bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: BT is causing a wedge  (Read 8548 times)

EKnight

Re: BT is causing a wedge
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 12:06:07 AM »

Eileen,

My wife has come right along with me as God takes me down this road of learning and understanding.  However, like your husband, she isn't to fond of Ray.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that my husband was not fond of Ray.  It was our son that said he was a cult, my husband just didn't stand up for me or Ray by telling our son that Ray is not a cult.  He didn't want to escalate the ensuing argument.  I however, wanted him to at least appear to stand united with me in front of our son.  All he had to say was "Jack, I don't think Ray is a cult" or "If I thought Ray was a cult do you think I would allow mom to continue" or anything along those lines.  That to me would have been better than remaining silent just to keep peace.

Eileen

judith collier

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 03:04:52 AM »

Eileen,another here who has walked alone for 45 years,I was so worried about my husband getting saved and not going to hell that I use to bombard Him with God. Then I tried my darndest to be a nice wife and be sweet, well, that didn't work either. I gave up. Then I got darn right mean one day and gave him about 30 years of heartache in one  breath and he finally responded. He said, "So much for your God" I was devasted knowing he had been noticing my behaviour. I went into a deep depression thinking I had let my Lord down. Now, I am just kind to him and leave the rest to God.           And Kat, I know now with my grown children I am a life raft as to teaching my children(when they ask) and my grandchildren. They rarely ask their father anything. This has been lonely but my relationship with the Lord has grown and I don't need my husband's shoulder anymore, kinda sad. Jesus did walk the winepress alone. Judy

Heidi

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 03:15:31 AM »

Eileen.....I am going to add a different perspective on this discussion......all the advise given to you agrees with my spirit and is good.  Our walk is meant to be alone....why?  For every (individual) knee will bow and every (individual) tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.  We need to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.

God tells us..."and the two shall become one"....you and your husband are one flesh in God's eyes, IMO it does not matter whether he defended you or not, unless your son was speaking to you disrespectfully?  We as woman can win our husbands over by not being "dripping" taps, not that I think you are.  You are simply wanting to share with him and possibly finding it frustrating that he is not excited over it as you are.

God is at work in both your lives...."Be still and know that I am God".....in this situation as well.

Heidi
PS I will pray for you and for your husband

judith collier

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 09:18:47 PM »

Heidi, you said something that made me stop and think a bit deeper. I truly never saw my husband and myself as ONE. (never too old to learn) And I didn't truly tell the end of the story probably because I didn't see it until you said what you said and God opened my eyes to something. I was still seeing us as seperate but married.(I knew all about that ONE stuff) but the truth is we HAVE melded into one. Not the kind of love I had always wanted but something different. This is a bit more kind, patient, understanding, fearless, loyal, accepting, and even funny at times, not as critical,much, much more forgiving. I was calling it complacent and surrendered and just thinking two old warriors worn out. But, WORDS are powerful and can be used against ourselves unless we take another look at what we are saying and implanting in the recesses of our puny little brains. THANKS, Judy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 17 queries.