bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Just thrown for a loop. God and His mystries ways  (Read 6843 times)

winner08

Just thrown for a loop. God and His mystries ways
« on: February 12, 2009, 10:47:12 PM »

greetings everyone,
             I just wanted to tell y'all how God works in mystries ways in my life. Today, Just a few min. ago I was listening to Ray's audio on worship. Now check this out. My friend, who is staying here with us (my wife and I) for a while, came in my room and said, can I talk with you and I said yes. She said do you believe that sometimes God will give a message to someone for you. I said yes I do believe that God uses people for all kinds of reasons. Well she said she had a message from God for me. OK,The Lord told her that what I am doing here on Ray's site, reading and studying and conversing with other here is great and the Lord is happy with me in doing this. However The Lord told her that I need to worship Him more often. To talk and pray to Him more often. Now the really weired part is that I have been praying almost everynight and just talking to Him, asking Him to change my heart, to write His ways in my heart, To give me wisdom to understand His word. Also,I pray for Ray and ask God to give Him strength. To protect him and help him. Also to bless BT and that we may continue to learn. But I have to admit I do not know how to worship. In my head I can worship, With my mouth, But my heart is a different story. I once wrote a post where I explained that I felt like the biggest hypocrite cause I did not feel that deep true meaning of love that many here have for God. I felt like I just payed lip service, and I was really upset about it. There's nothing more I want. I want that feeling of deep true love. I am really upset about this. What my friend had told me just a few min. ago really confirmed my feelings. That I need help. I need to do more. I need to learn how to worship the Lord. I need to learn how to worship the Lord with all my heart and all my soul. My heart that is the key. Anyways I just wanted to share this with y'all and to let y'all know that I am asking for help. If anyone has any info on my situation besides Ray's audio on worship please drop me a line.

Thanks everybody and my God grant you a long and a healthy life that's full of His spirit and wisdom.
Darren
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:12:57 AM by winner08 »

aqrinc

Re: Just thrown for a loop. God and His mystries ways
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 11:04:54 PM »

Hi Darren,

Without too much information to go on, i have three questions at this point
before trying to answer.

1: Exactly how did she say you were supposed to worship more.

2: How did she communicate with The Lord and get the message for you.

3. Where does she worship or attend church.

george. ???

PM me if you wish.

britt

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 12:09:48 AM »

Darren,

The devil works through accusations such as you don't worship enough. Don't you find this odd that the accusation came at the time you were studying and worshiping god? Why would god interrupt your time with him to tell you that you need to spend more time with him? If you have been praying everynight according to god's will to change you then it will come about in his timing. Don't beat yourself up, it's a process. He makes all things beautiful in his time. You say that you want a heart of worship more than anything, and god's word say's that the lord looks at the heart, that he searches the heart, so if you worshiped with your mouth and head guess what? You worshiped with your heart and god saw it. You don't need to do more, just let god have the steering wheel of your life and rejoyce that he will do all he has promised in his word. Including making you more like him.

With love,

Britt   

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 12:11:17 AM »

Darren, I don't know if this will be any help for you but I will tell you what helps me. Right, before I found out the truth I was spending one on one time with him. I had been ill and not going to church for over a year. Now, they tell us going to church is for worship. For me it was not what worked. When, I got alone with him I could hear what he was saying. I know, that Jesus talked to his Father alot . He was dependent on him he had a humble and contrite spirit.

Well, after all my time listening to him he led me to questioning the church. He then led me into Ray's website. Wow, I thought I worshiped him in church but I would come home and feel empty and depressed. I use to sing solos and come home and feel terrible something just was not right. I felt like a hypocrite. When, I realized I did not know God, I was blind and could not hear. I gave lip service. But, finding out it all was lies shook me and brought me to my knees. I worshiped him and praised him for who he was. I still get so amazed when I think of it. Now, I want to obey him. I love spending time talking to him. If, I do all studying and not spending time with him and do not listen to him. I begin to feel like I am in a desert and in need of a drink of water.
He grew me up in so many ways right after I learned the truth. All, kinds of things came flying at me. I was so amazed at how he could take me from standing still in my growth for years to growth in many areas all at once.

