bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Understanding your position…  (Read 18468 times)

acomplishedartis

Understanding your position…
« on: February 10, 2009, 08:42:06 PM »

What we say it’s just as important to who we say it, where we say it, and when, right? Even if we would come to know important answers or have much ability on speech, what would be the reason to split all out if we don’t find yet ourselves on a position where our words can worth enough to don’t let us bleeding on the ground?
Conversation is to move ideas and concepts all around, but then I am starting to believe that there might be no such thing as ‘‘safe conversations’’ (I mean; conversation with out showing your position or staying ‘‘supposedly’’ neutral).
I have thought that Jesus as a child knew well his position with others; this was his time of learning to become strong in spirit and then start the real fighting (I mean; to use all his good speech full of meanings and mystery).
I find it hard to find often my position; yet I am still waiting for when my time to real fighting comes. Yes, what matter is the motivation of our hearts when we speak and I believe that we must work with what we already have.
How do you deal with these overwhelming over-thinking about understanding your position with what you already know?

And then… this is all just part of our journey as well, right?

moises

aqrinc

Re: Understanding your position…
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 08:58:59 PM »

Hi Moises,

Patience and Longsuffering is something we are all learning. Remember those are Fruits of The Spirit.
If it was easy we could do it ourselves, GOD HAS Chosen for us to learn this way Brother.

Psa 86:15 
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Rom 5: 3-4
3  And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4  And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Gal 5: 22-26
22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26  Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

2Ti 4:2 
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

george. :)

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 09:10:42 PM »

Hi Moises,

I have toiled with these same thoughts.  I just recently had a conversation with my husband telling him that I question my motives for wanting to reveal my beliefs to my brothers and sisters.  I am from a large catholic family.  Everyone attends church on sundays. I have always been somewhat of the black sheep of my family and being the second youngest, I have always felt that they didn't respect my thoughts or opinions on important subjects.  Now I feel like I know so much more than any of them in regard to faith and Jesus Christ and the scriptures.  I am certain that more than half of the scriptures discussed here they have never read.  The catholic church is not a "bible" church.  They are more about doctrines and dogma.  I now see most of my brothers, sisters and mother all about the physical.  Whereas now I am about the spiritual.  Now, do I want to share these truths with them because I feel strongly about my beliefs, or do I just want to say "ha ha, you all thought I was a nobody but God is calling ME!",  or is it because I feel like I am living a lie by allowing them to think that I am still a practicing catholic (which I have not been for almost a year).  I tend to think it's a little of all the above.  I have decided to just let God lead me and accept that whatever I do or whatever I say is His will.

Eileen

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 10:04:31 PM »

Hello Eileen,

Greetings my sister in the Lord. This is the first time I've corresponded with you and it seems that we're so connected as all of us are here on the forum. I am constantly amazed at how much we all have in common. Black sheep of our family, overlooked, deemed as incompetent and controversial when it comes to the word of God. The list goes on and on. To me that's another confirmation that something real special is going on here.

I too wrestle with how to share this truth with my folks. Since I've been the one to question so much they feel that I am "leaning to my own understanding". I went out with my mother last week for my birthday and I wanted to ask her some questions in regards to the origin of Satan. I brought up the scriptures in Isaiah and Ezekiel and asked her if she knew of any other witnesses to confirm this theory and she stated that the scripture in Revelations confirms that Satan and his angels were cast out. Though it doesn't state from where they were cast out she believes this corroborates the story of Satan once being an angel in heaven..etc..etc. I didn't want to get in an argument on my birthday, so I chose not to be adamant about the subject.

My father is an elder in the church and he's very worried about me. He calls and leaves messages on my phone to console me as if I'm very depressed and lost. I want to scream this truth to them because I have waited SOOO long to receive some type of consolation in regards to the feelings I've had for years. I too wonder whether or not my motives are pure and so I have abstained from bringing the subject up to the majority of my family. The truth is so overwhelming it's very hard for me not to share it, especially since I love to converse about things of the Spirit.

