bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I need to leave  (Read 13627 times)

Sorin

I need to leave
« on: June 01, 2006, 10:35:47 PM »

I need to leave this forum. There are many good people here that are sincerely seeking Truth, and have good intentions. but there are also those
with their 'Holier Than Thou' attitude and condemn others and have condemned me while they themselves do the same things, or worse. I even apologized for what I've said, and done but it appears that it was either in vain or unnecessary. I'm not going to name any names but they know who they are, and what I mean. I'm not "Holy" enough to be on here, For I'm just a 'filthy tax collector' and don't fast twice in the week like the Pharisee.

I just can't help but feel the animosity towards me.

Good bye,
Sorin

SteveB

I need to leave
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 10:46:32 PM »

I need to leave this forum. There are many good people here that are sincerely seeking Truth, and have good intentions. but there are also those
with their 'Holier Than Thou' attitude and condemn others and have condemned me while they themselves do the same things, or worse. I even apologized for what I've said, and done but it appears that it was either in vain or unnecessary. I'm not going to name any names but they know who they are, and what I mean. I'm not "Holy" enough to be on here, For I'm just a 'filthy tax collector' and don't fast twice in the week like the Pharisee.

I just can't help but feel the animosity towards me.

I dont know what happened but we all need to see ourselfs as the 'filthy tax collector' and 'older brother' and the 'the people about to throw stones'.

I try to think of myself this way everday. But we must adhear to the doctrine of Christ with no divisions among us, speaking the Truth in Love.  I pray Gods will in your life sorin.

Love...Steve

shibboleth

I need to leave
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 10:58:06 PM »

I know how you feel, Sorin. there are some here who, I believe, have an attitude of superiority. I am saddened to see you leave, and if there is anything I can say to keep you here, I would like to know what it is.

I came here because I believed in UR and all the other doctrines about Christ. I have seen growth in you, Sorin, and know you have taken a lot of crap from some cruel people who thought they were doing the "work of the Lord."  I will still be here if you need to talk.
God keep you safe and check in sometimes just to let us know you are okay.
Debra

Falconn003

I need to leave
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 01:30:19 AM »

Well i for one know where your coming from.

And i say truthfully to you, your fellowship was very much so profitable, humbling and very human. not pompous.

Sincere and forthcoming you always were in your post, being your self and sharing is not what anyone could ask more from you, but your honest friendship.  the fools they may be your demise are they themselves their own thorn.

God bless you and hope there will be a returning of you, coming around again, led here again but by the graces of God and none other.

Rodger

Steve Crook

I need to leave
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 02:06:13 AM »

Sorin, there is a lot of the "Holier than thou" attitudes everywhere. It is unescapable because we all possess that attitude through our walks, because that is how we must come to see ourselves at some point.

I hope that you can at least stick around, grow, and help some others out somehow by staying in the shadows. I use to post so much, that I barely did anything else. I was more or less told to shut up because I didn't know anything, and that was from the "Just Love Love Love" crowd. Haha. Well, I post when I feel the Lord wants me to, and if anything else I am blessed daily by varying posts that are made by numberous folks, and yes some of those folks are the same ones that tried to tear me down.

Anyhow, just wanted to say that forgivness is probably one of the hardest things in the world for me to do, but when I think on Christ and His WAY, well forgiveness comes so much easier. After all, look at all we have all been blessed with at this point in our walks and the forgiveness we have been shown. Trust me, there are many here who have varying disagreements and agreements on different parts of the scripture. However, as long as a brother or sister is abiding by the doctrine of Christ, then I do not believe we should forsake them. Matter of fact, I know we are not to.

There are many ways to know who is who, but generally the best way is to let folks just talk for themselves because their own tongue will be their fall. I'm happy with leaving it all in His hands. :)

God Bless and always look to the Lord for His strength.

Daniel

I need to leave
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 02:12:32 AM »

Sorin,

This is not good, you and I haven't talked at all, but to think to leave because of one or two others is not good.  If you have appologized brother its on their conscience not forgiving you (if you did anything wrong at all). I clicked to look where you posted (mostly in off topics) but I could see nothing but your enjoyment of the discussions you were having with others. If its a private issue (handled by Pm) why leave the board for those reasons alone? You have people who obviously have grown close with you, who value you and who speak of the growth they see in you and enjoy your freindship, would rethink this kind of move? At least prayfully ask if the move is more out of hurt then of what the Lord is leading you to?

My prayers are with you Sorin, hope you would change your mind Lord willing to leave altogether the people who you both care for and who obviously care for you.

God bless you

Daniel

Andrew

I need to leave
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 03:06:55 AM »

I agree.

Sorin I would encourage you to stay. I can't add anything that hasn't already been said, but you leaving would not be of any value to anyone.

Please reconsider

Eph 4:16  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Eph 5:30  For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
1Co 12:13  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Co 12:14  For the body is not one member, but many.
1Co 12:15  If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:16  And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:17  If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18  But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1Co 12:19  And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20  But now are they many members, yet but one body.
1Co 12:21  And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
1Co 12:22  Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
1Co 12:23  And those members of the body, which we think to be less honorable, upon these we bestow more abundant honor; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
1Co 12:24  For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honor to that part which lacked:
1Co 12:25  That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
1Co 12:26  And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honored, all the members rejoice with it.

zander

I need to leave
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 06:51:44 AM »

Well if i had to guess, i dont think you really want to leave.

Stay mate.

Not all of us are perfect.

hillsbororiver

I need to leave
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 09:26:54 AM »

Sorin,

I cannot add anything substantial to what has been said already but I value your posts because it is easy to see they come from the heart without an agenda or pompousity.

