bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confusing scriptures  (Read 13834 times)

Marky Mark

Re: Confusing scriptures
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 12:11:40 PM »

Kat,right on.  Hope it helps Judy.

Luke 20:38: For He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him."

This verse also reminds me of this paper from Brother Ray,

"You Fools! You Hypocrites! You Snakes!"

http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm

LET THE DEAD BURY THEIR DEAD

"And another of His disciples said unto Him, Lord, allow me first to go and bury my father. But Jesus said unto him, Follow Me, and LET THE DEAD BURY THEIR DEAD" (Matt. 8:21-22).

Do you think maybe that disciple was offended by his Master’s words? Jesus was saying that those preparing this funeral and burial were as dead as the corpse they were about to bury! Jesus asked this disciple to "follow Me" and let dead people take care of dead matters. But consider that this was the disciple’s own father. Are we not to "Honor our father and mother?" Of course we are, but when Jesus asks us to follow Him then our allegiance to our parents, children, or loved ones take second place to that command. We must be willing to forsake all to follow Jesus! Jesus was leading this disciple to things of life, while this particular disciple desired to sooner attend to things of death. One cannot serve two masters.

Peace...   Mark

judith collier

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 11:20:13 PM »

O.K. Kat, Marky M., Marques and ROGER, I have no problem with all of this up to the point Roger got into his WHOAS! No, I would never want anyone to MAKE ME FEEL GOOD and you don't have to worry about that as a chosen few here make darn sure that doesn't go on. I do appreciate ALL that you guys put into this and what my main problem keeps going back to is spiritual to spiritual and spiritual to physical, I believe it but as of yet it does not always click in when I need it, it is still new to me and like any child and even adults, repetition is sometimes needed. Thank you,  Now, what about those other verses Matt. 27 vs. 52 and 53? Not fighting just curious. Judy

mharrell08

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 11:36:46 PM »

O.K. Kat, Marky M., Marques and ROGER, I have no problem with all of this up to the point Roger got into his WHOAS! No, I would never want anyone to MAKE ME FEEL GOOD and you don't have to worry about that as a chosen few here make darn sure that doesn't go on. I do appreciate ALL that you guys put into this and what my main problem keeps going back to is spiritual to spiritual and spiritual to physical, I believe it but as of yet it does not always click in when I need it, it is still new to me and like any child and even adults, repetition is sometimes needed. Thank you,  Now, what about those other verses Matt. 27 vs. 52 and 53? Not fighting just curious. Judy

Matt 27:52-53  And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,658.0.html):

Dear Reynolds:  You have to learn to read more carefully. Notice it says: "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves AFTER HIS [Jesus'] resurrection..."

These were saints that had recently died, and who could be easily recognized by many, hence proving that God can not only raise His Son from the dead, but anyone He wishes.  These saints were resurrected back to mortal life (they were not "vivified" as is used in reference to life of immortality). They died again as did Lazarus and all others that were resurrected from the dead by Jesus and the apostles. And no, this this not contradict Heb. 11:39 or any other Scripture of the Bible.

God be with you,

Ray

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7477.0.html):

Dear Mark:  No, bodies can't walk around without their spirit. It is the spirit that gives LIFE to the body.  There is more that we can learn from some of the words used in relation to these resurrected saints' bodies:

Mat 27:53 And2532 came1831 out of1537 the3588 graves3419 after3326 his846 resurrection,1454 and went1525 into1519 the3588 holy40 city,4172 and2532 appeared1718 unto many.4183
Notice that they "appeared" to many. That word is from Strong's #1718, emphanizao, and it means, "to exhibit (in person) or disclose (by words): - appear, declare (plainly), inform, (will) manifest, shew, signify."

And so to "emphanizao" means to exhibit IN PERSON, to disclose BY WORDS, etc. This can also be seen in other verses of Scripture in which this word is used to describe sentient communication. Example: In Heb. 11:4 "emphanizao" is translated "declare plainly."  Clearly this is a real live "person" and not some walking zombie as you suggest.  Hope this helps your understanding a little.
God be with you,
Ray

Email reply from Ray(http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,86.msg299.html#msg299):

Dear Cesar:

Those resurrected at the time of Christ's crucifixion were saints well-known in Jerusalem. Jesus had publically stated that He is the resurrection. The resurrection of these saints was proof of His statement.

These saints were resurrected physically, so that they could be seen by those who knew them and who knew that they had died. They were not given immortal bodies at that time, and hence, just like Lazarus, died again. In the resurrection to eonian life, the saints are given SPIRITUAL bodies and immortality, not physical life (I Cor.15: 44).

God be with you,

Ray

2 Tim 2:17-19  And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. [this iniquity including teaching that 'the resurrection is past already']

1 Cor 15:12-14  Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

Let's all try to exihibit patience...those who answer AND those who are seeking. Let's spend more time seeking/answering than always trying to critique one another. We lose more members from 'critiques' than any doctrinal issue.

Marques

judith collier

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 11:48:17 PM »

Marques, got that one. Thanks Judy

mharrell08

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 11:49:40 PM »

Marques, got that one. Thanks Judy

No problem...all glory to God.  :)

Marques
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.