bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Symbolism within the sanctuary service.  (Read 5523 times)

Harry

Symbolism within the sanctuary service.
« on: February 07, 2009, 05:39:29 PM »

Hi everyone,

I had a thought cross my mind and wondered if any of you guy's could help.  I was thinking about the Day of Atonement service and how all the sins of Israel were placed on the scapegoat and how the scapegoat was led out into the wilderness so that it could not find it's way back to the camp...it made me wonder how this will translate out for Satan in the actual fulfilment of this event. If anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate them....Thanx

Harry

Marky Mark

Re: Symbolism within the sanctuary service.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 07:17:01 PM »

Hi everyone,

I had a thought cross my mind and wondered if any of you guy's could help.  I was thinking about the Day of Atonement service and how all the sins of Israel were placed on the scapegoat and how the scapegoat was led out into the wilderness so that it could not find it's way back to the camp...it made me wonder how this will translate out for Satan in the actual fulfilment of this event. If anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate them....Thanx

Harry

Hello Harry,

Here is a post on said subject,remember, nothing physical can make one Spiritual.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7556.0.html

Peace...   Mark

Harry

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 07:48:53 PM »

Thanx Marky Mark,

I read the thread that you sent me to. I found it very interesting. Didn't really come to a solid conclusion...but lots of interesting ideas.  I will say that the last post supported the understanding that I had been taught regardding the scape goat...Devil being bound for the millenium.

Harry

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 08:00:43 PM »

Harry didn't you read the end of the book  ;D ;D ;D

(Rev 20:1)  And I saw a messenger coming down out of the heaven, having the key of the abyss, and a great chain over his hand,

(Rev 20:2)  and he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, who is Devil and Adversary, and did bind him a thousand years,

(Rev 20:3)  and he cast him to the abyss, and did shut him up, and put a seal upon him, that he may not lead astray the nations any more, till the thousand years may be finished; and after these it behoveth him to be loosed a little time.

This sounds like you are trying to discuss Andrew Jukes type thinking, Ray takes is the whole Bible is a parable this is all symbolic. I do not think you can even begin to discuss this without a total understanding of the entire ritual.

But the scriptures says one goat dies and the other one is sent into the wilderness.  It sound like the few and the many.  Two women were in the field one was taken and one left.  I cannot give you a synopsis on this and Ray has not exactly discussed the specifics of the ritual but as far as how it will play out for satan ....like Ray says...it does not exactly tell us what happens after the LOF. But God is Good.

beloved
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 09:38:22 PM by Beloved »

Harry

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 08:09:34 PM »

Amen...Thank you Beloved,  I was just curious about exactly what you alluded to.  What does this symbolize for the final outcome for Satan.  The realization that Satan is really only just doing his job ( what he was made to do) in all of this.. really throws a monkey wrench into conventional thinking. Nice to see that you guys were kind of wondering the same thing. If our Father wants us to know then we will know....in his time

Harry

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 08:30:16 PM »

Hi Harry,

You have had several thoughts you expressed on the forum since first post.
Could you give us some idea of how you think about them when you pose
your questions. You seem to have a lot of knowledge from other teachers,
most of the members here also have or had lots of baggage. What i found
after reading almost every word and page on the forum and website was;
i need to reread then and listen several more times.

I like you inquisitive mind, we are similar in that way; but there is so much
to learn here that it would do you well to start a reading project first. As
you read note questions; keep reading, most times you will find the answer
waiting for you. Something else may also happen; you will have many (Aha
moments) when the Scriptures slap down the carnal thoughts that we all
bring as a part of the baggage from Babylon.

Make no mistake, you are here because you were brought out of Babylon.
Use the time granted to you to learn of Who and What is The Good News
Of The Gospel Of The Kingdom Of The Heavens. I will give you just a couple
Scriptures that may help point the way:

2Pe 3: 9-12 (CLV)

9 The Lord is not tardy as to the promise, as some are deeming tardiness, but is patient because
of you, not intending any to perish, but all to make room for repentance."

10 Now the day of the Lord will be arriving as a thief, in which the heavens shall be passing by with a booming
noise, yet the elements shall be dissolved by combustion, and the earth and the works in it shall be found."

11 At these all, then, dissolving, to what manner of men must you belong in holy behavior and devoutness,

12 hoping for and hurrying the presence of God's day, because of which the heavens, being on fire, will be
dissolved, and the elements decompose by combustion!"

Joh 5:39-47 (MKJV)

39  You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life. And they are the ones witnessing of Me,
40  and you will not come to Me that you might have life.
41  I do not receive honor from men.
42  But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you.
43  I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me. If another shall come in his own name, him you will receive.
44  How can you believe, you who receive honor from one another and do not seek the honor that comes from God only?
45  Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you, Moses, in whom you trust.
46  For if you had believed Moses, you would have believed Me, for he wrote of Me.
47  But if you do not believe his writings, how shall you believe My Words?

george :).

Harry

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 08:56:33 PM »

Thank you George,

I will take your admonition and try to read everything on the two sites.  I know that I need to learn to listen more and talk less.  I should probably try to limit my questioning and comments to real concerns and not to curiosities. I know if I can maintain a humble and teachable attitude the Lord will bless me. He upholds the humble and opposes the proud.

Harry

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 09:47:59 PM »

Harry,

There is a lot of audio in mp3 format as well as a huge work Ray did
at the Conference last year November, here are a couple links:

Ray's Videos: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,13.0.html

Once you start to get some more of the information here, please let us have some
serious discussions about the Spiritual Lessons you get from The Scriptures. I find
that reading other peoples work and answers gives me a greater understanding of
just how much i need to learn just to do the basic work God Would Have us do.

The information is there, we have the access, as we immerse in the Word and gain
a little confidence; The Spirit Of GOD In Christ Jesus Will Teach us things that are
way above any of the carnal thoughts we feel are so important right now.

Remember our Lord Jesus Christ said some things that are key for us to learn:

Mat 11:25 
At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank You, O Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, because
You have hidden these things from the sophisticated and cunning, and revealed them to babes

Joh 5:30 
I can do nothing of My own self. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is just, because I do
not seek My own will, but the will of the Father who has sent Me.

Joh 6:63 
It is the Spirit that makes alive, the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are
spirit and are life.

george  ;D.

Harry

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 11:01:03 AM »

OK OK.... slow it down a little ;D.   Boy.. you guy's really know how to raise the bar on a guy. I know the Lord will get me up to speed soon. I'm looking forward to lots of good fellowship and discussion in the future ;).

Harry

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 11:25:07 AM »

Harry, You have learned the first lesson from this forum!! What is that? It's that there is a LOT MORE to learn!! ;D ;D
You have also been introduced to the second lesson, which is, "don't get me started on that!" Ha! There is a lot of passion here at Bible Truths and sometimes it can overwhelm you. Don't be put off by it, before long YOU will be right there doing it, too! When we start seeing the truth of what is written on the site and applying it to our life the freedom is amazing and it turns you into some kind of machine! If you want an example of that just look at Rodger, Marques, George, Kat, Beloved, etc, etc! I can NOT keep up with them so I just sit here and enjoy their posts and comment.They are way out of my league :D ;)
That's why we need each other here, everyone is at different stages of learning and applying and we learn from each other! SO, enjoy everything and don't be afraid to ask questions, someone will be able to lead you to the answers or at least help you reach the conclusion that, "oh well I guess that isn't really so important right now!"
Looking forward to getting to know you!
Kathy ;D ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.