bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leading Verses  (Read 5287 times)

ciy

Leading Verses
« on: June 01, 2006, 08:03:32 PM »

I have a bible study group that I have only touched ever so gently on some of the truths.  I would like to make a move with them so as to bring those willing closer to the true truth.  I believe that the best way is to show them that where the church thinks the bible is talking about the saved and the lost that will burn in hell forever it is actually all talking about there are many called and few chosen.  I always use lists of verses to walk them through like verses on faith, believe, hidden man, tradition, etc.  Do any of you have some verses that you think might be good in letting people read for themselves so that if they can hear it then those verses might walk them into realizing that the bible is talking about the "many called and few chosen"

This may be a reach but I have got to move this group on or leave them behind.  I have got to come completely out of the closet with the truth.  
Thanks.
CIY
God has set a trap for us that the only was to escape is through our carnal mind.

shibboleth

Leading Verses
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 10:47:57 PM »

Is this bible study in your home or a church building? If it's in your home, you should be able to teach anything you want. But, if it's in a denominational church then you'll have some problems.

When I was in a denominational church, I disagreed with many of their doctrines. It wasn't until I left that God showed me the truths I found on BT. Many churches require you to adhere to their doctrine of faith, creeds, catechisms, or confessions before you are able to teach a bible class. I have no idea if this is true in your case, so I find it hard to advise.

Unless these people are chosen or elect, they will just give you scriptures that contradict what you say. Or they won't care. I found most Christians just didn't care what God said in his word. But, maybe your group will have a few who are curious and want to study a litlle more in depth with you.

Before your Bible study just ask God to give you the right scripture and words to present to thes people. He just might want  you to leave this group. I haven't had Bible study, except for one woman on the phone and here, since I left the church system But, I couldn't stand all the false doctrine and lies.

lilitalienboi16

Leading Verses
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 11:38:53 PM »

Shib i can agree with you completely.

When i showed scripture they would tell me

"Well the bible was written for Christians and not for other people who aren't"

I'm like, "Oh really? So the bible isn't for everyone else, Jesus Christ only died for the "christians?"

they give you rediculous answers that don't even make sence if they would jsut stop and listen, then they yell at you, and tell you your taking things out of context, i had a friend who knew nothing of the bible, pretty much nothing. He was christian however and when i told him about Gods love being so power that He will not torture unbelievers or those who havn't heard and that God is gonna save everyone He started telling me the verses i was quoted were out of context, i read to much stuff online from people who twist things, etc...

Eh so i don't know if God wills me to share the truth, then by God i will! If not.. then i won't. Its really up to Him and right now i think the truth is only getting me speared through the chest with a jiant pole by all others who don't have the eyes and ears to hear.

About those verses, sorry id have to look for them, and atm i have a project for school to do, lol.

God bless,

Alex

Daniel

Leading Verses
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 12:02:41 AM »

Ciy

I'd just concentrate on the "leading" or "no leading" from within you. Put your confidence in "that". If your to speak you will feel compelled to, if not you draw a "blank". Obey the "not speaking" as well as "the speaking" by listening to where He resides, "in you". His voice will grow stronger as you get accustomed to knowing His leading.

More often then not, (for me) especially in the beginning, its the refraining from speaking. Trusting in His inner leading even when I had no compelling within me to say anything. This would (at that time) baffle me as to "why"? especially if I had what I thought was "an answer". Walking in the Truth is more then having the answers for someone else. Its listening to Him who is the truth in you. Sometimes silence is even a good confession, good thing thats mentioned huh?

I encourage you to trust Him in you and grow strong in Him that way

Daniel

ciy

Leading Verses
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 01:33:41 AM »

Thanks for replys.  
I have been out of the church for about 2 years.  I have been having several bible studies in my house and others houses.  I have been seeing the truths more and more over the last year.  I held off giving my group the truths until I was more stable in them.  Now I know I need to let the truth out, but this group has been such a good anchor to several of the people that come and I want to try to give them a little bit more than milk maybe a little cereal to get them closer to the meat without just jerking a knot in their neck.  Like Paul said he was a Roman to the Romans, a Jew to the Jews, etc I have tried to move them along, but I guess you are right.  I guess it is time to do a John Chapter 6 and let the ones that hear it stay and let the ones that do not go.  I have several friends that I feel certain will go.  It is difficult but I have to give it to God.
Again thank.
CIY
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.