After, coming in here I learned many things and some things I just could not seem to grasp. Weeks went by. I was wondering why am I not learning anything again. I had not been spending as much time with him one on one. I was not as dependent. He wants us dependent. When, we are dependent on God it leave us in constant wonder.

Jesus knew that he needed personal time with him.  Well, during my surgery and recovery I could not come in here and read. But, I could talk to God.
Then boom some more truths started opening up to me. Well, patience is something he really wants me to learn. He gives me the understanding in his time. You could hit me with all kinds of scriptures , but if he has not turned on the light it does me no good.  One, thing I have learned from this is , that he knew when he was going to show me truths and he knows when I will understand more things.

I am glad to be in here and get understanding from others. But, in reality the only way I understand anything it all comes from him.  This is something I try to think about Christ  All In All. Strong in the Lord not in ourselves nor others nor in things.

Also, if we obey him he says we love him. If, we put him above ourselves this is worship.  This can never lead us in to confusion , disappointment  or who knows what.  Jesus knew his Fathers voice because it was written in his heart. That, personal time keeps me from feeling like he is not doing anything. I trust him and just know he is there. When, I take my eyes off of him and focus on others that is when I Love him less and find I try to handle things myself.

Hope this helps you. I think Love and Worship comes from spending time with someone. Like our mates. We may think we know them and not know all there is to know. With God he keeps me wanting to know him more and more. The more I learn the more I worship and Love him.

Gaining knowledge is good. But time spent with God one on one is very important to my walk with him. After all everything we learn comes from him.

In His Love,
Marlene

winner08

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 01:11:55 AM »

greetings George:
1. Well George she never said how I was to worship more. I guess God left that part out.
2.She said that last night, I believe , That she keep getting a voice in her head. She said the voice said it was happy with my studies of the Lord (happy), but I need to be praising and worshiping Him more than I do.
3. She does not attend any church. As far as where she worship at, I can/t ansewer that. Maby the same place I do, inside  myself. I talk, pray,ask, and listen inside myself. mostly at night about an hr or so when reading His word  or going over my notes. I have 6 to 8 notebooks packed with things I read and wrote down or ansewers to questions and I even have many words with the Hebrew and Greek original words and meanings.  I love to go over these words and learn the correct pronunciations and meanings. I try to learn  to spell them and meaning of them. (Just a hobby) But like I said I don't know how or what she does to worship the Lord. I have been listening to Ray's audio on worship. I have it on now and I will wake up with it on in the morning.

winner08

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 01:20:31 AM »

Thanks Britt, that was great. I know it will come together in God's time, not mine. Did I say I ask for patients? I want that change now. I have been waiting a long time. Patients, patients,and patients. I pray for this ever night. Also wisdom and a loving heart. These are the main things I ask God for. The other things I ask God for, well its not about me it is to bless and keep healthy my wife and family. But I wouldn't mind hitting the lotto. but I dare not ask. I keep on hearing this voice saying, be careful what you ask for, you might just get it. What that voice don't tell you is, that you might get what you ask for, AND all the trouble that comes with  it.

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 01:43:51 AM »

Darren,

You have The Scriptures, Your fellowship Here at BT and the benifit of a few years of Ray's teaching.
On the basis of your information, a Prayer of Thanks to GOD and Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ is
is your acceptable service i think.

As for your friend, if she is hearing voices in her head; consult The Scriptures to get your proper answer.
Then either sit her down and explain Scripture to her or if she won't listen, tell her to keep her messages
to herself along with the whisperer. Below is a very important Scripture for you to give her whether she
listens or leaves.

Pro 16:28  A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends.

george :).

frowardH8419
תּהפּכה
tahpûkâh
tah-poo-kaw'
From H2015; a perversity or fraud: -  (very) froward (-ness, thing), perverse thing.

H2015
הפך
hâphak
haw-vak'
A primitive root; to turn about or over; by implication to change, overturn, return, pervert: -  X become, change, come, be converted, give, make [a bed], overthrow (-turn), perverse, retire, tumble, turn (again, aside, back, to the contrary, every way).

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 01:45:03 AM by aqr »

britt

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 02:42:01 AM »

Hi Darren,

I felt led to give you a couple of verses.

Patience- Galatians 5:22 The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Love and patience will be a by-product of god's spirit in your heart.

