bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: JUDE 1:9--Help?  (Read 17460 times)

daywalker

JUDE 1:9--Help?
« on: February 10, 2009, 09:01:49 PM »

Jude 1:9: Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

A little help with what this verse is about here. I don't recall if Ray ever wrote or spoke about it. I think I remember hearing that it was from a story either in the Apocrypha or one of the Jewish teachings, but my memory is failing me.  ???

Anyways, just trying to understand this verse; I tried reading the book, but it didn't help [perhaps I overlooked the answer?]

Thanks in advance.

- Daywalker.

smeacham

Re: JUDE 1:9--Help?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 12:24:09 AM »

Hi Daywalker,

I know that Ray has said that there's a good case for showing that Michael in this verse is Christ.  Other than  that, I'm not aware of him teaching on this verse.

Steve

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 12:55:29 AM »

I was a Seventh Day Adventist for 20 years..they believe and teach that Michael the archangel is Jesus. I don't know what anyone else teaches about it. I don't recall what Ray has said about it. Dennis or Kat could answer that question a lot better that I that's for sure! Here's another mystery for you..Melchizedek
His name means "King of Righteousness" Who is he? Don't know! I never have really given it much thought! Just happened to think about it in relation to your question! Gotta be somebody smarter than me!  :D
Kathy ;)

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:08:55 AM »

Hi Daywalker,

I know that Ray has said that there's a good case for showing that Michael in this verse is Christ.  Other than  that, I'm not aware of him teaching on this verse.

Steve

Hey Steve,

Yea, I've heard that for other passages, but in this verse it doesn't fit to me, because it says,

"... [Michael] durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee."

Surely, Jesus has the Authority to rebuke Satan, Himself, but perhaps I just don't understand what is happening in this verse...

There are a few places in Scripture, where it appears that the Archangel Michael is actually Jesus...

Michael = "who is like God"

Daniel 12:1-4 (Young's Literal Translation):

And at that time stand up doth Michael, the great head, who is standing up for the sons of thy people, and there hath been a time of distress, such as hath not been since there hath been a nation till that time, and at that time do thy people escape, every one who is found written in the book (lit. scroll) And the multitude of those sleeping in the dust of the ground do awake, some to life age-during, and some to reproaches -- to abhorrence age-during. And those teaching do shine as the brightness of the expanse, and those justifying the multitude as stars to the age and for ever (Hb: and beyond). And thou, O Daniel, hide the things, and seal the book till the time of the end, many do go to and fro, and knowledge is multiplied.'

Matthew 24:20-22, 27-31 (Concordant Literal New Testament:

Now be praying that your flight may not be occurring in winter, nor yet on a sabbath, for then shall be great affliction, such as has not occurred from the beginning of the world till now; neither under any circumstances may be occurring. And, except those days were discounted, no flesh at all would be saved. Yet, because of the chosen, those days shall be discounted...

For even as the lightning is coming out from the east and is appearing as far as the west, thus shall be the presence of the Son of Mankind. Wheresoever the corpse may be, there will the vultures be gathered. "Now immediately after the affliction of those days the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not be giving her beams, and the stars shall be falling from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of Mankind in heaven, and then all the tribes of the land shall grieve, and they shall see the Son of Mankind coming on the clouds of heaven with power and much glory. "And He shall be dispatching His messengers with a loud sounding trumpet, and they shall be assembling His chosen from the four winds, from the extremities of the heavens to their extremities.

Matthew 25:31, 45-46 (CLNT):

Now, whenever the Son of Mankind may be coming in His glory, and all the holy messengers with Him, then shall He be seated on the throne of His glory,...

Then shall He be answering them, saying, 'Verily, I am saying to you, In as much as you do it not to one of these, the least, neither do you it to Me.' And these shall be coming away into chastening eonian, yet the just into life eonian."

Revelation 20:13, 15 (CLNT)

And the sea gives up the dead in it, and death and the unseen give up the dead in them. And they were condemned, each in accord with their acts. And if anyone was not found written in the scroll of life (AV: book of life), he was cast into the lake of fire.

