bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on man's dominion over the animals.  (Read 5163 times)

Harry

Thoughts on man's dominion over the animals.
« on: February 09, 2009, 04:49:10 PM »

Hi Guy's

I just wanted to share a thought that has crossed my mind regardding the statement in Gen 1:26-28 where God gave man dominion over the animals including fish and birds.. I've always had a hard time believing that it meant for us to be ruling over them. I mean it's kind of hard to be bossing birds and fish around.....I mean all they would have to do is fly or swim away and there wouldn't be much you could do about it...lol.  No ..but you know what I mean...what in the world did he intend for us to do with this dominion over the animals that he gave us?  Then.....a thought occurred to me. What if He meant that he gave us the animals as our domain. You know dominion in the sense that we could dwell in them...just for fun.  I mean haven't you ever wondered what it would be like to be a cat or a dog.  What would it be like to have 4 legs and floppy ears and a tail.  I mean it's kind of hard to imagine isn't it? What if part of the reason God made animals was so that we could enjoy all of the different experiences that they could afford us.  I mean we build all kinds of recreational vehicles to transport us around.  Why wouldn't God want us to have the experience of being any kind of animal or insect that he created.  Just a thought.

Harry 

aqrinc

Re: Thoughts on man's dominion over the animals.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:51:40 PM »

Harry,

Those thoughts that cross your mind are making some gigantic leaps of carnality.
Jesus Christ says: The Words I Speak To you, They Are Spirit And They Are Life.

Has the thought crossed your mind that they (The Words) mean what they say.

What place has Spiritual Thought with carnal things, how does feeling like an animal
edify you or the brethren.

Based on the Scriptures below, should we be like flowers and seed and trees and also
experience living like them.

Gen 1:26-30 CLV

26 And saying is the Elohim, "Make will We humanity in Our image, and according to Our likeness,
and sway shall they over the fish of the sea, and over the flyer of the heavens, and over the
beast, and over all land life, and over every moving animal moving on the land.

27 And creating is the Elohim humanity in His image. In the image of the Elohim He creates it.
Male and female He creates them.

28 And blessing them is the Elohim. And saying to them is the Elohim, "Be fruitful and increase
and fill the earth, and subdue it. And sway over the fish of the sea, and over the flyer of the
heavens, and over the beast, and over all the earth, and over all life moving on the land.

29 And saying is the Elohim, "Behold, I give to you all herbage seeding seed, which is on the
surface of the entire earth, and every tree which has in it the fruit of a tree seeding seed.
For you it is coming to be for food.

30 And for all land life, and for every flyer of the heavens, and for every moving animal on the land,
which has in it a living soul, all green herbage is for food. And coming is it to be so.

According to These Scriptures, GOD Is Making us into HIS Image, After HIS Likeness.
Where do you get the idea HE; would have us to be like a bird or frog or worm or gnat
or crab or any other creation. HE Has Dominion Over us, is HE trying to be like us or
making us like HIM

These are questions i would like you to answer from the Scriptures; so we can have a
discussion using your understanding of just what you think GOD is doing with us in this
life.
This is a puzzling series of thoughts coming from someone who has so much Spiritual
understanding from reading Ray's material on BT Website and Forum.

george. ???

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 05:56:14 PM »

Hi Guy's

I just wanted to share a thought that has crossed my mind regardding the statement in Gen 1:26-28 where God gave man dominion over the animals including fish and birds.. I've always had a hard time believing that it meant for us to be ruling over them. I mean it's kind of hard to be bossing birds and fish around.....I mean all they would have to do is fly or swim away and there wouldn't be much you could do about it...lol.  No ..but you know what I mean...what in the world did he intend for us to do with this dominion over the animals that he gave us?  Then.....a thought occurred to me. What if He meant that he gave us the animals as our domain. You know dominion in the sense that we could dwell in them...just for fun.  I mean haven't you ever wondered what it would be like to be a cat or a dog.  What would it be like to have 4 legs and floppy ears and a tail.  I mean it's kind of hard to imagine isn't it? What if part of the reason God made animals was so that we could enjoy all of the different experiences that they could afford us.  I mean we build all kinds of recreational vehicles to transport us around.  Why wouldn't God want us to have the experience of being any kind of animal or insect that he created.  Just a thought.

Harry 

This is in off topics..........
Are you being serious Harry??

Antaiwan :-\
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Kat

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 08:14:36 PM »

We have quite a few places in Scripture that mention 'possession' of a physical body.  Where this is mentioned it is a demon/spirit and it always repersented a negative situation for the one possessed.

Luke 22:3  Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve.

Mat 8:28  When He had come to the other side, to the country of the Gergesenes, there met Him two demon-possessed men, coming out of the tombs, exceedingly fierce, so that no one could pass that way.
v. 29  And suddenly they cried out, saying, "What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?"
v. 30  Now a good way off from them there was a herd of many swine feeding.
v. 31  So the demons begged Him, saying, "If You cast us out, permit us to go away into the herd of swine."
v. 32  And He said to them, "Go." So when they had come out, they went into the herd of swine. And suddenly the whole herd of swine ran violently down the steep place into the sea, and perished in the water.

Mat 9:32  As they went out, behold, they brought to Him a man, mute and demon-possessed.
v. 33  And when the demon was cast out, the mute spoke.

Mat 12:22  Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw.

Maybe you know of a Scripture where possession does not indicate a bad thing or maybe you are just letting your imagination run wild?  If the latter is the case you might should try to rein your imagination in a bit on some things.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 10:42:17 PM »

But Harry there is no indication of possession in the case of the a@@ speaking.  It seems that it was just given the ability to speak.

Num 22:28  Then the LORD opened the mouth of the a@@, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?"
v. 29  And Balaam said to the a@@, "Because you have made sport of me. I wish I had a sword in my hand, for then I would kill you."
v. 30  And the a@@ said to Balaam, "Am I not your a@@, upon which you have ridden all your life long to this day? Was I ever accustomed to do so to you?" And he said, "No."
v. 31  Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, with his drawn sword in his hand; and he bowed his head, and fell on his face.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.