With that being said, I deeply feel that our time is coming. I can't imagine that God would reveal such wonderful truths to us, for us to just bury them. Scripture states in Matt 5:14 "Ye are the light of the world, a city that is set on a hill cannot be hid". God will definitely get the glory out of our lives. The only thing that somewhat saddens me is I don't believe that most of my family will "get it" in this lifetime. However, I still praise and thank God because I know that everything, especially in our lives, is happening according to God's perfect plan. (Roms. 8:28)

George and Rodger the scriptures you posted are very encouraging. I ask for you all to continue to pray for me, as I know you are, that God grants me the fruit of the spirit temperance, patience and longsuffering. I definitely know how you feel Eileen, but I know I have to stay humble. I can understand even more clearly now why God gave Paul the thorn in the flesh, because of the abundance of revelations he'd receive. (2 Corithians 12:7) I guess we have to brace ourselves for our thorn. It's mandatory isn't it? 

May God bless all my sisters and brothers in Christ,

Charles 

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 10:40:51 PM »

I have to admit that most of the reasons for my not actively sharing the good news more are related to sin...fear, primarily, but laziness too.  But there is also a sense that I don't want to dishonor the Truth by not being prepared and ending up laying on the ground bleeding, like you said. 

I know that I am not saving myself.  I left the church years ago in great part because I wasn't much of a Christian and didn't want to be just another hypocrite.  So there is a part of me that is concerned that I am still lacking 'something' in moral or character terms that disqualifies me from being more outspoken.  This too is 'up to God'.

There is so much to learn, both in Doctrine AND in character, before we (I) can hope to be effective.  Yet even with a little light, the Gospel we carry is brighter than the darkness of the world.  We are His workmanship, and nothing we do is outside His influence.  That's the 'rest' I am striving to enter.  What a predicament.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

EKnight

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 11:43:25 PM »

I have to admit that most of the reasons for my not actively sharing the good news more are related to sin...fear, primarily, but laziness too.  But there is also a sense that I don't want to dishonor the Truth by not being prepared and ending up laying on the ground bleeding, like you said. 

I totally understand this.  I think the worst thing would be for me to butcher the Word and left to look as though I was clueless. 

Eileen

acomplishedartis

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 11:39:17 PM »

Hi Moises,

Patience and Longsuffering is something we are all learning. Remember those are Fruits of The Spirit.
If it was easy we could do it ourselves, GOD HAS Chosen for us to learn this way Brother.

Psa 86:15 
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Rom 5: 3-4
3  And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4  And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Gal 5: 22-26
22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26  Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

2Ti 4:2 
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

hi goerge

thanks for your words. Patience and 'learning time' is what i was talking about, Longsufferings is the only way. I appreciate your encouragement.

about 2Tim. 4:2,  Why would we want to preach when it's not opportune?
Corcondant Version
2Tim. 4:2
Herald the word. Stand by it, opportunely, inopportunely, expose, rebuke, entreat, with all patience and teaching.

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 09:17:02 PM »

Hi Moises,

I learn patience everyday, that takes time and longsuffering, keep going brother.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 10:36:52 PM »

Hi Eileen
I think that we reveal part of our believes very often when we share our thoughts and opinions. And as we all agree, whatever happen it is all part of the journey.
Dave in teen, It is always a good wish to don't dishonor the Truth. Even if we just have that little light that you talked about.

Heidi

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 04:41:03 AM »

Roy Martin....thank you for sharing your story.  I may need to stop and smell the roses as I am sure there are a lot of times when God wanted to talk to me and I just walked past.

Heidi

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 11:16:22 AM »

You know the truth is we don't really know what happened  to Jesus and how he learned things. We can know that God set the limits  of each phase of his life because that's how God operates! some things are just mysteries to us until God reveals it to us. I don't even question how he learned things because God was in control of what Jesus couldn't control as a child, I KNOW he was carefully guarded as a child and until he began his ministry we don't know anything at all. To me that is one of those wonderful mysteries that we will know someday! There are just some things that we don't need to know yet! it's kind of like when your 4 year old comes up and asks you, "Where do babies come from?" He doesn't need to know the WHOLE story until he is mature enough to understand it. Now that's just the way I see it, no big philosophical idea just my perspective.

