bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rebuking Satan  (Read 8985 times)

Roy Martin

Rebuking Satan
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:51:52 AM »

Hello Everyone,
Its the newbie again with something that has changed in me as well as many other things since I have been called out of Babylon and been lead to bible truths.
I use to rebuke Satan in every way you can imagine and it seemed like I was doing it constantly,daily. Well it just simply never worked for me.If anything it got worse.I would talk to people about this in the church and they would tell me to just stand my ground and not give up, or something like that or explain how Jesus would use, for it is written, for it is written. It seemed like the more I acknowledged Satan the more he came after me and the closer I got to God the more he came after me. It seems that what worked for Jesus should work for us but it didn't work for me.
Now and after all these years and since I have been called out of Babylon and am seeking truth like never before,I pray different, I mediate different,I see things in myself that I never saw before.I know that God is the one putting these things in me and taking things out and its through temptations that shows me my weakness but now instead of rebuking Satan as he tempts me,I immediately start talking to God and give Him thanks for revealing my weakness to me and to take it away or say," God I need you right now"
Its God that I acknowledge now and not Satan. The temptation goes away immediately now.
  I'm not good at quoting scriptures,but I know how God works in me and through me.I give God the credit for all things.
I hope this is helpful to someone.
Have a beautiful day
Roy Martin 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 09:15:04 AM by Roy Martin »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Rebuking Satan
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:19:25 AM »

Roy, I think you're on to something.  I've been in church services and have heard (and prayed) "prayers" that did more talking to the Devil than they did to the Lord.  Something not quite right about that. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Roy Martin

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:54:18 AM »

Something else just came to me, and I thank God for it.
While we are being tempted whether it be a thought or action or whatever, as there are many,we are also being tested by God,so therefore it is God working in us and not against us.If I acknowledge Satan by rebuking him then I am not recognizing what God is doing in me, and so the tempting and testing goes on and on which keeps me from overcoming, but if I thank God for testing me and showing me the impurities in my heart and to take them away and replace it with something new and pure,Satan flees because I just passed the test and overcame.Not to say it wont happen again, but God strengthens me each time this happens and draws me closer to Him.
These are the things that God shows me when I dwell on Him and seek truth. God has shown many things to me in the 10 years of first crying out to Him but something is very different now from coming out of the church buildings and coming to bible truths and the forum. All of this has come about in the last 2 months.
What a rush as the old stoners use to say.
I'm not trying to teach in this testimony because I'm not a teacher, but I know all too well when God is working in me and I just cant keep it to myself.
Peace
Roy Martin

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 12:19:38 PM »

Roy, I think you're on to something.  I've been in church services and have heard (and prayed) "prayers" that did more talking to the Devil than they did to the Lord.  Something not quite right about that. 

Your right Dave,something is not quite right.
Come out of her My people.

From bible-truths.com
The Lake of Fire - Part X

THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN
http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html

WHERE IS THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN?

The synagogue of Satan is located in the churches—in The Church!

"…you have tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and have found them liars" (Rev. 2:2).

Where did the Ephesians try those false, lying, apostles? In some pagan temple or church down the street, or across town, or in some foreign land? Or maybe in the pagan religion of the Roman occupation? No, in the Church. Jesus Christ says:

"Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write… thou have tried them which say they are apostles [in the church of Ephesus], and are not" (Rev. 2:1a & 2b).

Where did Jesus know these lying apostles? Why, in the Church, of course. Of what consequence would "lying apostles" of some pagan religion be to the churches of God in Asia?

And where did Jesus say the synagogue of Satan is located? Same place—in the Church:

"And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write… I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews [in the Smyrna church], and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan… And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write… I will make them of the synagogue of Satan [in the Philadelphia church], and are not but do lie…" (Rev. 2:8 & 9; 3:7 & 9).

All seven of the churches were well aware of many pagan gods and pagan religions. These seven cities in Asia were filled with MANY PAGAN GODS.

The non-believing Ephesians worshipped Diana, who was associated with Artimis. Smyrna had temples to Apollo, Asclepia, Aphrodite, Cybele, Emperor Tiberius, and Zeus, and maybe most important of all, the Temple of Athena. Pergamum worshiped, Zeus, Olympus, Athena, Dionysus, Asclepius ("The Saviour"), and also the God-Serpent and the God-Bull. Thyatira worshiped the Emperor, Thyatiran, Tyrimnos, and Pallas Athena. Sardis worshiped the goddess Artemis, and both goddesses Artemis and Cybele were commemorated on their local coinage. Philadelphia worshiped the sun god and serpent gods, although Dionysis was their major god. Laodicea worshiped Zeus Azeus and Men Karou.

