bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New here  (Read 7973 times)

croatankid

New here
« on: January 31, 2009, 11:57:08 PM »

hello everyone!  i've been coming here for a while and reading and researching.  i've read many of rays' articles.  i was saved and baptised about two years ago.  i've read a lot and learned a lot but still, i know so little.  it seems that no matter how much i learn, it 's still only a drop in the bucket.  i'm not very intelligent but i'm above average.  i'm frustrated with the complexity of everything biblical.  it seems every post, response, and article just goes on and on.  i wanted to learn about the church,  so i started reading, at first the subject was like seeing a cloud in the distance.  but, as i read and read and read, the closer i got to the cloud, the more vague and less distinct it became.  before long i was past the cloud and  i never did get an answer that i can get my mind around.  are there no short answers?

charrie

Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 12:46:33 AM »

hello everyone!  i've been coming here for a while and reading and researching.  i've read many of rays' articles.  i was saved and baptised about two years ago.  i've read a lot and learned a lot but still, i know so little.  it seems that no matter how much i learn, it 's still only a drop in the bucket.  i'm not very intelligent but i'm above average.  i'm frustrated with the complexity of everything biblical.  it seems every post, response, and article just goes on and on.  i wanted to learn about the church,  so i started reading, at first the subject was like seeing a cloud in the distance.  but, as i read and read and read, the closer i got to the cloud, the more vague and less distinct it became.  before long i was past the cloud and  i never did get an answer that i can get my mind around.  are there no short answers?

Welcome to the BT, Croatankid, for Dallas, Tx

I am new here as well...but what I have learned so far (being of less intelligence as well) is that there are mature, learned, patient sisters and brothers here who, by The Father's grace, will help guide and are willing to help us in our learning. 

Charrie :-*

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 02:00:46 AM »

Hi croatankid,

Welcome to the forum; settle in and read a bit. It is not easy; but with
a little perseverance and Prayer it will start making sense quickly.

george :)

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 07:05:08 AM »

Welcome to the forum croatankid  :)

And no, there are no short answers...faith, grace, belief are gifts from God and He bestows them as He sees fit. If He has started a work in you, He will finish it. Hang tight...  :)

Marques

jrs

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 12:07:22 PM »

Just be patient.  It takes time.  Just keep focused on our Lord.

Beloved

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 12:42:17 PM »

welcome croatan kid

Rom 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

There is no elevator to success. You got to take the stairs

There is some good news,some of the people here can  share their homework with you sometimes

If you want short anwers .....you need to ask straight forward questions.

The more the question is embroiled in other beliefs..... the more time it takes to untangle the question.

Most people have no idea of how much work Ray has already done for you in his writings

beloved

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 01:12:55 PM by Beloved »

iris

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 01:36:52 PM »

Hi Croatankid,

Welcome to the forum!

Iris

Marky Mark

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 02:41:13 PM »

Welcome Kid ,

Hang in there, read and study Brother Rays material,don't lose sight of the objective and our Father will open your eyes and ears to some Spiritual enlightenment that makes one want to learn more and more. Praise our Almighty Father,Amen ;D

Peace...   Mark

Kat

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 05:19:46 PM »

I'm glad you have joined us here  :)

at first the subject was like seeing a cloud in the distance.  but, as i read and read and read, the closer i got to the cloud, the more vague and less distinct it became.  before long i was past the cloud and  i never did get an answer that i can get my mind around.

That is an interesting analogy you gave there.  We get so bogged down in the physical, that when we finally get to the spiritual there has to be a lot of time spend cleansing of the carnality first, so we can begin to see the spiritual.  It is a slow process, you need to spend a good deal of time studying Scripture and BT to develop a foundation of knowledge.  So keep reading and you will come to a point where you begin to see some of the puzzle pieces come together.

Here are some other things that are here at the forum that may help in your studies.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

cherokee

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 09:05:50 PM »

Hey Croatankid and welcome to the forum.

Suzie

Linny

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 09:24:03 PM »

Welcome Croatankid! You will be just fine. Take a deep breath. I'll tell you this, I have been studying God's Word for over 18 years. Know what I've learned? That I will NEVER know it all. The more I learn, the more He shows me how much more I need to learn.  :-\

And heck, I had to UNLEARN so much now that I've found BT! But that was His plan also.

At least you have the advantage of coming into it fresh and new!
He'll walk you through it little by little and He'll give you the truths He knows you're ready for as you go. As it unfolds before you, you will see how magnificent a God we serve that He can be so complex but yet so in touch with each of us.

So no, there aren't any short answers as they are all so tied together spiritually and we happen to be stuck in the flesh for the time being! ;)

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Blessings,
Lin

smeacham

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 10:48:11 PM »

Welcome!

Steve

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 02:48:15 AM »

hi croatankid,
good to have you here. don't despair over that cloud. the only short answers i can come up with after studying ray's teachings for the past 3 1/2yrs. is, there are many called but few chosen, Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL the world, and God is Love.

another sister in Christ,
claudia from austin, tx.

Heidi

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 05:31:55 AM »

A very warm welcome to you....I that God will use this forum as a tool in your life so that you may start to know what riches and blessings their are in the Word of God.  Seek God diligently, push into His Word and He is faithful to reveal the mysteries of the kingdom to you.

Job 8:5
 “If you would seek God
And implore the compassion of the Almighty,
6 If you are pure and upright,
Surely now He would rouse Himself for you
And restore your righteous estate.

Heidi

Falconn003

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 06:43:27 AM »

Croatankid,

Welcome to the forum!

Rodger

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 12:35:34 PM »

The Bible describes it this way...line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little.  Synapses fire, connections are made, understanding grows, and many times we have to back up and re-think, unlearn, go at it again.  ALL of us have been there...most of us still are there--me included.  The bible is way more than a religious rule-book...it's God's revelation about Himself, all of creation, the meaning of life.  No small stuff, right?

I hope you can feel comfortable in asking a question.  Maybe somebody here can give you a small nudge towards the truth in a way you can grasp it.  It just won't likely be me.   :D

Keep cjwood's basic truths in your mind.  And hang in there.  It's God's will that you know Him, and He'll make it right in good time.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

croatankid

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 11:58:21 PM »

thanks to all of you for the warm welcome and kind encouragement.

judith collier

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 04:26:38 AM »

Hi croatankid, my mind was spinning a few times here. In fact I was surprised my head wasn't too. Sometimes you just want someone to knock it into you but there are moments when one person will say something in just a way that you get it and the lightbulbs will come on. Be patient with yourself. Judy

rockrdude

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 09:35:06 AM »

Welcome, croatankid.. I'm new here too. This is a great place to be. I hope you love it here.  :)

Marlene

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 12:27:33 AM »

Welcome Croatankid, I have been here for a few months now. I would not leave for the world. Finally, a place to lear the Truths of God. What peace and contenment I have found in my life since reading Ray's articles and fellowship with people of like mind.

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.