Wisdom- Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. Thus, wisdom comes by having a reltionship with God.

There is a lot of wisdom to be found in the book of proverbs. The book of Acts has alot as well. Just know that God won't just magically give us wisdom and patience. It comes from OBEDIENCE to his word. Obeying his commands and laws are what make us wise.

P.S. Were all here to lift each other up  :D

Britt

winner08

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 03:05:10 AM »

Thanks again all of you who reply to my post. It help me out a great deal. Britt, Yes I agree obedience is always good. I will give you another word. Repentance. This is a key word. I believe Ray has said repent is key to having a relationship with God. (Not in those words). So I have been trying real hard to repent every night before bed. I sure this will help in changing my heart. I have a real deep carnal heart of love. What I want is a real deep spiritual love in my heart. I would love to be that light of the world. But first I have alot of work to do and with the help of MY Father It will happen. Once again I have to be patient. For everything has a time and a season.
George: thanks for that. I needed that. I do feel that I could be doing more in the praising and worshiping dept. Like I said my problem is that I really don;t know how. As I stated to Britt,I believe repentance ins a Hugh part of having a close relationship with My Father. I think my sins are keeping us apart. But I really don't know how or what to repent of. I never really thought about it. Now I am and when I went down on my knees a few min. ago I realized that I really did not know how to repent. I mean in my heart. I can give it lip service but I want to repent in my heart. I want God to hear me and forgive me so I can have a close relationship. Thank again everybody and y'all help me a great deal.

Roy Martin

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »

Hello Darren,
I know where your at.Let me ask you, have you said to God what you have said to us? Have you told him you don't love him as you should and want to? Of course we know that He knows our thoughts and heart but have you confessed it to Him? And how do you (try) to repent as you stated above?
Keep in mind that the closer to God you get and the more you seek Him, Satan will try to take it from you through deception, confusion, and many other ways. Hes darn slick and sneaky. I cant count the times when I was at your level that I thought I heard from God and later found out the hard way that it was Satan instead.
From what I read in your post I can see you worshiping from the heart more than you know.
If you haven't prayed for discernment yet,well it would be a good idea to do so.
Peace my friend
Roy Martin
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:17:45 AM by Roy Martin »

britt

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 04:37:40 PM »

Nicely said Roy, and thanks for the repentance word Darren. I need to do some of that myself.

winner08

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 06:04:07 PM »

Greetings Roy Martin,
              Yes, as to your question, That I don't love God as I should or want to. But It is not that I don't love God. I do love God very much so. I just don't know how to feel it in my heart. Please everyone do not misunderstand me. I DO LOVE GOD. God has been good to me and has blessed me with  great loving people in my life. A great wife. discernment? Sorry I don't know what that means. I did try to look the word up, but did not find it. When I talk with the Lord I always ask the Lord to please forgive me for my sins I committed. I always ask God for forgiveness and I thank Him for all that He has given me. I thank the Lord for the stuff I have. like my car,aircondition, house even my bed and pillow (I got that one from Ray). ;) ;) my six dogs. Thanks for the reply Roy and have a great evening. And please, I do love God very much I never said I do not love God. That being said, I just don't feel the love in my heart. In my head yes Heart no. It's just not the Lord. I have always had problems of the heart. ::) ::)

OBrenda

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 06:41:16 PM »

Hey Darren,

To add to the great comments here.  I would like to ask, in what way do you think that others here "love or worship" God that you are not?

God did not give us all the same personalities or sensibilities.  If you are studying and seeking God is that not worship? There are many deceived people out there that think because they weep easily and have strong emotions that they are more spiritual or "Love God More".

As to your feeling Love for God...
Even though we may not always feel love all the time for our Spouses, Children, Parents, or Friends, (though we are carnal) we still will most times, take out the trash, put the toilet seat down, buy the child braces instead of a Harley motorcycle we had our eye on....etc.
In my opinion Love is more importantly a Verb (action). 

Maybe look at it like this, Why does it take our breath away that Jesus asked the Father to take the cup from him if it was possible, and then was obedient to his father and went to the cross for all mankind?

The fact that you are praying and asking him to change you, to know that there is a void inside you. And your not capable of true love unless he puts it in you...well if that is not worshiping a great and powerful and loving God then I don't think it's possible for anyone to do so.