Don't you think Jesus learned much the same way we do? By living his life daily for 30 years besides what God may have revealed in and to him. We live, we learn. Jesus had to experience some of that in order to be human enough to understand what our life was like. Maybe this is not right, but it's the way I see it!
Kathy

Beloved

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 01:29:34 PM »

Kathy I think Rodger did an excellent post to show how Jesus learned and lived

I agree that the Spiritual Knowledge was revealed to Him.
But he also was also taught.
Hebrews5
8 even He also, being a Son, learned obedience from that which He suffered.

This is why i talked about His learning time to become strong in spirit
Luke2
52 And Jesus progressed in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
40 Now the little Boy grows up and was staunch in spirit, being filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on Him.

What i am stating is let us be careful applying common false practises of the dead church, like applying lesser human nature to God and Jesus. Everything Jesus gained as KNOWLEDGE is in a REVELATION God gave Jesus.

Should Jesus need a teacher undoubtedly it would have been the Holy Spirit or God.

Suffering was no teacher to Jesus. The Holy Spirit or God, Revealed this Knowledge to Jesus, the Obedience to the Will of the Farther way before Jesus suffered. Can you understand this simple Truth.

Keeping with this Scriptural Truth.

John 6:63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Lets try this translation and let the Holy Spirit REVEAL this KNOWLEDGE to us.

Hebrews 5:8 And though he was a Son, through the pain which he underwent, the knowledge came to him of what it was to be under God's orders;

Lets us stay with the Truth of comparing Spirit with Spirit.

The Knowledge came to Jesus by way of the Holy Spirit or God.

Long before Jesus was to suffer he already KNEW why he is to suffer for the sake of the whole world's sin.

Long before Jesus is crucified , he KNEW why he was to die.

Jesus long KNEW before judas betrayed him why he was to be betrayed and handed over to the guards.

It was never any physical actions of suffering , dying, nor betrayal that taught Jesus anything of the Spirit. 

Nothing of this world can TEACH Jesus anything of the the Father. Only by way of That which the Holy Spirit or God REVEALED to Jesus .

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus  

There is God, then Jesus , then man. Is this agreeable and True. 

God gives to Jesus a Revelation, Jesus gives to man the same Revelation God gave to him.

This Revelation acknowledge to Jesus who he WAS, IS, AND WILL BE and was not taught by anything Physical.

Only God Spirit is capable of revealing Knowledge to Jesus, so that Jesus ascends the status as our MASTER Teacher.  Just as Ray has learned by:::

Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, to show to his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel to his servant John:

I have posted enough to show Jesus GAINED Knowledge by the God through Revelation. Where you go with it is your choice by Will of God.

Peace and Growth
Rodger

We may not understand HOW the spirit works but we are told in the sciptures over and over that it does. 

This topic is about sharing the Word of God....you cannot share what you have not learned. Ray has expounded over and over ...you got to read what God says....and KNOW that it is true because God does not Lie.

2Ti 2:15  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Joh 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.

Luk 12:12  For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

One of the local believers has business cards printed up and when he hears babylonean threatning helll for example he simply gives it to them and tells them to read them. On the card are the verses that rebuke what they are saying.  He has several topics each with 2 to three verses printed and then just puts a few more that they can look up

he will usually just say

Eph 4:29  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Roy you really need to download  Esword It is the only thing that has helped me. 
Being raised Catholic I did not learn the verses, but I did learn Latin.  Now,  I know what the Bible says, so now I can use the search tool to find it.  I still cannot quote one chap or verse unless I am currently studying it.  But the Words remain in me.

The only reason I want to know the chapter and verse is so I can share it, so they can read the Word and the Spirit work on them. But I also know that the spirit will work even if you present the light in you. Who knows what (a rose) will provoke a person to READ THE WORD for themselves and have it revealed for the first time.

beloved

Kat

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 01:53:51 PM »

Jesus Christ was God in the flesh, filled with the Holy Spirit and one with the Father and He was perfect all the days of His life.

John 1:14  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

He was always one with the Father, even as a child religious leaders were "astonished at His understanding."