================================

Revelations 12:7-12 (CLNT):

And a battle occurred in heaven. Michael and his messengers battle with the dragon, and the dragon battles, and its messengers. And they are not strong enough for him, neither was their place still found in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, the ancient serpent called Adversary and Satan, who is deceiving the whole inhabited earth. It was cast into the earth, and its messengers were cast with it. And I hear a loud voice in heaven saying, "Just now came the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ, for the accuser of our brethren was cast out, who was accusing them before our God day and night. And they conquer him through the blood of the Lambkin, and through the word of their testimony, and they love not their soul, until death. Therefore, make merry, ye heavens, and those tabernacling in them! Woe to the land and the sea, for the Adversary descended to you having great fury, being aware that brief is the season that he has."

Revelations is a book of symbols (Rev. 1:1)...

Luke 10:17-20(CLNT):

Now the seventy-two return with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Thy name!" Yet He said to them, "I beheld Satan, as lightning, falling out of heaven. Lo! I have given you authority to be treading upon serpents and scorpions and over the entire power of the enemy, and nothing shall be injuring you under any circumstances. However, in this be not rejoicing, that the spirits are subject to you, yet be rejoicing that your names are engraven in the heavens."

This is from a personal study I started a while ago. I'm know that I'm merely scratching the surface here. But I still don't get that Michael in Jude 1:9 is Jesus Christ, seeing, as I said, that He has Authority to rebuke Satan. But again, I could just be missing the point...

Thanks for your input, Steve & Ninny.

- Daywalker.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 01:10:50 AM by daywalker »

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 01:21:34 AM »

Daywalker, Steve,

These are all the Scriptures about Michael The Archangel i could find.
I do not see that Ray has yet developed this subject so do we want
to pursue it now. ???

george. :)

Dan 10:13  But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Dan 10:21  But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

Dan 12:1  And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Jud 1:9  Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Rev 12:7  And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

george.

Ray answers an email

Archangel
« on: January 25, 2007, 04:42:27 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Ray,

I have posted my new revelations of the bible on my Myspace page and I got a response from a sister from the church I used to attend. I sent her the true meanings of scripture and no response. It seems to be a trend. I send explanations of vital Bible verses and then it is like they fall off the face of the planet. It happened to me with a guy who runs a very influential website (he even made a bet with me). It’s like he never got my email.  Anyway, just wanted to share that, but I do have a question….

Who is the archangel Michael? I don’t know, but this guy seems to be very important. Is he a mere angel or something more? Was curious about your views on this, I’m sure you have come across this question in the past. Thanks

God be with you,

Roy

Dear Roy:

We need to be careful about using words like "mere" when referring to such as Michael the ARCHANGEL.  The "ANGEL OF THE LORD" mentioned so often in Scripture is more than mere!  Likewise Jesus is in every meaning of the word, a "Messenger--Angel" of His Father.  If ARCH- signifies the very highest, (and we have no other being called an ARCHangel in Scripture except Michael [which means LIKE GOD]), then just maybe Jesus IS THAT ARCHANGEL.

God be with you, Roy,

Ray

Kat

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 01:28:40 AM »

Hi Daywalker,

Jude 1:9  Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

It seems to me that Satan is just asking for the "body of Moses" so as to reveal it's whereabouts to the Israelites.  He knew that he could lead them into all kinds of inappropriate idolizing of the remains.

Michael/Jesus did not intend for things to go that way, but did not make "accusation" about the request, He just said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 01:32:11 AM by Kat »

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 01:30:29 AM »

Hey George,
From Ray's answer to that email it seems that he isn't willing to treat the subject lightly, it seems some things should just be accepted for what they are. It's possible that Michael IS Jesus, we leave it at that. No real importance to prove or disprove it. It says what it says, if God wants us to understand it then at some point He will bring it out. some FUTURE point maybe? :D That's just the way God works everything, in HIS own good time! ;D
Kathy ;)

mharrell08

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 09:50:30 AM »

Hey Steve,

Yea, I've heard that for other passages, but in this verse it doesn't fit to me, because it says,

"... [Michael] durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee."

