bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I need your prayer if you have time, thank you  (Read 8801 times)

zander

I need your prayer if you have time, thank you
« on: June 01, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »

Hi crew.

Please, if you have time and you remember, pray for me and my girlfriend, Claire.  Things have been very tough between us recently and i dont want to lose her.  Pray that i wont lose her as my girlfriend, but nevertheless what is predestined.

Thanks guys.  Will update you with progress

shibboleth

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 01:08:17 PM »

As the Lord brings you to my heart, I will pray for you and your girlfriend. You must love her very much because you mention her often in your posts. I was hoping things would work out for you two and there might be a marriage in this for you. But, God's ways are not always our ways.

zander

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 01:21:01 PM »

Sure Shib, i understand.

SandyFla

Re: I need your prayer if you have time, thank you
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 01:23:10 PM »

Hi, Zander. I will keep you in my prayers.

Perhaps God will keep you two together, but if He doesn't, it's because He has something better for you. A man I loved once told me that--probably as a brush off--but he was right. Today I'm glad we didn't get together.

Becky

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 01:30:24 PM »

I'm praying for you Zander!  Hope God uses this as a strengthening tool for you!  God's will be done is a goooood thing!

zander

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 01:31:20 PM »

I understand.  I really do.  Trust me.  HAd this been a few years ago i would have found the whole thing much more difficult to deal with.  But as i know its all predestined, there is nothing i can do.  Its a "thorn in my side" for sure, but my understanding of God now gives me the strenth to deal with this to an extent which i would never had had before.  Nevertheless, i do love her v.much.  Ive known her for 4 years and we are so close. But i told her that if we split, i wouldnt even be friends with her.  I couldnt.  I would have to move on.  All that effort over the years.  :cry:

gmik

I need prayer
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 08:41:30 PM »

Yes. Zander, I will pray for you.  I do hope everything works out for the best.  Four years is a long time. Does she believe as you do???  Believe me, that is so wonderful to have a mate to share this with.  It is easy to say Trust the Lord.  But I know how difficult it will be.  My husband and I broke up before we got married.  I was sad, but my mantra was "God has someone better, God has someone better.......".  I can still remember how painful it was. You will be big on my heart during this time.

orion77

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 12:58:41 AM »

I hear ya, Zander.

I have been with the same woman for 27 years, but she is ready to leave over the faith God has given me.  I keep telling her, that there is no choice between her and God, but she is in the Baptist belief, so she just cannot understand.

The choice is not up to me, it is up to her.  I will not compromise the faith God has given me.  She has been getting alot of pressure from family members around here, since I don't align with their faith.  They are very strong believers in hellfire.

Not sure if your situation is simular, but I understand.  I love her very much, always have and always will, but my love for God is first.  I can not see myself going back to church, listening to sermons of hellfire, just to please her.

My prayer is that your situation is not the same.  Yet, young love can be even stronger.

God bless,

Gary

zander

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 06:46:22 AM »

Hi guys.  Thanks millions for your prayers and encouragement.  It means a lot to me.  Trust me when i say i pray for all of you too when you post

Claire doesnt deny the existence of God and went to Church for a while before she went travelling 2 years ago.  She doesnt go to Church anymore.  Thats not to say she wont go back.  She has always hinted that she might.  Shes not really a die hard religious job.  So we havent "fallen out" over Church doctrines.  But Gary, i feel for you, in your situation with your wife.  I will pray for you too.

Its basically down to her not knowing if she can see me as a boyfriend or a friend.  Her explanations are confusing.  She tells me she loves me, but i dont know if she is IN love with me.  Probably not.  Its a long story.  She was verbally abused in her last relationship and it affected her a lot.  It made her quite cold.  Not badly cold, but recently its got so bad that i dont know if i can carry on with someone who is like that.  I need physical as well as emotional relationship.  Will keep you all posted for sure.