Luke 2:46  And it came to pass, that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
v. 47  And all that heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers.
v. 48  And when they saw Him, they were amazed: and His mother said unto Him, Son, why hast Thou thus dealt with us? behold, Thy father and I have sought Thee sorrowing.
v. 49  And He said unto them, How is it that ye sought Me? wist ye not that I must be about My Father's business?
v. 50  And they understood not the saying which He spake unto them.
v. 51  And He went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but His mother kept all these sayings in her heart.
v. 52  And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

Through this process "Jesus increased in wisdom and stature."  He went through the process during His life, as He was "in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin."  

Heb 4:15  For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Heb 5:8 even He also, being a Son, learned obedience from that which He suffered."

He "learned," Hebrews 2 has it another way...  "to make... perfect through sufferings."

Heb 2:10  For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

So we see Jesus was made perfect through sufferings and why was this necessary?  Because He was "the author and finisher of our faith."

Heb 12:2  looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Php 2:8  And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

Here are a couple of emails, that will add to this discussion.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=305.0 -------

First concerning Jesus,  When did he receive the Spirit of the Lord?

COMMENT:  Jesus Christ WAS CONCEIVED by the Holy Spirit!

In Is 11:1-3 it talks about the Spirit resting upon Him as opposed to those in the Old Testament whom the Spirit came upon for a specific purpose and then departed.  It appears that John had the Spirit on him until Jesus' baptism, and then it seems like it left him and resided in Jesus permanently.

COMMENT: Nonsense.

Prior to his baptism, Jesus did no recorded supernatural works, did he not have the Spirit from birth?  What is your take on this?

COMMENT: "Prior to baptism, Jesus had no recorded supernatural works..."  Oh really?  And you think that Jesus living a SINLESS LIFE as a teenager is less of a "supernatural work" than turning water into wine?

http://bible-truths.com/email5.htm -----------

Christ is the Image of the Invisible God. Christ is EVERYTHING that the Father is, only in the visible flesh of humanity.  In that respect Christ IS our Father just as Isaiah prophesied.  Jesus said to know Him is to KNOW THE FATHER. So, clearly, we know all that the Father is, THROUGH CHRIST!  And that includes FATHERHOOD. Jesus Christ not only was a man, He is now and always will be A MAN.  Notice that AFTER Jesus was resurrected and returned to the glory and splendor that He had in the beginning with God, that He is STILL called a MAN,

"For there is one God, and one Mediator of God and mankind, A MAN, Christ Jesus..." (I Tim. 2:5).

Try this: There is ONE GOD. Jesus Christ came OUT FROM God and is called the "Son OF God." The Holy Spirit comes OUT FROM God and is called the "spirit OF God." But God has bestowed on Jesus ALL THAT HE IS AND ALL THAT HE HAS, hence Jesus also has this SAME SPIRIT and therefore there is the "spirit OF Christ" which is the SAME spirit OF God. They BOTH possess the SAME SPIRIT. And as they possess the SAME SPIRIT, they are ONE!
--------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Beloved

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 06:25:46 PM »

Roy Yes I did think that you did not have E sword. I am glad that you do because it is a great study tool.

I think we may be talking about two different things. Maybe not

Many in Babylon “preach the word”, They can quote scriptures extremely well. But they present the word wrapped in lies and their man made doctrines twist it to suit their needs.  They do not understand the spiritual implications.   They are the authors of confusion .

On the other hand how does one go out and present the spiritual to those who are totally blind and deaf to it.

1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Jesus himself used this method

Mat 4:4  But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Yes our lives and actions can have impact but it is the Holy Spirit who needs to work on them.  Yes we are salt and light and study and understand the Word.

Psa 119:105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Pro 4:18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day
What they need is Faith.

Rom 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.  This is totally a work of God

Psa 33:6  By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

I see this psalm talking about those who the spirit quickens, even though a earnest, we are still in partnership with the heavenlies because the spirit of Christ dwells with us.

Do our actions mean nothing Paul tells us

Rom 15:18  For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

And John shows the elect

Rev 12:11  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death

But also says

2Co 1:18  for the word of the cross to those indeed perishing is foolishness, and to us--those being saved--it is the power of God

1 (1Co 1:21)  for, seeing in the wisdom of God the world through the wisdom knew not God, it did please God through the foolishness of the preaching to save those believing.

