bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello everyone.. I'm new here!  (Read 9990 times)

rockrdude

Hello everyone.. I'm new here!
« on: February 01, 2009, 07:16:12 PM »

Hi.. My name is Jonathan, and after reading Ray's teachings for about 4 years or so, I finally decided to sign on so I could say Hi and get to know some of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Like many of you, I have been dragged out of the institutional church system (11 years ago or so) and have walked a very interesting path since then. Little did I know God was using all of my trials to purge all kinds of the world's teachings and doctrines from me while replacing them with truth and freedom. I've gone from death to life!

It was so shocking to find Ray's site about 4 years ago. I was online seeking an old article about tithing by a brother in Christ who apparently took some significant heat for writing it. I couldn't find it anywhere online anymore, but I ran into Ray's article instead. I was relieved that Ray's presentation was just as good if not better.. and for sure it was of the same Spirit. That caused me to 'park' on his website and read everything I could. For the first time, I didn't feel like a spiritual fruitcake. It was a relief and a joy to find out the things the Lord was teaching me and leading me through were actually scriptural and that I wasn't the hellbound freak other 'Christians' were assuming I had become.

Now, I am very much in need of other believers who have seen the truth and who are part of the Body of Christ, His true church.

I can't say I do a good job of fitting in anywhere, and for sure this path God has me on has cost me many friends (pretty much all of my Christian ones), family relationships, and even has me a bit of an outsider in my own home. I'd LOVE to have a friend to talk to, listen to music with.. you know.. a friend!

But.. I wouldn't go back to the way things used to be or my old ways for anything. It would be a dog returning to its vomit. I am continually amazed at the things I used to believe, and I am equally amazed at how much more wonderful God is to me now that He has shown me just how forgiving and loving He truly is! I thought it was amazing that when I realized Jesus is truly the Savior of the world, I wanted to walk with Him and draw much closer to him even more instead of saying "Hey.. this means I can go sin more".

So, God has changed me big-time. I can't say this life is always a fun ride, but for sure it's the one God has chosen for me. I'm on His potter's wheel, and apparently I'm not getting off until he has made me into the image He wants me to be. Fine with me!

I guess I should tell you a little about myself. I'm 46 year old and I am married. I moved my family to a very small town in northern Iowa last summer where I will likely grow old, and I sell music CDs and records online for a living (this may soon change, depending on what the Lord would have me do next). I have 9 children including one who didn't make it to birth, a few who are grown (one already married), plus teenagers, a preschooler, a toddler, and a baby on the way who is due April 9th or so. Children are great! I'm trying to collect the whole set.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and fellowship with you, and hopefully my family will give me the time to pop in here regularly. :)

EKnight

Re: Hello everyone.. I'm new here!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 07:55:19 PM »

Wow, that's quite the family you have going.  I didn't think people had big families anymore.  I wish God had given me the patience for more children.  I fantasized about about way more than three but it is what it is. 

I am often surprised by the many new posters who have stated that they had been reading for years before posting.  It's a better start that way I think.

Anyway, welcome to the forum finally!!   :) :)

Eileen

cherokee

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 09:01:38 PM »

Hey Jonathan and welcome to the forum.

Suzie

charrie

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 09:09:44 PM »

Welcome, Jonathan

9 children!!  That is truely "old school"!!  Welcome from Dallas, TX

Charrie :-*

Linny

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 09:13:15 PM »

Welcome Jonathan! I would LOVE to have such a collection of kiddos. Just love them! You are so blessed.
I know lots of big families, it is common in the homeschooling world. Spent the evening recently with a family who has 13!
Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Blessings, Lin

charrie

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 09:34:10 PM »

WoW!! 13!!  ::) ::) I am in my 40's and I just didn't think people thought that way in this day.  My aunt had 10!

Yes, Jonathan, Father bless you! and Father bless those that have the patience.

Psa 127:3  Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

Charrie :-*

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »

Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum membership, glad to see you surfaced finally. We need a
grizzled vet like you on here as much as possible. I have 8 sibs, my wife has 11, ???
we do know what large families are, food fight anyone. ;D

george. ;D

smeacham

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 10:44:12 PM »

What an awesome testimony.  I can't wait to hear more!

I can relate a bit on the family perspective, too.  I have an 18 year old, an 8 year old, and a 4 month old.  So ours are spread out too.  We also lost one along the way - Rachel, who would be 12.