Surely, Jesus has the Authority to rebuke Satan, Himself, but perhaps I just don't understand what is happening in this verse...

Daywalker,

A 'railing accusation' is not the same as rebuking. The greek word for 'railing' is blasphēmia, which of course is translated time and again as 'blasphemy', 16 times actually. It is only translated 'railing' one other time which is in 1 Tim 6:4.

1 Tim 6:4  He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings

Now remember the apostles' witness of our Lord:

1 Pet 2:21-22  For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

1 John 3:5  And ye know that he [Christ] was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Also remember, Christ referred to His Father in Heaven as not only Father, but also God and Lord:

Matt 4:7  Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Matt 4:10  Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve

Matt 22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mark 12:29-30  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment

The greek word for 'accusation' is krisis, which is translated 'judgment', 41 times. It is translated as 'accusation' only one other time, and yep wouldn't you know, in 2 Pet 2:11. This scripture also has the word 'railing' in it, though it is translated from blasphēmos.

2 Pet 2:11  Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord

So 'blasphēmia' which is translated to 'railing' in Jude 1:9 is a feminine noun, according to Strong's concordance. And blasphēmos is translated to 'railing' in 2 Pet 2:11 is an adjective. But both mean to BLASPHEMY, which is something Michael [Gk. 'who is like God'] would not do, seeing our Lord does not speak evil from his mouth.

My personal opinion, and kind of goes along with what Ray hints to in his email, is that 'Michael' may not be a 'name' per se, but a title. Similar to Antipas from Rev 2:13 which means 'Like the Father'.

Excerpt from Lake of Fire series #11 (http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html):

WHO IS ANTIPAS?

"I know your works and where you DWELL, even where SATAN’S SEAT [throne] is: and you hold fast My name, and have not denied My faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr [Gk: ‘witness’], who was slain among you, WHERE SATAN DWELLS" (Rev. 2:13).

But how do we know that this is Jerusalem, and not the literal city of Pergamos to whom this message is addressed?

Because God gives us the same proof as when He tells us that,

"their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, WHERE also our Lord was crucified" (Re. 11:8 ).

And "where" was that? Jerusalem.

Where ever "Antipas" was martyred, is where Satan dwells and has his throne. But just who is Antipas? "Antipas" is not translated. It is the same word in the Greek Manuscripts. It is a compound word: "antee" and "pas." Antee carries the meaning of being ‘in place of another,’ and pas is from pater meaning ‘father.’ And so Antipas is speaking of one who is here in the place of his father. Who might that be?

"I came forth FROM the Father…" (John 16:28).

"Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He was come FROM God, and went to God" (John 13:3).

"But now I go My way to Him that SENT ME..." (John 16;5).

"No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is IN THE BOSOM of the Father, he has declared [unfolded or revealed] Him" (John 1:18).

"Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, you would love Me; for I PROCEEDED FORTH AND CAME FROM God; neither came I of Myself, but He sent Me" (John 8:42).

"God… has in these last days SPOKEN UNTO US BY HIS SON…" (Heb. 1-1-2).

It is absolutely Scripturally clear that it is Jesus Christ who came "in the place of" His Father to reveal His Father to us. Jesus Christ is the Antipas.

The phrase "faithful martyr" is a proper translation, however the word translated "martyr" is from the Greek martus and is translated martyr only three times, but is translated "witness" twenty-nine times, for that is what its meaning is—a witness.

So Antipas, has come in the place of the Father. And Antipas is God’s faithful witness. And Who does the Scripture tell us is the "faithful witness" of God? Answer:

"And from JESUS CHRIST, Who IS THE FAITHFUL WITNESS…" (Rev. 1:5).

And Antipas, Jesus Christ, was martyred IN JERUSALEM. Satan’s throne and dwelling place is in JERUSALEM!

