bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DID JESUS CHRIST DO AWAY WITH THE LAW OF THE LORD  (Read 6315 times)

malachi12

DID JESUS CHRIST DO AWAY WITH THE LAW OF THE LORD
« on: June 01, 2006, 02:31:50 AM »

DID JESUS CHRIST DO AWAY WITH THE LAW OF THE LORD?
MATT 5:17,
ROM 7:12,
MATT 19:16-17,
ROM 7:7,14,
MATT 5:18-19,
PSM 78:5-7,
ROM 2:13,
MATT 23:23,
ST. JOHN 14:21,
MARK 7:8-9,
1ST JOHN 2:3-4,
MARK 7:13,
1ST JOHN 2:5,
ISA 2:2-3.

eutychus

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 08:06:21 AM »

he fullfilled it.

what is the law of the "LORD" ???

Psa 147:15 He sendeth forth (((his)) commandment [upon] earth: his word runneth very swiftly.

1Jo 3:23 And this((( is))) his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Jhn 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

peace
chuck

eutychus

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 08:11:47 AM »

ps:

13Thus you nullify the ((word of God)) by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that

((word of god))

Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

so just what do they nullify???? or make none effect???

Rom 4:14 For if they which are of the law [be] heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

Gal 3:17 And this I say, [that] the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they [are] not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness [come] by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

peace
chuckt

malachi12

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 11:14:57 AM »

Understood, but you still have to keep the laws to put ourselves in order, unless you are filled with the Holy Spirit, which is like 1 percent out of the Chrisitan population.

Steve Crook

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 11:19:31 AM »

Quote from: malachi12
Understood, but you still have to keep the laws to put ourselves in order, unless you are filled with the Holy Spirit, which is like 1 percent out of the Chrisitan population.

(Gal 3:24)  Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

(Gal 3:25)  But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

(Gal 3:26)  For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

(Gal 3:27)  For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

(Gal 3:28)  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

(Gal 3:29)  And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

eutychus

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 11:30:23 AM »

MAL,

put us in order? do you have any scripture?

im gonna tell you, and this is from the bottom of my heart.

i spent 15 yrs "trying to obey"

when the commandment of LOVE came, BAM, thats what changed me

please hear dear  one:

one more thing.PLEASE READ.
Christs commandments are NOT the ten commandments.

1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1Jo 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This((((( is the commandment)))))), That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should(((((( walk in it.))))

what do we walk in?????

Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

we dont walk after the 10 commandments, we would fail everytime.

i so much want to impart this to you all. it is TRUE.
love
chuck

rocky

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 11:33:46 AM »

Quote from: eutychus

MAL,

put us in order? do you have any scripture?

im gonna tell you, and this is from the bottom of my heart.

i spent 15 yrs "trying to obey"

when the commandment of LOVE came, BAM, thats what changed me

please hear dear  one:

one more thing.PLEASE READ.
Christs commandments are NOT the ten commandments.

1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1Jo 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This((((( is the commandment)))))), That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should(((((( walk in it.))))

what do we walk in?????

Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

we dont walk after the 10 commandments, we would fail everytime.

i so much want to impart this to you all. it is TRUE.
love
chuck

And Chuck, those 15 years were not in waste, they did there job; they administered death, so

LOVE could move in.  

So hard for me to see that we can't shortcut the process.  I so badly want to in my life and others lives; but God says my way.

malachi12

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 11:38:32 AM »

Well, this world is full of wickedness. How can we be filled with the Holy Spirit when SOME CHURCHES give us confusions. Such as Sunday worships, Christmas, Thanks Giving, Loving America and agree with gentrification on innocent people. I feel sorry for these church goers who don't read the bible, who eat swine or pork thinking it;s okay as long you go to church or you have been SAVED (It's impossible for us to be saved when the Messiah Jesus has not come yet ).

eutychus

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 11:42:53 AM »

[And Chuck, those 15 years were not in waste, they did there job; they administered death, so

LOVE could move in.  

So hard for me to see that we can't shortcut the process.  I so badly want to in my life and others lives; but God says my way.
[/quote]

Hey Rocky,

Yes by no means do i dispare over those years at all, i thank Christ  for ALL
things,

it amazes me , i always wonderd , "how am i gonna change"

and it was HIM who changed me, therfore NO boasting on my part :wink:
WOOOOHOOOO.

there is only one thing that consrains us from sin:

2 witnesses;
Job 32:18 For I am full of matter, the spirit within me constraineth me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2Cr 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

love
and grace to you Rocky, and all here
euty, AKA chuckt

eutychus

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 11:48:38 AM »

Well, this world is full of wickedness. How can we be filled with the Holy Spirit when SOME CHURCHES give us confusions. Such as Sunday worships, Christmas, Thanks Giving, Loving America and agree with gentrification on innocent people. I feel sorry for these church goers who don't read the bible, who eat swine or pork thinking it;s okay as long you go to church or you have been SAVED (It's impossible for us to be saved when the Messiah Jesus has not come yet ).

Mal,

it all depends on what you are looking at.

is there evil? yes, but guess what, there could be alot more evil.

God is in total control, everything is going according to HIS plan.

be a partaker in CHRIST.

Heb 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

1Pe 4:13
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

gene

Re: DID JESUS CHRIST DO AWAY WITH THE LAW OF THE LORD
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 11:29:49 PM »

I HAVE READ SOME OF THE ANSWERS TO THE QUESTION OF JESUS DOING AWAY WITH THE LAW OF THE LORD, GOD'S COMMANDMENTS. IF YOU OBEY THE NEW COMMANDMENTS THAT JESUS GAVE  YOU WOULD BE HONORING THE OTHER LAWS OF THE LORD IN THAT YOU WOULD NOT DO THOSE THINGS THAT ARE AGAINST THE COMMANDMENTS IF YOU LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. AND IF YOU LOVE GOD WITH YOUR WHOLE HEART AND YOUR WHOLE MIND YOU WOULD NOT HAVE A CARNAL MIND TO DO THOSE THINGS THAT ARE NOT GODLY. JESUS EVEN SAID THAT IF YOU LOVE GOD YOU WOULD KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS THIS WILL SHOW HOW YOU LOVE GOD.

angie

Re: DID JESUS CHRIST DO AWAY WITH THE LAW OF THE LORD
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 03:19:02 AM »

Hi,

Well, this world is full of wickedness. How can we be filled with the Holy Spirit when SOME CHURCHES give us confusions. Such as Sunday worships, Christmas, Thanks Giving, Loving America and agree with gentrification on innocent people.

I would suggest that All churches built with hands give us confusions with false doctrines -No exceptions, They have their role to play too in God's plan. You still hold Saturday as the Sabbath?

gentrify   
verb [T often passive] DISAPPROVING
to change a place from being a poor area to a richer one, by people of a higher social class moving to live there.

Who are these innocent people you say have had gentrification foisted onto them?

I feel sorry for these church goers who don't read the bible who eat swine or pork thinking it;s okay as long you go to church or you have been SAVED,

You also seem to have missed a bit...

Mar 7:15  There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

(It's impossible for us to be saved when the Messiah Jesus has not come yet ).

So tell me please who was the Jesus that came if it wasn't the Messiah?

2Ti 3:15  And that from a child thou hast known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise,  unto
salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

1Th 5:9   For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain, salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

It would appear from your words that you are of the belief that the torah/OT is the authority [law] that you must live by. If that is a wrong assumption on my part, perhaps you could expand a bit on your previous statements as quoted?

May God bless you

Angie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.