bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deposit Your Space Junk Here  (Read 3784 times)

deftarchangel

Deposit Your Space Junk Here
« on: February 15, 2009, 06:00:07 PM »

Images and description are from the European Space Agency - European Space Operations Center website.  The following are computer generated images of the space debris floating around our Earth.  I now know why I always had such a hard time getting a satellite signal with my dish!   ;D   

Space debris: evolution in pictures
Between the launch of Sputnik on 4 October 1957 and 1 January 2008, approximately 4600 launches have placed some 6000 satellites into orbit, of which about 400 are travelling beyond geostationary orbit or on interplanetary trajectories.

Today, it is estimated that only 800 satellites are operational - roughly 45 percent of these are both in LEO and GEO. Space debris comprise the ever-increasing amount of inactive space hardware in orbit around the Earth as well as fragments of spacecraft that have broken up, exploded or otherwise become abandoned. About 50 percent of all trackable objects are due to in-orbit explosion events (about 200) or collision events (less than 10).

http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv236/deftarchangel/Bee-Hive-4_H1.jpg
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv236/deftarchangel/Bee-Hive-6_H1.jpg

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Deposit Your Space Junk Here
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 07:17:48 PM »

W  O  W !!!!  :o  those pictures are a little scary. i need to forward them to my brother. he works for lockheed martin and he designes satellites. but, he is getting ready to retire. he says he is burned out.

claudia

Longhorn

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 01:46:11 PM »

No sign of Lucy my beekless chicken.......no more space walks for me.

Longhorn

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 02:40:59 PM »

:o
Amazing
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.