Sorry, it's pretty early in the morning...don't know if I put all this in the order I meant. Just PM me if I need to be in more detail. Thanks

Marques
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:56:19 AM by mharrell08 »

Harry

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 10:04:12 AM »

Hi guy's,

I just want to say that I think Kat made an excellent point.  It appeared to me anyway that she was seeing the verse in a way that didn't present a problem with Michael and Jesus being one.  The way I interpreted what she said was,  Michael/The Lord...did not bring a railing accusation.... but only rebuked him.  At least that's how I took what she said.  Certainly it seems that there must be a difference between a "Railing accusation" and a "Rebuke" ???  If that is the correct way to interpret the verse...this verse would confirm Michael as being the Lord.

Harry

Kat

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 12:37:52 PM »

Hi Harry,

Jude 1:9  Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Yes that is what I meant.  I took a simple approach.  Believing that this Michael is Jesus Christ and He knows the end from the beginning (Isa. 46:10), then there was no need for a "railing accusation" (Strong's - condemnation, damnation, judgment)  Because He knew that Satan would not get his desire, as this was not in the plan of God.  But Christ did "rebuke" (Strong's -  admonish; by implication forbid) Satan for even making the request.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

daywalker

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 12:38:40 PM »

Hey Marques,

WOW! I didn't even think about looking up the Greek Words [idk y?], that clears up a lot! Thanks. Gosh, I forget sometimes how the meaning Scriptures can be altered or hidden by the way a word is translated...

Your explanation was superb!  ;) Obviously, Jesus would never "blaspheme". Thanks a bunch! [And yes, I do recall "Antipas", that was an amazing revelation when I read it in Ray's LOF]

I will do more study tonight on this subject. Thanks to everyone who took the time to post. You guys rocK!

- Daywalker.  :D

Daywalker,

A 'railing accusation' is not the same as rebuking. The greek word for 'railing' is blasphēmia, which of course is translated time and again as 'blasphemy', 16 times actually. It is only translated 'railing' one other time which is in 1 Tim 6:4.

1 Tim 6:4  He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings

Now remember the apostles' witness of our Lord:

1 Pet 2:21-22  For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

1 John 3:5  And ye know that he [Christ] was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Also remember, Christ referred to His Father in Heaven as not only Father, but also God and Lord:

Matt 4:7  Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Matt 4:10  Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve

Matt 22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mark 12:29-30  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment

The greek word for 'accusation' is krisis, which is translated 'judgment', 41 times. It is translated as 'accusation' only one other time, and yep wouldn't you know, in 2 Pet 2:11. This scripture also has the word 'railing' in it, though it is translated from blasphēmos.

2 Pet 2:11  Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord

So 'blasphēmia' which is translated to 'railing' in Jude 1:9 is a feminine noun, according to Strong's concordance. And blasphēmos is translated to 'railing' in 2 Pet 2:11 is an adjective. But both mean to BLASPHEMY, which is something Michael [Gk. 'who is like God'] would not do, seeing our Lord does not speak evil from his mouth.

My personal opinion, and kind of goes along with what Ray hints to in his email, is that 'Michael' may not be a 'name' per se, but a title. Similar to Antipas from Rev 2:13 which means 'Like the Father'.

Excerpt from Lake of Fire series #11 (http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html):

WHO IS ANTIPAS?

"I know your works and where you DWELL, even where SATAN’S SEAT [throne] is: and you hold fast My name, and have not denied My faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr [Gk: ‘witness’], who was slain among you, WHERE SATAN DWELLS" (Rev. 2:13).

But how do we know that this is Jerusalem, and not the literal city of Pergamos to whom this message is addressed?

Because God gives us the same proof as when He tells us that,

"their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, WHERE also our Lord was crucified" (Re. 11:8 ).

And "where" was that? Jerusalem.

Where ever "Antipas" was martyred, is where Satan dwells and has his throne. But just who is Antipas? "Antipas" is not translated. It is the same word in the Greek Manuscripts. It is a compound word: "antee" and "pas." Antee carries the meaning of being ‘in place of another,’ and pas is from pater meaning ‘father.’ And so Antipas is speaking of one who is here in the place of his father. Who might that be?

"I came forth FROM the Father…" (John 16:28).

"Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He was come FROM God, and went to God" (John 13:3).

"But now I go My way to Him that SENT ME..." (John 16;5).

"No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is IN THE BOSOM of the Father, he has declared [unfolded or revealed] Him" (John 1:18).

"Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, you would love Me; for I PROCEEDED FORTH AND CAME FROM God; neither came I of Myself, but He sent Me" (John 8:42).

"God… has in these last days SPOKEN UNTO US BY HIS SON…" (Heb. 1-1-2).

It is absolutely Scripturally clear that it is Jesus Christ who came "in the place of" His Father to reveal His Father to us. Jesus Christ is the Antipas.

The phrase "faithful martyr" is a proper translation, however the word translated "martyr" is from the Greek martus and is translated martyr only three times, but is translated "witness" twenty-nine times, for that is what its meaning is—a witness.

So Antipas, has come in the place of the Father. And Antipas is God’s faithful witness. And Who does the Scripture tell us is the "faithful witness" of God? Answer:

"And from JESUS CHRIST, Who IS THE FAITHFUL WITNESS…" (Rev. 1:5).

And Antipas, Jesus Christ, was martyred IN JERUSALEM. Satan’s throne and dwelling place is in JERUSALEM!

Sorry, it's pretty early in the morning...don't know if I put all this in the order I meant. Just PM me if I need to be in more detail. Thanks

Marques

smeacham

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »

I don't know about you others, but THIS is the way I think these forums are supposed to work.  Without breaking forum rules in any way, we've helped one another apply principles that HAVE been taught to get a clearer understanding of God's Word.

Well Done!
Steve

aqrinc

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 04:21:49 PM »

Marques, Kathy, Steve, Kat, Daywalker, Harry,

Buying the field (we have bought the field) now we keep searching for The
Hidden Treasures Put there by Our Lord And Saviour And King Jesus Christ.

Just finished reading the Book of Ruth, all 4 chapters. This thread led me back to those
Scriptures; it would do well for anyone who sees this thread to go and read again.

george ;D

daywalker

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 04:22:27 PM »

I don't know about you others, but THIS is the way I think these forums are supposed to work.  Without breaking forum rules in any way, we've helped one another apply principles that HAVE been taught to get a clearer understanding of God's Word.

Well Done!
Steve

True that, Steve!  ;D

That's what sets this forum above every other. That's how I know we're headed the right way.

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »

These are some of the different definitions from strongs re: Michael.
There may be others but it starts to wander so i only used these.

H4317
מיכאל
mîykâ'êl
me-kaw-ale'
From H4310 and (the prefixed derivation from) H3588 and H410; who (is) like God?; Mikael, the name of an archangel and of nine Israelites: - Michael.

H4310
מי
mîy
me
An interrogitive pronoun of persons, as H4100 is of things, who? (occasionally, by a peculiar idiom, of things); also (indefinitely) whoever; often used in oblique construction with prefix or suffix: - any (man), X he, X him, + O that! what, which, who (-m, -se, -soever), + would to God.

H410
אל
'êl
ale
Shortened from H352; strength; as adjective mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity): - God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might (-y one), power, strong. Compare names in “-el.”

H352
איל
'ayil
ah'-yil
From the same as H193; properly strength; hence anything strong; specifically a chief (politically); also a ram (from his strength); a pilaster (as a strong support); an oak or other strong tree: - mighty (man), lintel, oak, post, ram, tree.

H193
אוּל
'ûl
ool
From an unused root meaning to twist, that is, (by implication) be strong; the body (as being rolled together) also powerful: - mighty, strength.

H3588
כּי
kîy
kee
A primitive particle (the full form of the prepositional prefix) indicating causal relations of all kinds, antecedent or consequent; (by implication) very widely used as a relative conjugation or adverb; often largely modified by other particles annexed: - and, + (forasmuch, inasmuch, where-) as, assured [-ly], + but, certainly, doubtless, + else, even, + except, for, how, (because, in, so, than) that, + nevertheless, now, rightly, seeing, since, surely, then, therefore, + (al-) though, + till, truly, + until, when, whether, while, who, yea, yet,

george. :)

sms163

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 07:10:36 PM »

Certainly if Christ can do nothing apart from his Father neither can Michael apart from his Lord.