Were these the false apostles and lying Jews of the synagogue of Satan. Was it the priests of these pagan gods and religions of the seven cities in Asia that God was warning the churches about?

Since when are the priests of paganism called APOSTLES? Since when are the followers of pagan religions and pagan gods called, LYING JEWS? Since when are the temples of Zeus and Athena and Diana called, SYNAGOGUES? No, these false apostles and lying Jews of the synagogue of Satan are in the churches of God.

And isn’t it ironic that in the two congregations that religious chart-makers tell us had NO spiritual flaws whatsoever, we find those residing who are specifically called, lying Jews? No, Smyrna and Philadelphia, down through the centuries, have exactly the same spiritual flaws and heresies as did all of the other five churches of Asia.

THE THRONE OF SATAN THE DEVIL ALSO LOCATED

Now then, as the false apostles, and lying Jews, and synagogue of Satan are all located in the Church, where do you suppose we would find Satan’s throne, and Satan’s dwelling place to be located? Yes, that’s right: In the Church. Here is the Scriptural proof found in the messages to the church at Smyrna and Pergamos:

"Fear none of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison…" (Rev. 2:10).

"I know your works and where you dwell, even where [the same place where] Satan’s seat [Greek: throne] is… were Satan [also] dwells" (Rev. 2:13).

Satan cannot imprison members of the Church unless Satan is in the Church. His throne is in the Church. His dwelling place is in the Church.. His synagogue is in the Church.

And think not that Satan merely makes an occasional visit to the Church. No, Satan is permanently in the Church until God removes him. The Greek word from which the translators give us "dwelleth" in the KJV is kataoideo, and it’s meaning is: "To house permanently" (Strong’s Greek Dictionary, page 136). Satan not only has his false apostles in the Church, and his congregation of unconverted lying Jews in the Church, and his synagogue in the Church, and his very throne in the Church, but Satan himself dwells permanently in the Church.

WHERE IS PERGAMOS TODAY?

Why would God choose the church of Pergamos/Pergamum as a physical type of the spiritual city where Satan really dwells and has his throne? We read this historical account of Pergamum:

"Pergamum, founded no later than 399 BC, became the capital city of the Roman province in Asia giving the traveler the impression of a royal city, the home of authority. Located about 60 miles north of Smyrna and 15 miles from the Aegean Sea, Pergamum was a center of learning, medicine, and religious books. The library, rivaling the Alexandrian library, drew many princes, priests, and scholars. Noted for marble carving, it excelled the other six cities in architectural beauty."

A royal city of authority with maybe the greatest library in the world. A city of learning, medicine, and religion. More excellent than all of the other Six Church Cities. Clearly, this city had all of the physical attributes that would make it suitable for the throne and dwelling place of Satan.

But remember: Revelation is a signified book of symbols that stand for spiritual things. The physical city of Pergamus was only a symbolic representation of something higher, something more profound, something of grand proportions. Satan does not reside or dwell or have his throne and his synagogue in West Asia in a demolished old city name Pergamus? Pergamus mean fortified. It comes from the word purgos (Strong’s #4444, which means "burgh; a tower or castle" page 219). Satan dwells (permanently resides) in the Church. But Satan dwells in a city that is, was, and will be. We will later identify this city described in Rev. 2:13.

This then brings us to Satan’s final and grandest achievement in The Church—the very "DEPTH of Satan." Something more evil and vile than anything ever conceived of by man or demon! But not to worry—for if you have been chosen to understand these things, then you will,

"Come OUT of her My people…" and "He that overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he shall be My SON" (Rev. 18:4, & 21:7).

Peace...   Mark

Kat

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 02:46:06 PM »

Hi Roy,

Yes I does sound like you have the right concept.  This Scripture came to mind.

Eph 4:25  Therefore, putting away lying, "Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor," for we are members of one another.
v. 26  "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath,
v. 27  nor give place to the devil.
v. 28  Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need.
v. 29  Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
v. 30  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
v. 31  Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
v. 32  And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

OBrenda

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 03:23:42 PM »

Jude 1:9
Even the archangel Michael, when he argued with the devil and fought over the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him. Instead, he said, "May the Lord rebuke you!"  Whatever these people do not understand, they slander. Like irrational animals, they are destroyed by the very things they know by instinct.

Hope this helps,
Brenda

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 06:42:33 PM »

The Apostle Peter has a bit to say about Rebuking Dignities (Glories. Just as Michael The Archangel
did not rail at The Devil (Satan). We are warned about speaking when we do not understand.

