bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Take Time To Listen  (Read 4488 times)

aqrinc

Take Time To Listen
« on: February 05, 2009, 12:44:59 AM »

A friend sent this to my wife; after reading it i thought, yes it is worth sharing.
Many out in the World do want to know what we know, and some of them come
here pretty banged up. We need to look past the words they type many times
in order to see what they are trying to say.

Many of us have tasted The Meat of The Scriptures and love its filling nature. Most
of those who are coming out, or in most cases are dragged out of their comfortable
(Church/Babylon); do not have any idea what meat taste like. They have to adapt
then adopt; this can only be done with our help if we have;

Love and Patience just like Jesus Christ our Lord.

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too
fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and
slowed down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared .
Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and backed the
Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown.

The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against
a parked car shouting, "What was that all about and who are you? Just what the heck are you doing?
That's a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?"
The young boy was apologetic. "Please, mister...please, I'm sorry but I didn't know what else to do,"
He pleaded. "I threw the brick because no one else would stop..." With tears dripping down his face
and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car. "It's my brother, "he said.

"He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up."

Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, "Would you please help me get him back into
his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me."

Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly
lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out a linen handkerchief and dabbed
at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything was going to be okay. "Thank you
and may God bless you," the grateful child told the stranger. Too shook up for words, the man simply
watched the boy! push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home.

It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but the driver never
bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message: "Don't
go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention!" God whispers
in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw
a brick at us. It's our choice to listen or not.

Thought for the Day:

If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.

If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.

He sends you flowers every spring.

He sends you a sunrise every morning Face it, friend - He is crazy about you!

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow,sun without rain, but
He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

Read the line below very slowly and let it sink in...

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

george ;D .

Marlene

Re: Take Time To Listen
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 01:04:31 AM »

Amen George! Everyday I learn new things. I am sure there is more things to come throughout my entire life. Yes, we should always remember others may not be where we are at. But, God loves them just like all who know more. He claims us and we are his. Nice to know how Great a God we have. Tonight my Mother went to our front door and saw a falling star. It is rare to see that in town with all the lights. Makes me think of when my husband and I spent about 14 days in his Uncles mountain house in AZ. We took sleeping bags out and laid there and watched the most beautiful meteorite shower I have ever seen. God gave us the light show of our life. Now, since coming here he has shined his light on me. I may not be where some are in here with there walk, but I do see him with open eyes now. Great, God who does not need a Hell to control us. He knows every star that will fall, He knows when we fall. We should always uplift others and try and understand.

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 01:09:59 AM »

thanks for sharing that one george. nothing like a brick up the side of the head (if you don't happen to have a jag) to get your attention. i could build a house with the bricks thrown at me. i loved the thoughts for the day too, especially the one "if God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it". priceless... :D

claudia

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 05:49:44 PM »

Great post george!

I've had so many *spiritual* bricks cast at me over the past year, my *spiritual* hospital bill has gone through the roof!  :D But it's a good thing my Physician knows exactly what He's doing...

- Daywalker

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 06:40:01 PM »

What an uplifting post George! Just great!

Marlene,...I don't know if it's me but it seems since your surgery your writing and sharing of your faith has taken on more depth!  :)

Daywalker & Claudia....I need good medical insurance also!  ;D  ;)

britt

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 11:57:46 PM »

Thanks for this post,

I get one of these bricks aside the head at least once a week. :D The thing that would scare me the most is if I stopped getting hit. :o  Thank god for his persistence and his persuit of my life :)

Britt

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 02:07:05 AM »

Hi Guys,

It's Bricks or Burning (purging) in The LOF; hit me with the bricks all day. :o

george. ;D  ::)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 02:19:44 AM by aqr »

judith collier

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 05:52:04 AM »

You give God glory Marlene. Bless you. Judy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.