XxMYKLxX

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 06:45:56 AM »

Michael= who is like/(with)God?..maybe, through Christ/Annointed of/with the Holy Spirit  power/force of God.
 I've heard of St. Michael the Archangel... as a baby I was baptised by the Catholic church.
also Saint Michael & the Archangel.. I've seen it written many ways.
I guess the most Important Angel is.. the angel of the Lord.

daywalker

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 02:42:07 PM »

Michael= who is like/(with)God?..maybe, through Christ/Annointed of/with the Holy Spirit  power/force of God.
 I've heard of St. Michael the Archangel... as a baby I was baptised by the Catholic church.
also Saint Michael & the Archangel.. I've seen it written many ways.
I guess the most Important Angel is.. the angel of the Lord.

Yeah.. I am one of those who believes that Michael the archangel is actually [a symbol for] Jesus Christ. I provided several scriptures on the last page in case you hadn't already read em.. interesting topic no doubt..

Daywalker  8)

Lorine

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 09:59:25 PM »

???
Michael is an archangel, the angel of the Lord. Jesus is the Lord of glory.  Wouldn't Michael be his angel?

Also I noticed the question Ninny had about "Who is Melchizedek".
Since he is without Father or Mother, and has no beginning of days
nor ending of life and is the Priest of Salem (the city of Peace) I always figured it must be God himself as I never heard of anyone  else who would fit that description.

What other insight does anyone have on Melchizedek, I'd be interested to hear.
Lorine

Marky Mark

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 01:02:31 PM »

???
Michael is an archangel, the angel of the Lord. Jesus is the Lord of glory.  Wouldn't Michael be his angel?

Also I noticed the question Ninny had about "Who is Melchizedek".
Since he is without Father or Mother, and has no beginning of days
nor ending of life and is the Priest of Salem (the city of Peace) I always figured it must be God himself as I never heard of anyone  else who would fit that description.

What other insight does anyone have on Melchizedek, I'd be interested to hear.
Lorine

Hello Lorine.

I believe this may expound on what you are stating. My belief is that Jesus is above all angels.

From the CLV

Heb 1:1 By many portions and many modes, of old, God, speaking to the fathers in the prophets,
Heb 1:2 in the last of these days speaks to us in a Son, Whom He appoints enjoyer of the allotment of all, through Whom He also makes the eons;"
Heb 1:3 Who, being the Effulgence of His glory and Emblem of His assumption, besides carrying on all by His powerful declaration, making a cleansing of sins, is seated at the right hand of the Majesty in the heights;"
Heb 1:4 becoming so much better than the messengers as He enjoys the allotment of a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:5 For to whom of the messengers said He at any time, "My Son art Thou! I, today, have begotten Thee"? And again, "I shall be to Him for a Father And He shall be to Me for a Son"?
Heb 1:6 Now, whenever He may again be leading the Firstborn into the inhabited earth, He is saying: And worship Him, all the messengers of God!"
Heb 1:7 And, indeed, to the messengers He is saying, "Who is making His messengers blasts, And His ministers a flame of fire."
Heb 1:8 Yet to the Son: "Thy throne, O God, is for the eon of the eon, And a scepter of rectitude is the scepter of Thy kingdom."
Heb 1:9 Thou lovest righteousness and hatest injustice; Therefore Thou art anointed by God, Thy God, with the oil of exultation beyond Thy partners."
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, originally, Lord, dost found the earth, And the heavens are the works of Thy hands."
Heb 1:11 They shall perish, yet Thou art continuing, And all, as a cloak, shall be aged,
Heb 1:12 And, as if clothing, wilt Thou be rolling them up. As a cloak also shall they change. Yet Thou art the same, And Thy years shall not be defaulting."
Heb 1:13 Now to which of the messengers has He declared at any time, "Sit at My right, till I should be placing Thine enemies for a footstool for Thy feet"?

Peace...Mark
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.