Steve

rockrdude

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 12:45:22 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome!  :)

My family has always felt small to me. I've never had more than 4 children at home at the same time. They've been very spread out, and we had a gap of 13 years between the last teenager and the new bunch. (We'll be back up to 4 at home when the baby arrives in April, God willing.)

When we moved to Iowa, we came from very far northern Minnesota. We were the 'small' family there. We had friends with a family with 17 children (they were featured on the TLC show "Kids By The Dozen"), and another family with 11 children. There were a LOT of homeschooling families there, many of them quite large.

I'll try to jump in and post when time permits. I'm not one to teach or even attempt to do so, and I am simply awful at remembering where verses are in the Bible.. even with e-Sword. I can rarely find anything. It's amazing I can even find Genesis 1:1 sometimes. LOL!

I'm more of a learning sponge. ;) 

Bible Truths is most certainly my refuge for good teaching and research, and Ray's writings help me remember to look at the words and see what is truly being said. I also try to look at the situation surrounding the words when it makes sense to do so. I still feel like I miss more than I see most of the time when I'm in the Word. It might be due to my age, or maybe because there is almost always a teenager or small child needing me for something.  ;D

I will say this: I have never stumbled into another teacher whose writings have been a real confirmation and continuation of everything God had ever showed me and taught me up until that point. And I most certainly appreciate the fact that Ray backs everything up with loads of Scripture and yet manages to keep everything easy to read and understand.

So, I am looking forward to getting to know many of you in the coming days. You guys are like family to me, even though I just now joined the forums. :)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 02:44:42 AM »

hey jonathan,
welcome to the forum family. glad to see you came into the Living room after standing out in the hall for 4 yrs. "trying to collect the whole set"  :D. loved that statement. i have one daughter. guess that's all that God thought i could handle. she is 29 now and i am hoping to have a little grandchild before long. i love children. i will pray that God continues to guide you into His Truths and that you can be a light for all your family to see. and i will pray for your wife too. i imagine she too can use all the help she can get.

again, welcome to your other family.

claudia in austin, tx.

Heidi

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 05:40:44 AM »

Jonathan, welcome to the forum....I sincerely hope that you start posting so that we may have the pleasure of getting to you.....so don't be shy now  ;D

Heidi from good old New Zealand!

Falconn003

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 06:44:12 AM »

Jonathan

Welcome !

Rodger

jg

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 09:33:31 AM »

Welcome Johnathan! 

I look forward to getting to know you.  In West Virginia here btw.  Again, Welcome!
Joe

mharrell08

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 10:38:49 AM »

Welcome to the forum Johnathan and hope to hear more from you soon.  :)

Marques

Marky Mark

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »

Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum,like you I lingered for some time before joining the forum. I guess I'm not that much of a talker, or typist,but I try. :)

Peace...   Mark

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 12:10:48 PM »

Hi.  I'm glad you've been led to mingle with us here.  Lots of things in your post I relate to...the 'sponge' comment in particular.  When I first encountered B-T, part of it was confirmation, part was completely new and never before considered, and part was repentance and a change of mind.  The more I dig, the more that theme seems to keep playing.

I don't have any kids, so maybe that helps even things out a bit.   ;D

There's a good number of music-fans aboard too.

I hope we can continue to fellowship when you can get away for a few.  Nice to meet you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 12:41:13 PM »

Hi Jonathan,

I'm glad you have decided to introduce yourself and join in the fellowship we have here  :) 
Your family sounds great, in size and what it offers to you as you stated, "because there is almost always a teenager or small child needing me for something."  It's good to be needed. 

I hope we can be the fellowship that you need.  It is so nice to have easy contact with all these like minded people, so we can share and grow together in this journey that God has put us on.

Here are links to some things we have here that you might like to check out.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

iris

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 06:27:18 PM »

Hey Jonathan, welcome to the forum!

Iris

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 02:30:04 AM »

Hello Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum. It's going to be very exciting to see what role we all will play in the near future. Scripture states that the harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. I wonder if God is gathering most of the laborers here...hmmmm? Again, welcome to the family.

Charles

judith collier

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 04:19:40 AM »

Hi rockrdude, I am fairly new and these guys are great and patient. Always nice to meet someone with the same experiences. Judy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.