I agree this women most likely has no idea that she is being used to discourage you.  And your Brothers and Sisters here at BT are encouraging you to continue to seek and desire after God.

The word Discernment means to understand what is behind what is being said to you.

A crude example is a "Prostitute" coming up to you telling you how handsome you are.
She's not saying it but discerment tells you she wants your money and may actually think your ugly.
Sometimes things are presented in a way to achieve a hidden purpose.
The Gift of discernment is to see what that hidden plan is behind, what we see in the natural.
Hope that makes it clearer!

I pray for your confidence to be in... who Christ is, Your Saviour!
and not your own capability or efforts strengths or weaknesses.

YSIC,
Brenda

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 06:43:19 PM by OBrenda »

Roy Martin

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »

Im sorry Darren
 I wasn't thinking that you don't love God.I didn't mean for it to come across that way. I can tell your on fire for God. Man from the sound of it your doing good but it seems you need to know discernment.
Discernment is being  able to know the difference between a lieing spirit and a spirit of truth. This is something that I or no one can give you except God which comes from a personal relationship with Him, and you are so close to a break through that will take you to a higher level. Im excited for you.
What you see as a problem,I see as a blessing about to happen.Im talking about a spiritual blessing brother.
Hang in there.I hope I was of help to you in some way.
Your Bro in Christ
Roy Martin

PS.  In all of my prayers I ask God to fill me with his kind of love, to love others and to love Him the way I want to and need to.I never feel like I love Him enough.Its ok to feel this way.Its just a part of growing.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:31:05 PM by Roy Martin »

judith collier

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 08:23:09 PM »

Darren, be very careful of manipulation. People don't always know their motives. Tell your friend to go back and pray some more and see what she says. This doesn't sound good.

winner08

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 12:12:12 AM »

OK where to begin?
              To Judy, I don't understand, what seemed to me to be an honest inquiery about my religous praticess (my worship)  you find mischiveious in my friend motives. Whats up with that?I never thought of her motives being anything but legit. Maby I trust too much. To borrow a word form Roy Martin maby i need to be discernment, (how you like them apple Roy)? ;D ;D and Obrenda might be right, Maby I need to look behind the motive. But like I said Judy she is a good friend of the family and she had got a message from God that told her that He was happy with me as far as the studying and learning His word. But I needed to worship more often (I guess), My question to you is what do you think might be her motives??

Darren

winner08

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 12:23:25 AM »

To Roy Martin: I understand what you were saying. I know you was not implying that I did not love God. No worries mate I understand. You know Roy, what you said about lying spirits  and a spirit of truth. That is really interesting. discernment, never heard of it.  Thanks for opening my eyes. If ;you are right about me having a breakthrough, a blessing from From God I can't wait, I am excited.

Thanks Roy Martin.

Darren

aqrinc

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 12:32:44 AM »

Hi Darren,

At risk of being wrong, remember (no prophecy of Scripture is it's own interpretation).

2Pe 1:20 
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private (own) interpretation.

This person is prophesying about your Worship To GOD, any question about why GOD
Has a problem with telling you Himself?. She may not have a motive but is this normal
based on your learning to date; and how do you try the Spirit to prove it is true.

1Jn 4:1 
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because
many false prophets are gone out into the world.

We are your brethren here and we got your back.

george :)

winner08

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 12:33:26 AM »

OBrenda, thanks for that warm and heartfull reply. It really made me feel something inside, something really good. As far as you question goes. What do I think other do to worship or love God that I don;t do. Well Brenda, I have no clue. I don't know how anyone worship or show love Towards God  but myself. To be very honest with everyone here, I feel good about the way I praise and worship My Father. I have no idea what brought this on except maby it is true, maby God came to my friend and had a message for me. I wish He would have just told me. That would have made my (life).

Thanks Brenda,

Darren

winner08

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 12:41:04 AM »

I just wanted to say to everyone here, you are part of my family. I thank all of you who took time out of your busy schedule to reply to my post. everyone of you were very helpfull and I assure you that I am deeply greatfull. Again to everyone here, my heartfull thanks.''

Darren

P.S. Good night, and may God hold you close tonight.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.