1Co 1:23  But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness

Ray teaches that we are to rebuke these blasphemers. He also states that only some are teachers. If you go out into the world with the intent of arguing and debating , you will not get anywhere unless you are fluent in the Word and the Spirit directs you.

However those who are NOT teachers can also do God’s work, those who God brings into your life you can plant seeds,  and teachers can water them….

but we all have to remember it is God that is making them grow, and they will not unless the soil is good.

I think people are seeing the good in your life, you can share what is giving you that Joy.

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

(1Pe 3:16)  Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

(1Pe 3:17)  For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

Ray also says, when confronted with a trial…always Do what is right in the eyes of God.  That is worship and that is true obedience.

Yes I do believe that we all have had experiences that were in a way living parables. There is nothing new under the sun.  But these too take spiritual understanding. 

The little rose is (the few and feeling alone ) surrounded by( many branches ), on a healthy plant (in good soil) it is poignant especially coming from a burly man (even if he is a horticulturist)   

But how many in the world will “really see” the spiritual connection with need for the Spirit. Nature and life is replete with examples of our Great and Wonderful  God

So yes I can see what you are talking about and sharing these stories as the seed but I also see the need for the Word of God. 

If you have not read this paper perhaps you will see what Ray says

http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm

beloved

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 06:28:43 PM »

Sorry guys! I do agree with what Rodger said! I was just looking at things from a different perspective, I guess! I'm not really opposing anything at all! I understand what you're talking about. I totally agree that the Holy Spirit was Jesus' teacher! On a human level though I do think Jesus learned a lot about our "plight" by being here from a child. Maybe I'm just on a different wavelength today! I'm totally with you, though! :D
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 07:01:23 PM »

Hi Beloved,

If i understand you correctly, one should be sure to know the Scriptures and always
use The Word properly (Spiritually) to verify any statement that is given as opposed to:

Many in Babylon “preach the word”, They can quote scriptures extremely well. But they present the word wrapped in lies and their man made doctrines twist it to suit their needs.  They do not understand the spiritual implications.   They are the authors of confusion .

On the other hand how does one go out and present the spiritual to those who are totally blind and deaf to it.

What they need is Faith.

Rom 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.  This is totally a work of God

Let me add this very important element to your discussion of The Word.

Eph 2: 8-10
8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10  For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

george. ;D

Beloved

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 07:31:26 PM »

Ninny Glad you understand, it is just a case of sharpening the sword. I am just becoming more aware of our use of word...I am not free from using them carelessing sometimes.

We have to all go through what that scary avatar of Steves says we all need to be  Unlearning what is untrue

Absoloodle George   

Eph 2: 8-10
8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10  For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them

All for the Glory of God...

beloved

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 07:39:36 PM by Beloved »

Beloved

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 08:56:27 PM »

Roy

What I posted is not meant to be a criticsim of what you are doing. Since many come here and read these posts , and the purpose of this forum is unique, what I have written is an attempt to be consistent in what Ray has written about witnessing. That is why I cited the paper.

Roy you are not going through anything different that what any of us have not struggled with. Coming out of babylon is scary. Working out these false teachings is hard. We all need to examine ourselves in everything because the beast wants back on that throne. We all want to shout from the roof tops. It it the scroll that we eat, it is sweet to the mouth but bitter to the stomach, that so many out there cannot see and hear what has been revealed to us.n.

I think the rose story is precious, and nothing to be bothered about. It was not a criticism but an observation God works in all of us differently and uses different methods at differnt times when he is working on us.

God has taken all of us over the coals and through gehenna. Many have felt a spiritual brick hit us in the side of the head, or with two by four or have been slammed down when God wants to show us some thing. It is always better to listen for the whisper. ;D

We all have to mature and grow and endure, this is a place for exhorting and for questioning.

(Eph 4:2)  With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

(Eph 4:3)  Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

(Eph 4:4)  There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

(Eph 4:5)  One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

I think that many people here have been moved by your testimony Roy and are looking forward to hearing more.

