bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Back  (Read 8371 times)

SandyFla

I'm Back
« on: February 01, 2009, 05:03:59 PM »

Hello, everyone! I know I've been gone for awhile, but there's lots of stuff that's happened since I was here last. As some of you know, my parents were robbed last May. Well, since then, my dad passed away due to the stress of what happened. The trial is March 2, and the creep isn't facing manslaughter charges because the hospital shows that he died of respiratory/heart failure, not citing what CAUSED his problem. He will only be charged with grand theft auto and possible attempted rape. Needless to say, I have lots of anger over all this, but I am glad to be back.

Sandy

Ninny

Re: I'm Back
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 05:08:48 PM »

Sandy,
I've joined the forum since you left, but i wanted to say I'm sorry for everything you've gone through and I'm glad you're back here!
Kathy :)

judith collier

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 05:59:29 PM »

Hi Sandy, so sorry for you and your mother. How terrible for your father. Take heart and know you are not alone. Judy

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 06:23:24 PM »

Hi Sandy,

Welcome back, my condolences to you and Family on the death of your Dad. You know that GOD IS
IN CONTROL OF ALL so no need for your anger to stay beyond the immediate pain of loss. He Will
Avenge in course; so rest in that knowledge.

Isa 63:4  
For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

Rom 12:19 
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written,
Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

george. :)

SandyFla

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 07:41:12 PM »

Thank you all. I know God is in control, and He has a reason for allowing this to happen, but it's not easy to live with. Sometimes I want to forgive the guy because that's what God commands us to do. Then other times ... well ... Forgiving feels like I'm saying what he did is OK, and it's not. I also know that God is shaping me the way He wants me to be. Like Jesus wished for "this cup to pass from me," I wish the same. But I guess for now the cup is necessary.

Sandy

Vangie

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 09:03:03 PM »

Sandy,
I'm so sorry for what you're having to go through.  My prayers are with you and your mom as you deal with your loss and wrestle with the anger you're feeling.  You will forgive him when God means for you to.  Try to rest.

I'm glad you've returned to your spiritual family!  It's great to have another animal lover back.  (There are some cute links about kitties we've had come across lately.  Will share when I find them again!)

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 11:20:42 PM »

Sandy, I have only been on for a few months. I am sorry to hear about your loss. I believe, time heals. But, no one can say how long it takes another to grieve and forgiven. Will keep you and your Mother in my prayers.

In His Love,
Marlene

smeacham

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 11:23:57 PM »

Hi Sandy,

I'm fairly new here, too.  May God surprise you with blessings you haven't even imagined yet.

Steve

charrie

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 12:34:47 AM »

Hi, Sandy

I am new here, as well.  But, glad to have you back and may our Father through His Spirit comfort you in your season of hurt.

Charrie :-*

gmik

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 12:35:20 AM »

Oh Sandy, I am so sorry for what you have gone thru!!!  My goodness, I can't even imagine How this creep will get let off-surely someone will connect the dots and see that he is responsible for your dad's death!!!  How is your mom coping???  How are you doing job wise?? Any new kitties??? So glad to hear from you but so sorry under these circumstances. I am in agreement w/ Steve-may God have some surprises in store for you and your mom!!!

Love ya sis, one of the oldies still lurking about, gena

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 04:23:55 AM »

Hi Sandy! A warm welcome back and God bless you! Thank you for sharing your trials with us. Hearing about what you've gone through sure makes my daily 'troubles' seem like nothing! I think you want in your heart to forgive, but these things take time I guess. Jesus Christ will win this battle for you. Cast your worries on Him, He is faithful and will see you through. Take your time Sandy, just remember, He understands you and He will not let you go! God bless you, Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

cherokee

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 10:20:28 AM »

Hey Sandy,

Just wanted to welcome you back and let you know you are not alone in what you have gone through. I went through almost the same thing with my Dad last year. He was also robbed (by family members) and beat on. He admitted they carried things out but would not admit to them hitting on him due to his pride. He ended up in the hospital and past away a couple months later. We spent the summer settling his estate. Through it all I knew I had to stay focused on the Lord so I could endure. I knew the Lord would help me make it as He had helped me through a trail much worse. Keep you eyes on the Lord and you too will make it.

