bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Gideons band foreshadow the manifestation of the Sons of God????  (Read 8267 times)

Harry

Hi Guy's,

As I have read and contemplated the theme of Rom 8:19. The manifestation of the Sons of God..... I have been lead to look for more clues regardding what this event might be like..... Here's what I've come up with.  The story of Gideon seems to foreshadow this event...Here's why I say this.  In the story, Gideon and his men are instructed to take torches and pitchers ( Vessels of clay) they were instructed to put the torches inside the pitchers. At the sound of the trumpet they were instructed to brake the pitchers thereby revealing the torches within.  I have found verses that clearly use clay vessels or pottery to represent the physical body Ps 31:12, Rom 9:21, 2Cor 4:7.  There are also verses that would seem to describe our glorified state as flaming fire (Ps 104:4 together with Isa 61:6) also Heb 1:7. It's easy to see how the story of Gideon could represent the manifestation of the Sons of God. The fire hidden by the clay vessel which will be revealed when the clay vessel is broken at the sound of the trumpet ( Like the last trumpet). In 1Cor 15:52 it says that we "will be changed in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump."  What do you guy's think??

Harry

aqrinc

Re: Does Gideons band foreshadow the manifestation of the Sons of God????
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 12:14:32 AM »

Hi Harry,

Is this something you have been discussing before, when did you make that connection.
I guess my question is, is this teaching you have had before?.

Here is a link to an older thread: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7656.msg60982.html#msg60982

george. ???
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 12:24:08 AM by aqr »

Harry

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 09:18:59 AM »

Hi George,

No.... I have never heard anyone teach on this. I have some more thoughts regardding this subject and how it MIGHT relate to ruling over the nations with a rod of iron and also the LOF. I decided to wait and see how this was received before adding any more.

By God's Grace
    Harry

Harry

Re: The Sword of Gideon
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 09:39:41 AM »

Thank you Rodger,

Although all of the words you highlighted and all of the points you made...had absolutely nothing to do with the comparison I was making, it did however bring out another valid point of the story and the spiritual application of it.  And it provided me with another piece of the puzzle which is rapidly filling in. Thank you again for your help.

By His Grace
   Harry

Harry

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 02:33:15 PM »

Well....I guess this topic was old ground too.. I just read a post from months ago that covered this very same idea. It was intitled principal wheat and appointed barley. Well...At least it gave me confirmation.

Harry

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »

Hi Harry,

Just my 2 cents about studying and sharing The Gospel Of The Kingdom Of The Heavens.

If you spend a bit of time reading and studying Ray's papers (All OF THEM); you will
find more Scripture and explanation in each, to stop those crossing thoughts, and give
you answers to quiet The Beast in you.

A suggestion; read this entire paper: http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html and reread if
necessary, before the next thought crossing.

After that paper read: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3709.0.html
necessary to understanding Scripture.

george. :)

smeacham

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 06:39:27 PM »

If you spend a bit of time reading and studying Ray's papers (All OF THEM); you will
find more Scripture and explanation in each, to stop those crossing thoughts, and give
you answers to quiet The Beast in you.

What the message members here are trying to get into your Spirit is. It does not matter if others covered this
topic, it only matters that you, yourself has covered it with the Holy Spirit, within lies confirmation of TRUTH.

Well said, george and Rodger.  Be quick to listen and slow to speak, on this site.  Good advice for everyone, especially the newcomers like me.

Steve
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 06:40:48 PM by Steve Meacham »

judith collier

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 08:20:34 PM »

Hey Harry, hope you can get up after this encounter. But some of us are like you, we get a thought and then we make a connection and then that leads us somewhere else. What helps me is going back through the threads like you did. I only have a few things down good but for now it is satisfying (for me.) I too, could not make heads or tails about anything when twenty bible verse were thrown out concerning what I wanted to know and still don't. This is a biblical scripture sight and what I found is when I get the bottom line that most or all of my questions are answered. I would say get all this down really good and then when you come up with creative thinking you will be well grounded and know from who and what you are coming from. Judy

Harry

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 08:45:17 PM »

Thank you for all of your help and patience. The Lord is using you guy's to help mold and shape me. Forgive me if I have been arrogant and proud in spirit at times. Thanks again to each one of you.

