bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Intriguing Verses from the CEV  (Read 5695 times)

daywalker

Two Intriguing Verses from the CEV
« on: January 28, 2009, 05:00:29 PM »

Hello All,

As I was fiddling around with e-Sword, a few verses in the Contemporary English Version stood out to me, and I thought I'd share them with those who may be interested. The first is related to the Creation of Man, and the second is related to 'free' will, many called, many chosen...

Gen 1:26-27:
God said, "Now we will make humans, and they will be like us. We will let them rule the fish, the birds, and all other living creatures." So God created humans to be like himself; he made men and women.

God created humans "to be" like Himself, as opposed to already "created them [past tense] in His Image". This is the first translation, besides the Concordant, that I've read so far, that appears to have 'caught on' to this most amazing, yet 'unknown' Truth!

John 6:44:
No one can come to me, unless the Father who sent me makes them want to come. But if they do come, I will raise them to life on the last day.

Although, the Greek literal meaning "drags" them is much more profound, I found this very interesting as many 'Christians' love to say that, "God does not make anyone do anything"... Oh Really?

If you don't know, now you know.

- Daywalker.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 05:01:44 PM by daywalker »

judith collier

Re: Two Intriguing Verses from the CEV
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 05:22:52 PM »

Hi, I have always replied to the monkey business people that God made everything after "their own kind"  Judy                           P.S. I am done grieving now.

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 05:57:24 PM »

Hi Christopher,

You are on track with the order of things; just like Ray has been writing about it.
I like CEV for it's simplicity of language, along with CLV, Rotherham's, BBE and BWE.

It takes several translations to get the right word order it seems.

They say GOD, does not WHAT ???. ;D; Good for us that GOD DOES Make us do anything.

Hi Judy,

Good to see you done grieving; Welcome back.

george. :)

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 06:24:22 PM »

Hi Christopher,

You are on track with the order of things; just like Ray has been writing about it.
I like CEV for it's simplicity of language, along with CLV, Rotherham's, BBE and BWE.

It takes several translations to get the right word order it seems.

They say GOD, does not WHAT ???. ;D; Good for us that GOD DOES Make us do anything.

Hi Judy,

Good to see you done grieving; Welcome back.

Yea, I got the Rotherham's a few weeks ago, I love it! I can't til my next paycheck so I can start buying all the Concordant Translations [I hope they put it all together some day soon...]

Anyway, e-Sword is a big help in comparing translations. It's too bad it doesn't have the CLT or Rotherham's though.. [at least I haven't found any add-ons]

- Daywalker.

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 07:00:45 PM »

Check your yahoo email in a couple minutes.

Ps. Oops, that was CLV. Rotherham's is on Sword Project: http://www.crosswire.org/index.jsp

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 07:05:21 PM by aqr »

daywalker

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 09:47:14 PM »

Check your yahoo email in a couple minutes.

Ps. Oops, that was CLV. Rotherham's is on Sword Project: http://www.crosswire.org/index.jsp

You're awesome george!  8)

thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.