bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You Ray  (Read 4500 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Thank You Ray
« on: February 02, 2009, 09:38:08 PM »

Mr. Smith,just a brief note to let you know how much I have enjoyed your web site. I will turn 70 this year,and since birth I have been steeped in the doctrine of,either the church of God or assembly of God. I began to study the WORD in my pre-teens and listened intently to all who spoke from the pulpit as well as all my bible study and sunday school teachers. I enrolled in courses at The School of Ministerial Studies( an off shoot of one of the churches I was attending in my teen years) and finished with high marks which led me to believe I was truly called to do His work. As I continued in my studies as well as listening to the preachers I began to realize that what I was reading did not always conform to what I was hearing. I started to visit other churches of my faith and then to churches of diff erent denominations,at this time I was still in my teens and felt I had no right,b ecause of my youth,to question these learned and scholarly men,I sat in silence and prayed that God would reveal his mysteries to me. At 17 I enlisted in the U.S.A.F. and for 4 years put my studies on hold while I explored a world totally new to me.Back home after my discharge I met a girl and after a very brief relationship we wed(this was 48 years ago) and we are still on our honeymoon.For the next 43 years we attended several churches and enjoyed most of them. We paid tithes, donated to building funds,general offerings,love offerings and various and sundry other offerings. Still I was bothered that what I had,in my youth and the time since,was NOT what I was hearing from the pulpit. I retired in 2003 and with my free time I have thrown my self back into my studies with gusto I have acquired a small library of study aids and really enjoy my time with Gods word,still the nagging remained and every on e I turned to told me the same thing. DO NOT READ INTO THE WORD WHAT GOD DID NOT INTEND TO BE THERE. Then one day I was doing some research on my computer and quite be accident came upon your web site. I have been praising God since that day for leading me to you,I found on your site, all the things I only believed I was reading before, appearing in print. I spend hours daily pouring over and absorbing every thing you have to say,especially your rebuttals, finally someone with the courage and conviction to bring the TRUE LIGHT into the world and to do what I was so afraid to do before.All I do,for now, is read,pray and thank God for the opportunity to advance my knowledge of His TRUE WORD and not just what is crammed down our throats by modern Christendom. I will end (my brief note) for now and get back to the studies at hand,looking to chat with you again soon. until then I remain your brother in Christ,Our true and glorious savour!!    Ken.

Dear Ken: Thank you for your email and comments. I am glad that God has been showing the truth independent of the Christian Churches.  It takes courage to make a stand against their unscriptural heresy.
    May God be with you,
    Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.