Love and Peace to you,
Suzie   

SandyFla

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 05:46:50 PM »

Gena,
My mom is doing fairly well. She is in very poor health, and with her weak heart, she couldn't be put on the stand and cross-examined. Her cardiologist should be able to get her out of that. AFA my job, I'm working as a CNA at a hospital. I still have my kitty Twinkles, who's 17 years old. I thought about getting another one, but I'll let her last few years be just for HER.

Suzie,
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, and I can't imagine what it's like knowing your own relatives had a hand in his death. At least the creep that broke into my parents' place is a stranger. Is your mom still alive? If so, how is she doing?

God bless,
Sandy

OBrenda

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 05:49:43 PM »

Welcome back Sandy,

I admire the strength God has placed in you, to not lose all hope and trust in him.
The struggle with forgiveness is evidence that you have been graced with more than some,
who humanly understandable, fall into unbelief when dealing with such evil.

God Bless You,
Brenda

cherokee

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 10:39:26 PM »

No Sandy my Mom is nolonger living. She passed away in 1999. I don't think it would have happened had she still been here. We all towed the mark around her.

Suzie 

britt

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 04:41:51 AM »

Dear Sandy,

I am very sorry to hear of this. I am going to agree with aqr and say that you should leave room for god's judgement. Even though you are angry and have every right to be, you could just look at this as an opportunity to convey god's forgiveness to others. God is aware of everything that is going on in your life, and often allows tradgedy into our lives because they are an essential steps in the process of making us more like him. In some of my trials, I just looked at them like they were a test, learned from them, and kept chugging along in life.

Humbly,

SandyFla

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 07:57:01 PM »

I still have my kitty Twinkles, who's 17 years old. I thought about getting another one, but I'll let her last few years be just for HER.

UPDATE: We lost little Twinkles on February 24. Her spine was completely degenerated, she had fluid around her heart and a large mass inside her chest that was crushing her organs and lungs. There was nothing they could do for her. When I took her to the vet, I thought they were going to give me an update on what the mass was. I had no plan to put her down that day, but that's what happened. She was tired, and her breathing was labored. It broke my heart to lose her, as she was my first kitty.

The other day I went to the same shelter where I adopted Twinkles and Bethany, and found another kitty to love. She is gray with a little bit of white around her mouth. She loves to be held and cuddled, and she has many of Twinkles' and Bethany's traits. She will be 5 years old in May, and was in a small compartment in a corner of the shelter because she doesn't like other cats. It broke my heart to see her there. She has graced our home with love and joy, so I named her Gracie. "The Lord taketh away, and the Lord giveth." He took my Twink and Beth, and "graced" my life with little Gracie.

Sandy

gmik

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 12:14:52 AM »

Oh Sandy, I am sad and happy!  Thanks for sharing w/ us. :-*
luv ya,
sis Gena

Roy Martin

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 09:19:35 AM »

Hello Sandy,
  I'm getting in a little late on this post but you have my sympathy with your losses.
When my mother was murdered in cold blood when I was 13, the person that did it walked up to her 2 blocks from the police station in broad daylight and stabbed her to death right on the street.
The so called Justice system gave the person 6 years in prison for manslaughter, not murder. It wasn't self defense or anything like that. It was cold blooded murder.
 Dont be at all surprised at the evil in the so called justice system, its just the way it is.

Peace
Roy M

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 03:52:43 AM »

Hey sandy, just wanted to welcome you back like everyone else.

Boy i thought i had it rough lately... i'm so sorry to hear about everything. Though I'm sure you've heard that to many times now. I don't know if it can ever be to much so forgive me if it is.

All i can do is echo the thoughts of others and the wisdom that has been shared. Your situation is in the best hands possible. Our Lord. He will get you through this.

With love,

Alex

P.S. Congratz on gracie! :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 03:54:15 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.