bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Applying Gods Word  (Read 4396 times)

Roy Martin

Applying Gods Word
« on: February 13, 2009, 08:26:02 AM »

Hello everyone,
I wake each morning at 4:00 am, get some coffee and go outside regardless of how cold it is.I bundle up of course.Its still dark. I look up at the stars and say," thank You God for this beautiful day" and then I pray, and sometimes I just think for awhile first about God and wait for Him to put a thought in my head. If its a thought of the world then I know its not from God because it makes me feel uncomfortable,you know, just not right. If Im not applying Gods word in my life each day then I get cought up in the things of the world.
  I would like to hear what others have to say about applying Gods word and His presence in your daily lives.
Its a beautiful day
Peace
Roy Martin
Wow! I kept that short but it wasn't easy.

aqrinc

Re: Applying Gods Word
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 04:37:45 PM »

Hi Roy,

Here is the answer i have to a similar post only longer.

Balancing Family and God:
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9373.msg78927.html#msg78927

george. :)

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »

Hi Roy!
I remember last year I went with my son and his family to Disney world, we had a nice suite that had a balcony I took my coffee out there before my grandsons woke up and would just sit in awe at the creation of God. I think I enjoyed that week of balcony-sitting as much as any of the rest of the trip! Watching the sunrise is one of the best ways to appreciate what God has done for us! Now at home I usually listen to the sound of the birds singing outside that always reminds me how I am cared for by our Father! So many ways to apply what the scriptures say to life! Just the sound of the birds reminds me how much more God cares for me than the birds! :D
Kathy ;)

Roy Martin

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 06:11:19 PM »

Exactly George. Now that's what I'm talking about.
I read your comment on the post you suggested and the Scriptures you listed. I believe that that is one of the most beautiful promises we have received. The order and poetry of those scriptures are perfect. I start my day and end my day with that promise. It doesn't matter what I'm doing or where Im at or whats being said and done or not done, those scriptures are inside of me. Oh I have my weak moments just like anyone else,but once you cling to that promise long enough you can sure feel it if you let go for even a moment.
George I like the way you tapped into my post.You nailed it right on the head of where I was going with it.
There is much to be said about how to apply those scriptures to our daily life but Ill wait to see what others have to say.
I appreciate you George
God bless
Roy Martin

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 06:25:37 PM »

Kathy, that was a beautiful reply.It was poetry to say the least. It was positive and real. The good thing is we can always remain in that state of mind and spirit. Oh but how nice it is to be in a garden surrounded by nature. I cant keep from thinking that God loves being in a garden too. spiritual garden that is.
Peace and Love
Roy Martin
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:35:05 PM by Roy Martin »

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 12:25:07 AM »

Hi Roy,

Here is the answer i have to a similar post only longer.

Balancing Family and God:
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9373.msg78927.html#msg78927

george. :)

....................Jesus also says:
Joh 6:63  It is the Spirit that makes alive, the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit and are life.

Mat 6: 24-34 (MKJV)
24  No one can serve two masters. For either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will hold to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
25  Therefore I say to you, Do not be anxious for your life, what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
26  Behold the birds of the air; for they sow not, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns. Yet your heavenly Father feeds them; are you not much better than they are?
27  Which of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his stature?
28  And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They do not toil, nor do they spin,
29  but I say to you that even Solomon in his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30  Therefore if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much rather clothe you, little-faiths? (O ye of little faith? KJV)
31  Therefore do not be anxious, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, With what shall we be clothed?
32  For the nations seek after all these things. For your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things.
33  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.
34  Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow; for tomorrow shall be anxious for its own things. Sufficient to the day is the evil of it.

George......I copied the scriptures from your other post.  It was as though God was speaking to me directly.  He is my provider!  Amen.

Heidi

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 12:39:46 AM »

My mother asked me once if I was taking my one aspirin a day.  I replied that I didn't do anything religiously...not even religion.  I reckon she's a bit worried about me, but what can I do?

That said, there is one 'habit' that I have found useful and meaningful, though I don't even do this always and consistently.  When I am looking into scripture, I see just two characters...Him and me.  When He's speaking to the Pharisees, He's speaking to me, not to some long-dead Jewish guys.  In the law, in the History, in the parables I just want to know where and who HE is and where and who I am.

John 5:39  You examine the scriptures carefully because you suppose that in them you have eternal (age-abiding) life.  Yet they testify about me.  

Two characters.  "You and Me"

2 Timothy 3:16.  All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

Two characters.  "God-breathed" and useful teach, reprove, correct, and train me in righteousness.

I don't have the moral or spiritual luxury to 'search the scriptures' looking for interesting Theological tidbits.  If I don't find HIM, then I've found nothing for my reproof, for my correction, and for my training in righteousness.  Believe me, with ME, that's a full-time job.

Not to say that Doctrine isn't important.  On the contrary, it's vital!  If you had asked me 8 months ago if I thought that what a person believed doctrinally had any effect on what kind of person they were, I would have denied the connection.  Mostly, I think, because I'd seen so few examples of a truly Godly, Christ-like life among people with strong religious convictions.  Indeed, we've all seen deep evil in people of every religious persuasion who hold their beliefs strongly.  But something Ray said in one of his lessons rang like a bell in my spirit.  He said that people email him saying that if people believed like him, they would be inclined to go out and live it up.  And Ray answered that, no, if people believed exactly like him, they would behave like him.  It IS the doctrine which plays the largest role in training us in righteousness.  Many ARE called, and few ARE chosen.

Anyways, that's what came to mind to share on reading your question.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 12:50:49 AM »

Heidi and Roy,

Please be sure to give The Thanks, Praise and Glory To GOD And Our Lord Jesus Christ Only.
I am so happy and gratified that any use can be made of what is given me to do. Those very
Scriptures i  use Speak to me at the same time and prove everytime that: GOD'S WORD Never
returns void. He is our Only Provider, All IS OF GOD.

(Psa 46: KJV)
1  God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2  Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3  Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4  There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5  God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6  The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7  The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8  Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9  He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10  Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11  The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. 

Love Learning Joy in Longsuffering.

george. ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.