bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Have Never Been Unloved  (Read 5315 times)

smeacham

I Have Never Been Unloved
« on: February 12, 2009, 06:25:42 PM »

I'm one of those people that can't pick a single "best friend," but has four of them.  I have no idea what my favorite movie is, or my favorite song.  My favorite book of the Bible is whatever I'm readying today.  But...

I have been hooked on this song, sung by Michael W. Smith ever since a couple of weeks before I first posted on this forum.  Since I'm still loving it, and it still gives me warm fuzzies, I felt it was time to share at least the lyrics with my new family.  It's probably available on YouTube to listen to, also.

Never Been Unloved (Bruce's Song)
===
I have been unfaithful
I have been unworthy
I have been unrighteous
And I have been unmerciful

I have been unreachable
I have been unteachable
I have been unwilling
And I have been undesirable

Chorus:

Sometimes, I have been unwise
Ive been undone by what Im unsure of
But because of you, and all that you went through
I know that I have never been unloved

I have been unbroken
I have been unmended
I have been uneasy
And Ive been unapproachable

Ive been unemotional
Ive been unexceptional
Ive been undecided
And I have been unqualified

Chorus:
Unaware, I have been unfair
Ive been unfit for blessings from above
But even I can see the sacrifice you made for me
To show that I have never been unloved

Steve

Ninny

Re: I Have Never Been Unloved
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 07:49:04 PM »

Steve, those are definitely comforting words!
Kathy :)

Heidi

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 03:14:30 AM »

Love never fails.....a concept that we (all humans) have difficulty in understanding.  But praise be to God that He loves us, even while we where yet sinners.

rockrdude

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 08:48:01 AM »

Wow.. This song hits home... What powerful lyrics! I might have to get this CD.

I've been blown away by a different song lately ("Faithful One" by Cliff Richard), and it is not one most people have heard.

I haven't played Michael W Smith for quite some time, but if he's doing songs like this, I'll be playing his music again very soon! This might be my next 'blown away' song. Thanks for sharing this, Steve!  :)

Daddysgirl

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 09:26:22 AM »

Steve

Beautiful song.
As a side question, I have a small pile of gospel CD's from the populists- your Michael W Smith, Donny Mckluckin, and the likes. I also have sermon DVD's mostly of my ex-favourite TD Jakes. I have not listened nor watched them since discovering BT, no desire at all(I have been OUT OF HER in every way i know of) and although i know that with music you can sort of pick and chose songs that go in line with scripture, with babylonian sermons you will almost always find a line or two that just messes up even the grandest sermon. I cant with good conscience give any of these to anyone, so do i throw the whole chunk away? I have no problem with doing that with sermon DVD's(infact i consider them a pile of junk anyway), just wondering with Music- should i pick and chose or is it a case of one rotten potato spoiling the rest?

Thanks,
Matty
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:16:05 AM by Daddysgirl »

rockrdude

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 09:54:41 AM »

Matty,

My favorite song right now has one line in it that doesn't sit well with me (But there's an empty tomb, a love for all who come And give their hearts to You).. but I still love the song. I know God's love is not limited to those who 'give their hearts to Him'. I understand that a little leaven ruins the whole lump, but I still find the song to be an amazing thing.. and it is amazing. I am sure the writer and the performer genuinely love the Lord.. as He has been revealed to them.

I admittedly threw away my old sermon tapes and books, although for a while I did keep a few as I often saw what was being said and discovered the Bible actually taught the opposite (T.D. Jakes included). The difficult part was not letting what was being taught in the books taint the truth.. and over time, I have pretty much gotten rid of everything that is not truth. Why bother looking at stuff like that, when I have the Bible? And then, I made it more fun by printing up pretty much all of Ray's teachings.. and now there's plenty of truth to read!

As for the music CDs, it is kind of up to you. I am a music CD dealer, and a LOT of "Christian music" gives me the ickies. But.. I do love finding the occasional gem of a song that worships the Lord and that is not unscriptural in the process. I still deal in the "Christian" CDs. I also deal in mainstream music. Honestly.. I find more truth in the mainstream music than I do in the "Christian" music, sad to say.

In the end, if you find the music to be too tainted for you to listen to, then by all means get rid of it (don't throw it away though). If it is a stumbling block to you, you don't need it. If it isn't a stumbling block, then pick and choose the good and ignore the rest. (You'll get too uncomfortable listening to it if you're not supposed to.)

This is only my opinion.. and I hope this helps. God has given me a love for good music, and over time He has helped me learn to enjoy it in moderation.. spiritually and physically. :)

smeacham

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 11:07:13 AM »

Steve

Beautiful song.
As a side question, I have a small pile of gospel CD's from the populists- your Michael W Smith, Donny Mckluckin, and the likes. I also have sermon DVD's mostly of my ex-favourite TD Jakes. I have not listened nor watched them since discovering BT, no desire at all(I have been OUT OF HER in every way i know of) and although i know that with music you can sort of pick and chose songs that go in line with scripture, with babylonian sermons you will almost always find a line or two that just messes up even the grandest sermon. I cant with good conscience give any of these to anyone, so do i throw the whole chunk away? I have no problem with doing that with sermon DVD's(infact i consider them a pile of junk anyway), just wondering with Music- should i pick and chose or is it a case of one rotten potato spoiling the rest?

Thanks,
Matty

I can't decide for you, but I'll tell you what I do...

One principle I go by is that if I don't believe a thing is good for me (it's broken, it's wrong, it's evil, etc), I will not give/sell it to another.  Since I have a large barn and pack-rat tendencies, this means that books usually goes into long-term storage.  The exception is totally out-of-date or contemporary-garbage books (sometimes).  Audio tapes and disks usually go to the curb.

One exception I made once upon a time was for non-Christian music.  I stored it for the longest time, and I'm so glad that I did!  We are now free to listen to it again, in moderation.  That has been a joy!

Finally, as for Christian Music.  We have around 50-100 albums of this stuff.  What I've found is that most of it is still good.  With the notable exception of Carman, the lyrics are rarely overtly anti-Bible-Truths.  What sometimes happens is they'll sing one thing, and the songwriter surely thought it means one thing, but it means something totally different to me.  For example:

In the Song: "But there's an empty tomb, a love for all who come And give their hearts to You"
What I Think: "Yes, what a Love!  Because of that Love, EVERYONE WILL EVENTUALLY COME AND GIVE THEIR HEARTS TO YOU"

See?  I'm good with it.

Please be advised...it's been pointed out on these forums a couple of time, correctly, that I have a lot to learn in the realm of discernment.  I may be wrong.  Your mileage may vary.  Content may settle during shipment.  No other warranty expressed or implied. Poster does not carry cash, and do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment.

This supersedes all previous notices...
Steve

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 02:46:02 AM »

matty,
i don't know if you have this available or not where you live, but i just recycled all of my old "christian" books and cd's also (plastic covers and all). that way, they can all be recycled into something more useful.

claudia

EKnight

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 11:20:31 PM »

I downloaded it to my ipod.  :)

Eileen

smeacham

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 02:08:14 PM »

I downloaded it to my ipod.  :)

Eileen

I often walk to work, which is just 1 mile away.  It helps me to keep my legs strong.  I often listen to this song over and over.

Steve

EKnight

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 08:51:19 PM »

I often walk to work, which is just 1 mile away.  It helps me to keep my legs strong.  I often listen to this song over and over.

That's exactly what I did today. I don't walk but I just put my ipod on repeat all the way to work (25 min) and all the way home.   :)

Eileen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.