SandyFla

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 01:16:06 PM »

Quote from: zander
She was verbally abused in her last relationship and it affected her a lot.  It made her quite cold.  Not badly cold, but recently its got so bad that i dont know if i can carry on with someone who is like that.  I need physical as well as emotional relationship.  Will keep you all posted for sure.

Verbal abuse is a hard thing to get over.

The first guy I ever dated did the same thing to me. Nothing I did, said, or wore was good enough, and I was always "stupid." Actually, my IQ is above average, but for some reason I was "stupid" enough to stick with him, though not "stupid" enough to marry him. At the time, I overlooked it because I'd never been out with anyone else, so I just assumed that that's the way all men are. Still, it left me with a deep-seated hatred for men in general.

(How I met that guy is a really weird story. It was borderline supernatural. If anyone is interested, e-mail me.)

Even today if I watch a TV program and some man mistreats his girlfriend/wife, those terrible feelings of absolute hatred come back. Which is why I've pretty much stopped watching Lifetime movies.  :lol:

Claire may never get over what he did to her. Only God can heal those scars. As for mine, it was 25 years ago and I'm still waiting ...

Becky

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 01:46:15 PM »

any kind of abuse leaves such an imprint... i have had many scars left by my sister.(physically and emotionally).... it is so difficult to be in any relationship (friend or intimate) when that kind of history is in your past.  I only know that though those scars may still be with you(her), you have to try and be available to be hurt again.... otherwise you're not living ...
sorry just a side note.... i hope you guys can work out what needs worked out... with time and patience....!
love becky!

zander

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 01:40:39 PM »

Thankyo Bobby.  means a lot to me.  i dont know of anyone that has ever prayed for me, really, so i thank you guys loads.  I know what will be will be.  Youre lucky you have someone so solid.  Finding the right girl is the most difficult part of any blokes life

zander

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 06:59:28 AM »

Thank you guys.  You are very encouraging

Anyway the update is that we have now parted.  She wants to remain friends, but as much as i love her very much, i cant do that.  Not right now.  And not in a long time.

I have wondered if its worth praying for something like this.  I mean, God does have one hell of a sense of humour. :?

mercie

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 09:36:19 AM »

Thank you guys.  You are very encouraging

Anyway the update is that we have now parted.  She wants to remain friends, but as much as i love her very much, i cant do that.  Not right now.  And not in a long time.

I have wondered if its worth praying for something like this.  I mean, God does have one hell of a sense of humour. :?

Zander

Your days are still young  with much of Life in front of you and time is a great healer .

Good that you remain friends rather than depart as enemies.

Every Blessing

zander

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 10:15:58 AM »

We are no longer friends.  I cant be friends with someone am in love with.

Becky

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »

that is usually the best way to go about it.... to break all ties... becuase it hurts so much to be "friends" when the past is on your mind...

you're still in my prayers.  Be strong!!

Love,
Becky

JJ

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 01:45:53 PM »

Hang in there, Zander.  My heart goes out to you!  We have a young friend that got dumped after 1 1/2 yr. engagement, only 2 months before
wedding. He's really hurting.  God is sovereign, no mistakes made, but so hard to understand all that when your heart is breaking or you are angry.  Try to believe that God has something even better planned for your future!   Praying that God will comfort your broken heart and meet your
needs.   Take care!  
JJ

zander

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 02:33:12 PM »

Thank you guys, thank you Bobby.  Some of the experiences that have been written here have given me great food for thought.  

God bless you all

Sorin

Re: I need your prayer if you have time, thank you
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 01:18:56 AM »

Quote from: Zander
We are no longer friends. I cant be friends with someone am in love with.

Well Zander I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Sorry man. I'll pray that God's will be done in your life, and who knows, He might even have someone better lined up.

Sorin

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 01:24:10 AM »

Finding the right girl is the most difficult part of any blokes life

you speak truth. i'm still seeking myself.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 17 queries.