS; but [pay close attention to this BIG BUT] BUT HE HIMSELF [the one who had his works burned and consumed in God’s consuming fire] SHALL BE SAVED [What will save him?], yet so AS BY FIRE" (I Cor. 3:11-15)!!!

PLEASE read these papers in their entirety!
I can't stress that enough!
I hope this helps you with your understanding

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.