It is understandable to feel the need to take a break from here very now and then because like Steve said it can become a very time consuming habit and there are times that one can feel out of touch or unable to connect with others here, you can post something you believe has merit and should be edifying but instead the thread veers off in some unexplainable direction or someone misconstrues your point and puts you (or me or anyone) on the defensive.

This Forum will never be a totally peaceful place with all members in agreement or in the same stage of spiritual growth, this can be frustrating but it can also be an exercise in patience, understanding & longsuffering.

Sorin, I hope after a break you will be back to share your insights and humor in that unassuming style of yours,

Joe

zander

I need to leave
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 09:32:20 AM »

Mike and Ray parting, Sorin leaving.  Whats going on? :shock:

gmik

I need to leave
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 11:09:29 AM »

:cry: Sorin, you will be missed! Please just take a wee break and come back.  If I have in any way ever hurt or insulted you please forgive me. I don't know how I am perceived on this forum but I don't want to be one of the know it alls. I consider you one of the "elders"-for so young you have a lot of wisdom. Please pray for us.

I'm with Zander--what is going on?? Maybe our foundation is being shaken (again).

mannonthecross

I need to leave
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 03:49:16 PM »

Sorin,

Sounds like the Lord is wanting to burn some flesh.   :wink:

Aside from how you're feeling what's THE LORD telling you to do? I know you know that's the only opinion that matters.

Blessings

SandyFla

I need to leave
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 04:39:51 PM »

Sorin,

I don't have anything to add to what's already been said, but:

PLEASE DON'T GO!

Love,
Sandy

:(

ertsky

I need to leave
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 04:45:54 PM »

when i think about Sorin i kinda hear something like

"don't you worry about Sorin, his Protector is Mighty"

how capable is the Great Shepherd to care for His own.

mighty capable if you ask me.

i've always liked Sorin's vibe, kinda feels like a trustworthy brother to me.

f

longhorn

I need to leave
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 06:35:54 PM »

Not trying to be rude, but why do people feel the need to "Announce" their desire or need to leave this forum.  Me think's it's just to see how many post will be of the OH Please Stay variety.  If someone feels it's time to move on.??????????

Longhorn

JJ

Tolerance and kindness
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 08:22:25 PM »

This is the first time I have ever posted anything on a forum.  After only viewing @ BT  for eight months, seeing the problems last fall and the recent trouble.......I'm sticking my neck out here, but I hope I don't get offended easily and can think before I speak, think with kindness and tolerance and the "but for the grace of God, there go I" mentality and to consider that I have not "walked in their shoes",  freshly feeling the pain of all the foolish things I have done, all the bad and
selfish attitudes that God has rescued me from, begging God to keep me humble and kind.  And so....... diving in!  

I really hate to see Sorin go, but hope after a break he will return.  The
thing is, if he really does go, it is very thoughtful of him to tell everyone,
say goodbye...... because he has made some friends here.  I was sad the last time that he left--happy he returned.   And just maybe, he isn't concrete on decision.  Does that answer your question, Longhorn?  So what if he needs a little encouragement to stay?  Most of us have been
in such a vulnerable position at some point in our life, haven't we?
People are different and complex.  I have mostly been a
black and white type, but going through the chastening fire has helped me tolerate more easily and cut some slack.   God help me, help us all,
to  hold to Christ and seek His Truth, but at the same time to remember
to be patient and kind--- do unto others as we would have done to us.
(not saying any of you haven't--please don't anyone take offense!)

God is sovereign.  Sorin will come back if God has purpose in that.  But
I will very much miss him here at BT.  Be well dear Sorin!
JJ

Becky

I need to leave
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 09:23:40 PM »

welcome JJ and very well said!!!

I can't think of anyhting to add... (except that I wasn't offended ;) )
Becky

shibboleth

I need to leave
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 12:38:08 PM »

Thanks Bobby, you always seem to know what to say. You are a real peacemaker. I always feel edified after I read your posts.

Longhorn: I consider people here my family members because we are all united in Christ. There are some family members I am closer to than others and Sorin is one of them. If he hurts, I hurt. I love Sorin as my brother in Christ and grieve he feels the need to leave our family. If you don't understand, I don't know how to explain it except to say theres a communion and oneness in Christ I have with many here.

Aren't family members supposed to watch out for each other? Isn't love putting others first? I hope we can all do that in our lives. We may only be able to encourage each other on this board, since we all seem to live so far apart. But we should still make an effort to do so.

Sorin

I need to leave
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 12:56:44 AM »

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I have decided to come back to the board. It's mostly due to the responses I got after I announced that I was leaving. I really didn't expect this kind of response. I must confess that my faith has pretty much been on a roller coaster ride lately, it's had it's ups and downs, with things that have been happening in my own personal life, on the board, Mike and Ray parting ways, just trying to make sense of it all. I can barely rest my mind to get a good night's sleep I keep thinking about, life, existence, God, my past, my future, ressurection, what then, etc, etc, etc...

I guess I can use all the prayer I can get, thanks in advance,
Sorin

Daniel

I need to leave
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 01:34:52 AM »

Sorin,

God bless you and welcome back! :D  (even though you were "here" before me and gone very soon after I came):lol: You had a change of mind, God is good. Its all in Gods purpose, nothing happens apart from Him. Its Him who shakes the heaven and earth. The promise to shake is just a fulfilling of His word. The best part is He has it in our best interest only that what cannot be shaken will remain. So I say, "shake away Lord"! :lol:  Only three things remain of any worth is faith, hope and love and all else will let loose to these remaining. Praise God for our Lord Jesus Christ upon whom we build our lives upon, only one foundation is as sure as HIM.

Glad to see back Sorin, His richest blessings be yours in Christ

Daniel
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.