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 09:05:17 PM »

Hi Roy,

I see beloved using Scripture for every point made so far, that is the point when speaking of Spiritual things. There is Scripture that either verifies or refutes our feelings. But in order to have a basis for discussing The Word Of God; we must use The Word Of God. Otherwise we become just like any other Babylonian feeling the spirit or word of the spirit movement. That is where we came from; not where we are heading to. We are to exhort and edify the brethren, that is what we all want to do daily for each other.

Anyone can testify to things in their life; when that testimony start taking on religious meaning then exactly at that point we need Scripture that witnesses to it. Remember that Scripture establishes itself by two or three witnesses.:

Deu 17:6 
At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

Deu 19:15  One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

1Co 14:27 
If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

Rev 11:3  And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Any light that is shining must also pass this same test. Beloved is not saying that these things are not happening with you; but it must be backed by witnesses (chapter and verse) to be reliable. Else when we talk to the blind or near blind and near deaf; what is the reference point outside of us for them to check; (it must be The Scriptures).

Mat 5:16 
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

That light is the same Grace and Faith Of GOD, which is in His Word (Scriptures).

The below Scriptures are where we need to be surpassing; but first let's get the basics right.

Heb 5: 9-14
9  And being perfected, He became the Author of eternal salvation to all those who obey Him,
10  being called by God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek;
11  of whom we have much to say, and hard to be explained since you are dull of hearing.
12  For indeed because of the time, you ought to be teachers, you have need that one teach you again what are the first principles of the oracles of God. And you have become in need of milk, and not of solid food.
13  For everyone partaking of milk is unskillful in the Word of Righteousness, for he is an infant.
14  But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, even those who because of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Roy Martin

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 10:10:42 AM »

Good Day to Everyone,
As you can see,I'm back.
I couldn't sleep at all last night because of the way I reacted to your replies.Please forgive me.
  I grew up in a world of defense at all times, and from time to time this old way gets the best of me but not for long.
  I am very passionate and sensitive about the testimonies that God has given me.Maybe that's carnal,I don't know.
  Have you ever been in a room full of sinners, all on methamphetamine, all night long people coming and going, all very hurt and lonely people,not partying as some would think,but people full of pain trying to escape by dulling their pain with this drug? Its a very sad site.I know because Ive been there.
   I came out of prison on fire for God just five years ago.I had no car,no clothes or money and no home except a sister that let me stay with her.She lived 15 miles from town.I wanted desperately to find a job and find some one to help me get a landscaping business started.I couldnt get to town most of the time, no one in the church would help me. A friend finally gave me an old car,I got a job but I just wasnt getting ahead.It wasnt long until I started hanging around with old friends and the drugs and there I was back in the world that I hated.
 Its interesting how most of these people on meth. believe in God. I cant count the times that the bible and scriptures would come up and I would be asked about Gods word,(something in the bible) and they would ask how do you know thats true or something like that.These people all had respect for me and always would listen as I had to tell a story, and in these stories they would learn how the scriptures were true and how God works. Yes I was right there with them and how could I be an example,well thats an entirely different story.The point is they or some learned about God in my testimony and they know where I am today in Christ and so you see the different story has come to light to them as I see some of them in passing. I have no doubt that some if not all wants to have what God has given me.They remember the stories.
  I want to be able to pull up scriptures as easily as some of you can, but for now I have Gods Work in me in testimonies that aren't just every day stories to those that are lost and full of pain and sorrow.
  As a student of Christ, I have to use what I have for now.I will constantly grow in Gods word by seeking Him with all my heart,mind and soul..
Peace and Love to all
Roy Martin

How many times did Jesus use things of nature in his words and parables? Birds,trees,branches,fields, grass,fruit,mountains,flowers.One of His greatest prayers was in a garden.He could have said that prayer any where, but He chose the garden.
  Did I teach any of these lost people anything? No I did not.Did they learn something about Gods word from my stories( testimonies)? Yes they did.You would be surprised how many of them have read the bible or have heard them from someone.Remember that these are not people just having a good time getting high.They are in pain and its heart breaking to say the least.My testimonies were something they could relate to and see with their eyes and hear with their ears.It was up to God to take it where ever it would go.I was not teaching but being Gods tool and what a blessing it was and is.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 10:59:25 AM by Roy Martin »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.