bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Home Computers in 2004  (Read 9098 times)

smeacham

Home Computers in 2004
« on: February 12, 2009, 06:36:49 PM »

I know I'm five years behind with this model, but 2004 computers are still way newer a lot of the stuff where I work.  I think I'll ask my management to upgrade:

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/lecy0013/architecture/old-computer.jpg

I sent this link to a few friends at work, who sent it to a few friends, and so on.  I just found out that an executive (above the level of my boss' boss' boss) liked it so much, he's included it in some security presentation in Washington DC today.  The same day I sent it just for fun!

Hope you find it funny too,
Steve

deftarchangel

Re: Home Computers in 2004
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 08:07:16 PM »

Man, that still looks smaller than the computer I'm using now, and that monitor is still bigger than mine!!!!   >:(   I bet that big wheel thingy would be great for playing NASCAR and other racing games on the computer, or if your into playing bus-driving or cruise-liner simulators!  Otherwise....what the heck would you use it for?   

smeacham

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 08:15:42 PM »

The whole thing, including the wheel, is from a nuclear submarine's maneuvering room, with controls for power, electrical, and steam systems.

Steve

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 09:09:56 PM »

That's hilarious!  My modem is steam-powered though, so I want me one of those wheels.

Still waiting for flying cars, too.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Falconn003

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 09:43:50 PM »

Man, that still looks smaller than the computer I'm using now, and that monitor is still bigger than mine!!!!   >:(   I bet that big wheel thingy would be great for playing NASCAR and other racing games on the computer, or if your into playing bus-driving or cruise-liner simulators!  Otherwise....what the heck would you use it for?   

That wheel is for the HARD drive ....  ;D

Rodger

musicman

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 09:47:25 PM »

Ha, what a looser.  After 5 minutes of loading the page on my computer, I could finally see how big  that proto type computer is.  And my steering wheel mouse is half that big.  

I still don't get it:

In the movie "Space Odyssey" we had traveled to Mars with artificial intelligence in 2001.  And I think Doc Brown's gonna be p'd if we don't have flying cars in the next 6 years.  

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 10:41:01 PM »

I worked in the Auto Industry for 27 years, had been saying we would have
flying cars within 10 to 15 years since 1982. I have seen a lot of flying cars,
most times at the Nascar or Indy Racing series (upside down).

As for the computers, i still have 6" floppys from my commodore vic 20.
The other stuff is way too old to talk about.

george. ;D

smeacham

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 01:27:50 AM »

Vic 20 was my first home computer!  All 3.5k (5k if you turn off the operating system).

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 01:49:03 AM »

For a little history lesson, remember the first 1mb hard drive, that was supposed to
be the most humongous storage capacity ever for a home computer. ???

george. ;D :-X

smeacham

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 01:52:27 AM »

I never had one less than 10Mb.  I stuck with floppies too long, I guess.

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 02:04:27 AM »

You modern guy with your oversized computer disk drives. :o My first 10mb drive
cost a ton of money way back in the day. I also built comps for sale in the 80s
and 90s, they were expensive then, how about 200 baud modems ???

george. ;) ;D

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »

Oh man! This stuff is crazy! Those people back then had NO idea how far we'd go! Ha!I sometimes think we should be a LOT more technologically advanced than we are. I had such faith in us!! I really thought we'd have those flying cars and man what a bummer! But hey I'm glad the computer came a long way, baby! Just think what it would be trying to carry your laptop around you'd have to have it set up in a van! Back in the early days of the computer they never dreamed that so much technology would be possible. It really is mind boggling how far we've come in the last 50 years. Now we're going digital! heehee! ;)
Kathy :D

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 02:18:16 AM »

i have praised our Father many times for my computer (laptop). through the awesome advances of technology, we were able to learn from God through this website that hell was a lie and free will was a lie and the secret rapture was a lie and our carnel flesh is the beast and revelations is ALL spiritual symbols, and and and and so much more !!! our Creator used the internet to show His True Light and Love. and we have all come together on the forum to meet, greet, and learn we are His family.

thank you heavenly Father for giving the knowledge to create a thing called the internet. and thank you Father for an awesome and faithful roofer named ray smith, and his best friend and brother in Christ named dennis vogel. amen.

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 10:12:24 AM »

Amen to that! Ray would be lost without his best buddy Dennis! Dennis, do yo realize how important you are to him? In all of the audios he calls out to you when he has a technical problem! I know you mean a lot more to him than being his techie!  ;) You are really his right hand man!
Kathy :-*

EKnight

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 10:34:08 AM »

It's not a flying car, but the wings fold and you can tow it with your car.  The price is that of some cars ($139,000).

http://www.iconaircraft.com/Experience-ICON.html

So Doc Brown might be impressed.

Eileen

EKnight

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 11:02:47 AM »

Ninny

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 11:46:15 AM »

Oh MAN! those guys are completely insane!! No way! That is NUTS!!!
Kathy :o

aqrinc

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 03:53:30 PM »

Yup, Insane :o but it looks like fun too. ;D

george. ;D

deftarchangel

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 04:35:28 PM »

I actually learned from one of the great pioneers in windsuit flying a very hard lesson: if you're not paying attention to what you're doing, it could all go horribly wrong.  View this clip to see what I mean (not for the feint of heart  ;)).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9XZUzVMAzk

I also learned from this genius's adventures of trial and error that catching a decent meal in the desert is not always as easy as it seems. 

:D

aqrinc

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 05:57:35 PM »

Ouch  ??? :-X, clear your path before you check your six. :o

george.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.