bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This is about Miracle in Our Life, or how God has kept us near to him.  (Read 4618 times)

Marlene

I would like to share something, pretty awesome God did in my life. It was back in 1979. I had only been married for a few months. I had not been wanting to much to do with God for some time then. He kept tugging at my heart. There was this railroad track I had to cross every day to get home from work.
Well, I heard on TV to never try to out run a train. You can't do it. They can not slow down for you .

I crossed this track there was no sign of any train. I had a big Bonneville brand new. First new car. LOL
Well, when I just got on the track there was a train and I looked the Big Light in the eye. I should have been killed. But, something pushed me and lifted me from the track. I had to pull over I was so worked up. I was crying. I got in and told my Husband. I knew, it had to be God who spared me. It was a wake up call. About, a week latter after the shock. I cried out to him and told him I was sorry for not listening to him. I said a very bold thing to him that day. I asked him to do whatever he has to do to keep me with him. Well, that has been in the will of God cause he has never let me down. I have taken many of a hard hit.

But, the funny thing is quite a few years latter we bought a house. It was my husbands great-grandmothers. I no longer have to cross over that railroad track. But, it runs up behind my home almost every day.  Now, isn't that just amazing.

I would love to hear some of your stories.  He has given me hits and he has given me whispers.Sometime, I will share more things.
In His Love,
Marlene

Heidi

Re: This is about Miracle in Our Life, or how God has kept us near to him.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 03:08:45 AM »

Marlene.....great story, and yes....our God works in wonderfully, mysterious ways to draw (drag) us to Him!  Thanks for sharing.  ;D  I have heard of people saying that in similar situations they felt "pulled out".  He definitely saved your life that day so that you can share it with us now.

Heidi

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 05:21:47 PM »

Well, you know I should be getting something done, but when I read this I had to reply! ;)
When my son was about 20 months old, (this is the one who is now Grayson's daddy)we lived in Washington state, our driveway was kind of downhill to the street. One day my son reached up and just opened the door and ran out! I was right behind him, but he ran toward the street as fast as he could go! There was a car coming (too fast) and there was no way I could reach him in time! Now he had momentum going on because he was running downhill at full speed, when he got to the end of the driveway it was as if he ran into something and fell down BACKWARDS!! By all the laws of physics and whatever he should have fallen into the street directly under the car! I called my husband hysterical, he said, "Well, did the car hit him?" I said, "NO!" he said, "Then why are you crying?"  Well how rude! No I know it was the hand of the Lord that saved him! My grandsons love that story because they always say WOW if daddy had been killed by the car we would never have been born!! YA THINK!!??  :D God is SO good!!
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 05:35:46 PM »

Hi Marlene,

If we took the time to count up how many times we are saved from our own dumb mistakes,
we would run out of time. It is indeed Good That GOD; not us is in control of what happens
in our daily lives.

HE (GOD) Uses those moments to correct and reprove, sometimes we even hear and understand.

Pro 17:10  A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.

And we all start out as Fools; Thank The Lord Jesus that He imparts His Wisdom to us.
I write as a fool, because there is where HE (GOD) got me from.

george. :-[

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 11:22:33 AM »

Well, George I do agree with every thing you wrote. But, I have come to see that while I was in Babylon he was giving me the Milk not the Meat because I was not ready to understand it. I also, agree we sometimes hear and sometimes don't. What, I wrote about the train was a period when he was taking me through Babylon to get the milk. I had to learn the false to believe the truth. I think why did it have to be so long for me to learn. So, many detours in my life. But, each and every experience now that I look back , was him bringing me to truth. I just hate the wasted years, but he knew they were not wasted. They were all needed.

Right, before I came in here. I had failed him so badly. My minister had done some cruel things to my family. But, that all said I am glad it all happen ed the way it did. During, that great time of sin God never gave up on me. A scripture kept coming in to my head. That, for every temptation he provides a way out. I got to seeking scriptures and question all my believes from that failure.

Now, here I am being fed Meat. If, he had not done it this way, I would not have seen what he was telling me. Wasted time I use to think, but no that time was needed. He was not going to give me his truth till I was ready. Now, I would not leave for any thing. I can't turn my back on the truth because he lives in me now.  I don't want to go. But, these scriptures stood out this morning to me in a way I never looked at them before.

John Chapter 12  verse 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
verse 25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
verse 26 If any man serve me, let him follow me: and where I am there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me , him will my Father honour.
I look back at the path he took me through I am glad for everything he took me through. Because of it all I see his patience and great love for all.
I do not want to return to the old man. I like the new spirit in me. I love where he has brought me.

Also, I know that he has taken good care of me. There are some pretty awesome things I could tell you all and sure you all could with me. I know, now that what my past minister did to my family was a blessing in disquise for us. My being offended easily, brought me out of Babylon. I always use to hate that fault in me, but now I dont get offended so easily, cause for the first time in my life it was an offense for serving God, not man.  I just love true testimonies, I hear now.
He does do miracles for us. During, that time he gave me alot of Meat all at once. I am glad , cause I found out the truth. The best was I repented for my believe in Hell.  Well, I am just so thankful he Loves us all and never gives up on us, when others do. I am truly learning patience, long suffering and the best of those His Kind of Love

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 03:14:10 PM »

John Chapter 12: 24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die,
it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Hi Marlene,

The one quote you wrote that should never ever be forgotten is this one above. The Word planted in us
is like that, and dying in anyway is hard for us (Beast). As physical, when we are baptized in water we go
down dry and come up wet (Instant Gratification). When though, we die in Baptism with Jesus Christ it
takes time to come up (Three Days); not instant gratification. Now that Scripture has so much more
meaning to me and to you than the moment before you read this.

Rom 6:4 
We were buried therefore with him through baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised from the
dead through the glory of the Father, so we also might walk in newness of life.

george. ;D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 07:23:58 PM »

Marlene, I appreciate you and so very much relate to that 'milk and meat' thing and the 'wasted years'.  Boy, could I tell you some tales about wasted years!  I have a lot of regrets for things I've done, but I have no regrets for leaving religion behind.  I don't want anybody elses', and I no longer even want my own.    We've been blessed at least twice now...once by being able to know about the Christ, and once again by being dragged through everything to a fuller knowledge of our God and Savior and His purpose for us.  That changes lives because it changes the meaning of life.  God give us all more and more and more as the increase of His government has no end.  I feel the accelerator in your posts.  :)   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 12:03:40 AM »

Dave, Thank you very much for your input. Yes, those days are past looking forward to life in the Spirit. Since, I came in here in Sept. I can really feel the Holy Spirit working in me and changing me. I would not trade that for any of my past. It makes it nice, when someone sees God growing you and moving from the carnal to the spiritual.  This, increases ones faith when others see it. I am looking so forward to growing with all My Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

God is right, there is nothing in the world even close to what he has to give. When, I remember where I came from it keeps me Humble for sure.

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.