bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grayson's MRI  (Read 7060 times)

Ninny

Grayson's MRI
« on: February 10, 2009, 11:16:39 AM »

Just want to let everyone know that we are here in Birmingham waiting for Grayson to have his MRI. Please be praying that everything is clear! We believe it is! Also my son and daughter-in-law will be visiting Hannah Grace's parents this afternoon.Pray for them Hannah Grace is supposed to start on dialysis this morning. I'll get back when I can with an update on everyone.
thank you all for your prayers and love!
Kathy :-*

EKnight

Re: Grayson's MRI
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 08:16:51 PM »

Praying for little Grayson Kathy.  Keep us posted.

Eileen

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 10:28:07 PM »

I'm home again! It was a long drive, but I tell you my 4 grandsons were great in the car going up and coming home! When you are in the car for a 3 1/2 hour stretch with 4 little boys life can be interesting!
I was laughing and saying it's bad enough when you have 4 kids to take on a long drive, but when you have 4 kids AND 2 grandmas along life can really be interesting! ;D ;D They have an 8 passenger Honda something van so that makes it nice. :D

Now, on to Grayson's MRI! The scan was fast, 30 min! the nurses and technicians were smiling and that was very encouraging. the first one here at the hospital at home was so strange--no one smiled (they knew what was on the scan!)  The next thing that encouraged us was that they let us leave! If there had been anything bad on that MRI they would have kept him, I'm sure.  We still have to wait until Thursday to hear the all clear from the neurosurgeon, but we are believing for the good news! Keep believing with us please! If those episodes he's had were seizures the doc is going to want to know for sure and see what needs to be done about it.  The good news is he hasn't had any of those episodes in at least 2 1/2 weeks!  :) The other two happened 10 days apart.

Well, there it is. That's what I know so far. So when we get the word on Thursday I'll let you know. As I have said so many times, Thank YOU for praying and believing with me on this! I love all of you guys so much!  :D

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 10:43:11 PM »

Great news Kathy. Praise God!!

EKnight

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 11:30:26 PM »

sounds very encouraging Kathy.  Will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

Eileen

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 11:51:06 PM »

kathy,

Thanks for the Good News on Grayson, Prayers are going out daily.

george. ;D

Heidi

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 03:39:35 AM »

Kathy.....God is in control, I am praying for you and yours. ;)

Love
Heidi

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 06:32:18 PM »

Hi guys! I know I have asked you before, but would you please pray for Grayson's mommy. She prays over every sick child she hears of she talks to all the other mommies of the sick kids. My son would like to get her away from everything for a weekend! I told him I'd be glad to keep the kids for them to get away. Please pray that she will agree to take him up on the weekend away! Sometimes we all just need a break and a time of refreshing!
Thanks again for praying!

Linny

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 07:04:30 PM »

Believing for and excited about the good news coming for Grayson. Hopefully his mom will take a time away as no matter how well you are walking with the Lord, we can still carry stress and nothing can be more stressful than dealing with a sick baby and being concerned about all these sick children.  :'(

I am so concerned about Hannah Grace. Praying for good news there.

Love, Lin

judith collier

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 01:01:59 AM »

Yes, I pray the MOM will take a nudge from God and get some rest. We are human and that kind of intensity over a long period is not good for our health. AMEN !!!!Judy

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 06:36:34 PM »

Well guys, the news is good and not so good from grayson's MRI. The good news is the doc says that his brain is healing nicely, the bad part is there will be another surgery, in the MRI they found some residual tumor :'(
He said now that his brain has healed so much they can see a part of the tumor that was left behind. Even though we know that his healing from God is sure. It is between the brainstem and the cerebellum, but not connected to either place it's just there, no growth.
He said the surgery will not be as long as the first and the hospital stay won't be as long. I can't tell you of the tears we cried today from this news!

The dr said it's a good thing he's had those episodes of seizures because if they had waited till April when his appt was supposed to be his brain may have started swelling again and then we'd have more problems. So the news isn't as good as we wanted and expected, but it's not as bad as it could have been. Please keep this little munchkin in your prayers, he is all our heart and we don't want him to have to go through it again! We know that God is in control.
Pray for me to be strong for my family so that God will be glorified in all of it! His surgery is scheduled for the first part of March I'll let you know the date when I know.
thanks for praying!
Love,
Kathy :-* :'(

Marlene

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »

Kathy, I will keep you all in my prayers. I am glad it showed up now. God is watching over him well!

In His Love,
Marlene

Ninny

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 07:46:11 PM »

I just got some more information about Grayson. The dr. told them that he was not having seizures, he thinks it is vertigo. His surgery is scheduled for March 6th. He's been stumbling a little, nothing severe, but that is either due to the vertigo or the location of the tumor. He has been walking with a slight tilt to his head on occaision, nothing like before. Some of the things his mommy noticed and the rest of us were just trying NOT to notice. the dr said these things are all either due to the vertigo or again the location of the tumor. Ok that's all I have for now. We all know that God is in control, everything is according to HIS plan.
Kathy

smeacham

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 01:59:45 AM »

Ah, man.  I suffer vertigo sometimes due to my MS.  I don't know about children, but Meclazine is very effective treating it for me.

May God continue to look over and protect him, you, and the family...
Steve

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 02:50:36 AM »

I'd call that good news...at least hopeful for an excellent end to this.  God be with you all.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Heidi

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 03:01:42 AM »

I will keep on praying for your family.....I was just diagnosed with having vertigo today!  Not a nice feeling at all.
Heidi

judith collier

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 08:12:32 PM »

Kathy,  sounds rather good to me. THE TUMOR is NOT Growing! My continued prayers. Judy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 03:00:33 AM »

kathy,
i too was thinking that it was a good thing that the supposed seizures happened so that your little gray had to have the mri which found the residual tumor. God truly works in mysterious ways. i will continue to pray for gray and you and your son and daughter-in-law, and the other little munchkins in their pack. a weekend away would be a good time of refreshing like you said. i cannot imagine the stress that you all have been carrying, especially your son and daughter-in-law. God was even working through your son to suggest the weekend away. awesome really, when we just sit and watch God's hand working. your grayson is strong in his understanding that God loves him and out of his own little mouth grayson has already confessed that God healed him. and another thing is that all of this is in God's perfect timing. He worked His plan for grayson on this journey so that little gray's brain had healed before he had to be subjected to another surgery. just keep doing what you have been doing kathy which is placing the whole matter in God's hands, and being a witness to your family of God's lovingkindness.

we all love you and will hold you and your family up through faith, love, and hope.

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »

Thank you, Claudia!
Oh my it is so hard to believe that Gray is going to have to do this again! We are now booking our hotel stays for that weekend and of course we can't get in downtown Birmingham there is a tennis match that weekend!!
I talked to my daughter-in-law last night and she said Gray was going full speed romping and playing with his brothers! It is so good to see him so healthy and happy! It is as you said a good thing that he was having those episodes to alert us that something wasn't right. We have so many things to be thankful for my daughter-in-law told us that she feels bad about being upset because Gray has to do this again in light of little Elijah and Hannah Grace. We are so blessed that Gray's tumor was benign, he isn't having to go through the horrendous process of chemo and stem cell transplants! It just breaks my heart to think of those little sweeties having to go through it..Now Elijah's daddy says his hair is starting to fall out. He had such a head full of jet black hair! :'(
Well, so we do put them all in God's able hands! I was thinking about that song we used to sing back in the "long ago" : He's able, He's able, I know He's able, I know my God is able to carry me through...
How anyone could go through a thing like this not knowing that God is in control is a real mystery..
Kathy :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.