bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Body Parts in Scripture  (Read 5956 times)

Becky

Body Parts in Scripture
« on: June 01, 2006, 05:55:01 PM »

I liked the idea of studying body parts and what they signify in scripture... so here we gooooo....

DANIEL SAID THIS:

Heres a right hand  

Isaiah 63:12 That led them by the "right hand" of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

If your right hand causes you to sin?

1Cr 15:56 The power of sin IS the law  

Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith:

Mathew 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee  for it is "profitable for thee" that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Paul speaks of the law "in his members" (that is, "in" the flesh)

Dainel

Daniel

Body Parts in Scripture
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 07:26:32 PM »

Becky:lol:

That was just "in part" and in reference to a covenant.

Gees the scriptures are filled with references, I might get back to this later after collecting them, I didn't think you were serious :lol:

Becky can't we just call it the body of death?

Daniel :lol:

Lightseeker

Body Parts in Scripture
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 09:06:52 PM »

Becky,

Here's my nickel.  :lol:

EPH 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

The loins are the part of man which contain two organs.  One organ is for reproduction and the other organ is for elimination.  We want to reproduce that which is truth and we want to eliminate that which is false.

The feet are symbolic of our walk.  We want to walk in peace

Daniel

Body Parts in Scripture
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 09:52:48 PM »

Quote from: Lightseeker
Becky,

Here's my nickel.  :lol:

EPH 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

The loins are the part of man which contain two organs.  One organ is for reproduction and the other organ is for elimination.  We want to reproduce that which is truth and we want to eliminate that which is false.

The feet are symbolic of our walk.  We want to walk in peace

Amen, I will add onto lightseekers :lol:

1Peter 1:13Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind[/u], be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

May our walk be SOBER(lowly of mind) and not HIGHMINDED (DRUNK) :lol:

Glad I could run off yours good stuff :lol:

Daniel

lilitalienboi16

Body Parts in Scripture
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 11:41:17 PM »

This is really interesting stuff..

I'm gonna make a jump here and anyone tell me if this is any bit accurate or completely false.

I was thinking sinec the law came from Moses's RIGHT HAND, and Jesus Christ trandsends the law, and we abide in Him in spirit and Grace going on passed the Law then this is also parrelles to Jesus Ascending into Heaven, Passing through Death to life, and sitting at the RIGHT HAND of the Father.

Anyone get what im trying to say? lol

This is definatly a cool topic
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 17 queries.