Harry

Ray-Ray

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 10:25:56 PM »

it,s ashame to read some of these posts , a member comes in here thinking they are asking a legit question or led to share something in their heart ,only to be torn apart from limb to limb, treated as if they were a child for making such a remark. I was always taught if you cant say anything good about somebody then keep your mouth shut. I believe you can help,teach, someone from showing love an respect than trying to cram it down their throat, it makes me wonder what spirit some of you are from .peace Ray-Ray

tinknocker

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 05:09:47 AM »

it,s ashame to read some of these posts , a member comes in here thinking they are asking a legit question or led to share something in their heart ,only to be torn apart from limb to limb, treated as if they were a child for making such a remark. I was always taught if you cant say anything good about somebody then keep your mouth shut. I believe you can help,teach, someone from showing love an respect than trying to cram it down their throat, it makes me wonder what spirit some of you are from .peace Ray-Ray

Ray-Ray,

I do not see what brought on this response. There is allot of solid food being fed here. Do you not understand spare the rod -spoil the child? Who is welding this rod? Falcon003 - I don't think so. We are all coming off of milk and starting to partake of solid food and sometimes it's hard to swallow. This in no way should be perceived as a personnel attack on a forum member in any way. I do not post allot because my carnal thinking usually jumps in first and I found if I chew on it a little longer the flavor starts to set in and it becomes allot more pleasent as I begin to understand what God is teaching me through one of His chosen. The end result is to please God is it not? All of us need to slow down and realize there is much to learn here if we are willing to allow the spirit to teach and correct us.  Unfortunately it usually means the rod in my case.  :(

tinknocker

tebza4jesus

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 06:03:43 AM »

Hello to you all.

Honestly, I sometimes want to ask questions to members of the forum or make a comment, but "fear of being ridiculed" will creep in and keep me silent. Maybe I want to always be right, which I know, is not going to happen, but I guess is hard for me to learn from one who appears to me as if he/she is lambasting me and/or is regarding my question as "stupid".

I am saying this because when I read this thread, I was excited that Harry so saw something I did not see and was ready to look through it more closely, but after the "correcting" that he got, I am scared because I realise that I am taken to be as WRONG as Harry was, even though I am not adequately, through this platform, being corrected.

My plea guys is - please go easy on me - a man who desire to know and understand the things of God.

Love you all,
Tebza 

Falconn003

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 07:20:18 AM »

Hello to you all.

Honestly, I sometimes want to ask questions to members of the forum or make a comment, but "fear of being ridiculed" will creep in and keep me silent. Maybe I want to always be right, which I know, is not going to happen, but I guess is hard for me to learn from one who appears to me as if he/she is lambasting me and/or is regarding my question as "stupid".

I am saying this because when I read this thread, I was excited that Harry so saw something I did not see and was ready to look through it more closely, but after the "correcting" that he got, I am scared because I realise that I am taken to be as WRONG as Harry was, even though I am not adequately, through this platform, being corrected.

My plea guys is - please go easy on me - a man who desire to know and understand the things of God.

Love you all,
Tebza 

You have spoken truthfully of yourself and i shall abide, I extend my hand in Fellowship.

Fear not but TRUST in the Lord and no man.

Harmony and Growth be your Grace and Blessing by the will of God.
Rodger

aqrinc

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 04:00:01 PM »

Hi Tebza,

By all means please do not be intimidated to ask, i will always insist and persist if my
question goes unanswered. Now many time the answer i get is not what i want; but
at that point my choices are to reevaluate my thoughts or toss aside the answer as
unfit for my question ???.

We all come here to meet and discuss what we learn from Ray's writings and when
we can; expand on them (Scripturally). As likeminded guests on this forum, we all have
agreed to abide by certain rules. If we want the forum to grow and flourish we all need
to adhere to our agreement, otherwise it just becomes another debating circle.

I have learned major Scriptural Truths since participating in discussions here. Not all
were in accord with what i brought to the table, in fact most of what i brought was
junk and carnal. There are people on this forum who have a lot of Red meat of The
Scriptures to share, we need to be patient and humble enough to learn things that
are hard for most people to even dimly see or hear. In my early days (not so many
months ago) on this forum, i had to be, admonished, chastises and a couple times
scolded by Elder brethren and sisthren in The Faith. Did it scare me; no, did it make
me read and learn more; yes, did i stop asking questions and participating; No way.

In summation; this is a life changing direction we are all taking here. Ray's Teaching
is a Map for us to use during this phase of our travel. If we use the map as our guide
and follow the path, we will get to some beautiful scenery and places of refreshing
and revelation along the way.

Just remember, what we brought with us is mostly thrash and junk from Christendom
aka Babylon
. If that was so good; GOD would have no reason to drag us here. So to all
who see this post; if i have offended or do offend you in the future. It is not for any personal
gain but only for The Scripture's, which Are The Living Word Of GOD And Our Lord Jesus Christ.

In Love, Learning, Patience and Humility.

george. :-*

tinknocker

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 04:43:57 PM »

aqr

Brother you have not offended me  ;) But you have corrected me at times so thank you.

tinknocker
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.