Then in Acts, where exorcists were attacked by an evil spirit they tried to exorcise.

Act 19:13-16 MKJV

13  And certain from the strolling Jews, exorcists, undertook to name the name of the Lord Jesus
over those having evil spirits, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preaches.

14  And there were seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, who did so.

15  But answering the evil spirit said, Jesus I know, and I comprehend Paul, but who are you?

16  And the man in whom the evil spirit resided leaped on them, and overcoming them he was strong
against them, so that they fled out of the house naked and wounded.

2Pe 2:9-22 MKJV

9  The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptation, and to reserve the unjust for a day of
judgment, to be punished,

10  and especially those who walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise dominion.
They are darers, self-pleasing; not trembling at glories, speaking evil.

11  Where angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reproaching accusation
against them before the Lord.

12  But these, as unreasoning natural brute animals having been born for capture and corruption, speak
evil of the things that they do not understand. And they will utterly perish in their own corruption,

13  being about to receive the wages of unrighteousness, deeming indulgence as pleasure in the
daytime, and reveling in spots and blemishes, feasting along with you in their deceits,

14  having eyes full of adultery and never ceasing from sin, alluring unstable souls, having a heart
exercised with covetousness. They are cursed children

15  who have forsaken the right way and have gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son
of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness,

16  but had reproof of his lawbreaking, a dumb a s s speaking in a man's voice, held back the madness
of the prophet.

17  These are wells without water, clouds driven with a tempest, for whom the blackness of darkness
is reserved forever (The Aion).

18  For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they lure through the lusts of the flesh,
by unbridled lust, the ones who were escaping from those who live in error;

19  promising them liberty, they themselves are the slaves of corruption. For by whom anyone has
been overcome, even to this one he has been enslaved.

20  For if they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the full knowledge of the Lord and
Savior Jesus Christ, and are again entangled, they have been overcome by these, their last things
are worse than the first.

21  For it would have been better for them not to have fully known the way of righteousness,
than fully knowing it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.

22  But the word of the true proverb has happened to them: The dog turning to his own vomit; and,
The washed sow to wallowing in the mire.

george. :)

Heidi

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 03:44:38 AM »

Hello Everyone,
Its the newbie again with something that has changed in me as well as many other things since I have been called out of Babylon and been lead to bible truths.
I use to rebuke Satan in every way you can imagine and it seemed like I was doing it constantly,daily. Well it just simply never worked for me.If anything it got worse.I would talk to people about this in the church and they would tell me to just stand my ground and not give up, or something like that or explain how Jesus would use, for it is written, for it is written. It seemed like the more I acknowledged Satan the more he came after me and the closer I got to God the more he came after me. It seems that what worked for Jesus should work for us but it didn't work for me.
Now and after all these years and since I have been called out of Babylon and am seeking truth like never before,I pray different, I mediate different,I see things in myself that I never saw before. I know that God is the one putting these things in me and taking things out and its through temptations that shows me my weakness but now instead of rebuking Satan as he tempts me,I immediately start talking to God and give Him thanks for revealing my weakness to me and to take it away or say," God I need you right now"Its God that I acknowledge now and not Satan. The temptation goes away immediately now.
  I'm not good at quoting scriptures,but I know how God works in me and through me.I give God the credit for all things.
I hope this is helpful to someone.
Have a beautiful day
Roy Martin 

Thank you for your post Roy Martin....it has opened up my eyes to a lot of things.  Actually it is more than just opening my eyes.....it is spiritually enlightening.  Not God "putting these things in you" as you have put it, because God cannot temp, but rather that in all situations He works it out for the good for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Heidi
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 03:53:38 AM by Heidi »

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 12:09:54 PM »

It is a LOT wiser to give the problem to God and let Him take care of it than screaming at the devil!! Believe me I have done a lot of screaming at the devil!! ;D
My family was going through some rough times several years ago, I was so angry at the devil I actually stood outside of my house and called him out!! I said, "Come on out here you devil, I will fight you right here in the front yard! You will LEAVE my family alone one way or another!!" :o

I think Jesus was probably shaking his head, probably talking to the Father saying, "What is she doing?! Has she forgotten that this is MY fight and not hers??" Oh my gosh! It is a wonder I'm alive to tell the tale! I was just so desperate for it to be over! As maturity has set in I have come to realize that God is greater than ANY old devil in the seen or the unseen realm! :-[ ;D

Here is something I do to show how little satan is compared to God, I NEVER, EVER capitalize devil or satan in any context of use!  If I DO have to write it down it's devil with a "little d" and satan with a "little s" spell check or no spell check!  :P
Kathy :D

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 05:18:29 PM »

Kathy,

Just a word, to show why we need to be respectful of authorities. When in Babylon we were
taught many things that are Un-Scriptural; the verses below tell us how we should act when
we are in Jesus Christ. But for The Grace Of GOD, In Our Lord Christ Jesus; we could be torn
apart by the least of these Powers or Principalities. So we do not rail but Go Through The
Proper Channel: Jesus Christ Who Is Lord Of All.

Ecc 11:5  As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in
the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.

Rom 13:1  Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God:
the powers that be are ordained of God.

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Php 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Col 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth,
visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:
all things were created by him, and for him:

Col 2:15  And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly,
triumphing over them in it.

1Pe 3:22  Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities
and powers being made subject unto him.

george.  :o :-X :)

Heidi

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 05:54:36 PM »

Amen to the scriptures George.  Praise God for His Sovereignty! 

Kathy, I can sooooo relate to your story.....during my time in Babylon I even went through "deliverance".....I don't understand that now? Maybe someone can give me advise regarding this?

Heidi

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 06:19:07 PM »

George, you are SO right!! where were YOU when I was ready to fight the devil?? ;D ;D ;D
The trying of our faith worketh patience?? I definitely think so! I have come to know that God is sovereign in all things now and I have NO power except for the armor of God on me! Whew! What a relief!!
Those verses you quoted may not bring comfort to some, but they sure do to me! :D
Yes, :-X :-X
Kathy ;) :-*

Heidi, I have heard of "deliverance" ministries I'm not sure what it is, casting out demons? I just remember the disciples ask Jesus why they were no able to cast out certain things and he told them, "These don't come out but by prayer and fasting" which tells me if you are going to 'cast' something out you'd better do a lot of prayer and fasting about it! I can't explain anything about it.  ??? sorry

smeacham

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 07:09:08 PM »

George, you are SO right!! where were YOU when I was ready to fight the devil?? ;D ;D ;D
The trying of our faith worketh patience?? I definitely think so! I have come to know that God is sovereign in all things now and I have NO power except for the armor of God on me! Whew! What a relief!!
Those verses you quoted may not bring comfort to some, but they sure do to me! :D
Yes, :-X :-X
Kathy ;) :-*

Heidi, I have heard of "deliverance" ministries I'm not sure what it is, casting out demons? I just remember the disciples ask Jesus why they were no able to cast out certain things and he told them, "These don't come out but by prayer and fasting" which tells me if you are going to 'cast' something out you'd better do a lot of prayer and fasting about it! I can't explain anything about it.  ??? sorry

FYI, I believe that the "and fasting" part is not in the original text, either.

Steve

Roy Martin

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 07:15:01 PM »

Hello Heidi,
I went back and reread my post, (the part of God putting these things in me) and I didnt mean Him tempting me but putting a new way of seeing and thinking and praying amd meditating.
Just thought I needed to clear that up for you.I get ahead of myself sometimes in my thoughts when I write.
Peace and Love
Roy Martin

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 07:52:05 PM »

Mat 17:21  (KJV)
Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Some modern translations omit the entire verse: GOD'S WORD, ASV, BBE, CLV,
CEV, RV, GNB, Rotherham's, Noyes, NET.

NKJV center (Omitted NU) some others omit (and Fasting).

KJV and many others include the whole verse; some note (and fasting) added by translaters.

Hope this helps someone when reading or quoting that Scripture.

george. ;D

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 07:53:24 PM by aqr »

Ninny

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »

No, now I'm confused! ??? :-\
Kathy :-\

aqrinc

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 10:03:51 PM »

Hi kathy,

Confused about  ???.

george. ???

Ninny

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 11:51:53 PM »

George,
What does it mean, the verse was omitted?Is it in the Bible or not? I only have a couple versions. Oh well,I guess I need to go back and read some more!
Kathy ;)

Falconn003

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 12:16:09 AM »

George,
What does it mean, the verse was omitted?Is it in the Bible or not? I only have a couple versions. Oh well,I guess I need to go back and read some more!
Kathy ;)

In case you did not know
Try this link below for more online versions, and more study tools at your hand.

E-Sword and more
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4470.0.html

Rodger

aqrinc

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 12:21:04 AM »

Kathy,

These translations omit the entire verse: (GOD'S WORD, ASV, BBE, CLV,
CEV, RV, GNB, Rotherham's, Noyes, NET).

Not in these Bibles at all, amazing what you find out about your beliefs.
Yes there is more, remember these Bibles are translations; not The actual
original Writings or languages. If you have esword and have downloaded
all the english translations, you can verify this easily.

george. :o ::) ???

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.