bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A Love Story?  (Read 9335 times)

Roy Martin

A Love Story?
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:12:12 AM »

Hello everyone,
  I cant get it off my mind why after we learn this truth and are called out of Babylon why we want so much to share.We run into all these brick walls and decide that its of no use and give up.
I know that the newbies are not mature enough to teach them as Ray can and that we can mess it up by not knowing enough and that its God that does the calling.
   I ran into  someone the other day in the grocery store that attends the church that we use to go to 3 months ago.We greet each other and I already know she is going to ask where we've been so I beat her to the punch and say, "God called us out of the church" She had this look of surprise and asked,where did He send you,"I said certainly not to another church building.But why? she asked.I explain to her the things God showed us about the church that wasn't right such as the tithing thing about how they twist the scriptures to extract money from people.I already knew I was saying too much.She said well I tithe because I want to be blessed.I said exactly and that's just what they want you to think.That was about it and we went our way with me feeling kind of foolish but the more I thought about it,I asked myself, why should I feel foolish,why should I care what anyone thinks about me.Those kind of thoughts and feelings just seem to be so carnal to me. I know theres a time and season for everything and that its all in Gods time.
 We or most of us know as parents and from being children ourselves at one time that children cant see why we wont let them do this or that and the things we try to teach them just doesn't make sense to them at all but as they grow and become adults they start to see things they couldn't see as children.
What Im getting at is this, What I said to this women about tithing,well maybe when she sees this now at church, just maybe she will look at it different and start to see it for herself with the help of God of course.
Isnt the truth a good seed that we need to be planting every chance we get?Does God want us to keep this to ourselves? What spirit in us wants to share this truth? Is it a carnal thing? Is it of Satan or is it of God? Isnt there a way to just share without being drawn into debate or disagreement.
I feel like I can share the truth and leave it at that just like when I plant a flower seed,I put it in the ground and go my way.God gives it light,air and supplies the water.Sometimes the seed doesnt make it for many reasons but thats why I plant many seeds. God made me a grower.I like to plant.I cant help it.
  As for the lady in the grocery store, I planted a seed. Now its in Gods hands and was from the beginning.
Peace
Roy Martin

mharrell08

Re: A Love Story?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 10:15:41 AM »

Matt 7:6  Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Matt 10:5-6  These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matt 15:25-28   Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

1 Pet 3:14-16   But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

2 Tim 2:15-16  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness

Rev 13:16-17  And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Remember, one is not a Jew outwardly (race) but one inwardly (called and chosen; regardless of race) [Rom 2:28-29]. When we are called out of the church, we are to study and show ourselves approved; having an answer for those who question the faith and hope within us. That makes us spiritual Jews [Rev 2:9 & 3:9]...if we endure and overcome to the end. As such, we are not to cast our pearls (knowledge and wisdom from God) before the Gentiles (unbelievers; in or out of church)...though he may send one who will have much faith ['great is thy faith' Matt 15:28]. And if we persist, they will have none of it as we are not allowed to buy and sell with them as we do not bear the mark of the beast (beliefs in free will, eternal torment, etc.] which they only deal with.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:51:58 AM »

Roy, it seems to me you are asking if we can 'do the right thing' the wrong way.  I think you know the answer to that.

Does God want us to keep this to ourselves? God wants us to obey Him...period.  All the way.

What spirit in us wants to share this truth? Is it a carnal thing?  Is it?  Could it be carnal in one way and on one day, and not be carnal in any way on another day?  Who decides these things?

The Kingdom of God is the Kingship of God.  In ALL thy ways, acknowledge Him.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Roy Martin

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 10:53:03 AM »

Hello Marques,
I don't and never will disagree with Scripture but if we are asked why we haven't been going to church by someone in the church or out of the church, what should be our answer? Would it be right to refer them to the scripture shown above?
In my statement I'm not talking about getting into a debate with them or trying to prove anything to them. I'm talking about answering their question.Do we say, sorry but I cant answer that question its a personal thing or what ever.Wouldn't that be dishonest?
Believe me that I am not in any way against what we have and are learning at bibletruths.
  Are we not to share any part of Gods word with anyone until we are mature? According to the scriptures you listed, it seems that we shouldn't even tell anyone that God loves them.

I just want to get this right. Im not about trying to change any thing or anyone. Simply asked,How do we answer someone when asked?
Peace
Roy Martin
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:55:11 AM by Roy Martin »

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 10:59:16 AM »

Are we not to share any part of Gods word with anyone until we are mature? According to the scriptures you listed, it seems that we shouldn't even tell anyone that God loves them.
Why do we have a passion to share? Is this carnal thinking?
I just want to get this right. Im not about trying to change any thing or anyone. Simply asked,How do we answer someone when asked?
Peace
Roy Martin

Roy,

I never said nor does any scripture state that we should not tell anyone that God loves them...that is off-base and unfounded.

Having a passion to tell the wonderful truths about God is a wonderful thing. Studying to show ourselves approved and having an answer for those who question the faith in us is also a wonderful thing.

But not everyone who asks of you is seeking Godly understanding and wisdom...that what I was also trying to share with you.

Study to share with those who 'ask' of of you...avoid arguments and debates with those who have a heart of unbelief.

Marques

Vangie

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 11:05:53 AM »

Not to change the direction you guys are going re: those who "ask" of us, but in a way this is very applicable for me right now in dealing with my family.  Thank you Roy and Marques--also to George who recommended Ray's repentance study in a different thread earlier.  (If I were a better typist, I'd share more, but probably in the Who Am I section, as it's kind of personal.)  In a nutshell though, I just seem to have a major problem with communicating; that 2nd part Marques posted from 2Tim:15-16 is shouting at me--I'm trying to learn when to shut up.  You know, after you've realized you said something wrong, that it didn't come out like you meant, and then you keep digging and digging yourself deeper and deeper into the hole trying to fix it. :P ::)  That's ME talking to my husband about physical rituals.

Roy Martin

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 11:37:56 AM »

Marques,
 Its easy to not always understand each other from a keypad and computer.
I wish I could express things better with the right words but I barely got my GED.
  I got ya though in your meaning now. Im still left with some unanswered questions but I have to go to work now.Talk to you later.
Peace my friend
Roy Martin

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 11:38:57 AM »

Hello, Right after coming in here I wanted to shout it to the whole world. I wanted to take it to the new church we were going to. I really, thought God was working on the Pastor there. He might very well be. But, I was not ready to give him the meat. I am still learning it myself. I took, Rays advice and didnt do anything. I can do something, pray that God opens there eyes. But, God is in control and knows what he is doing. I have shared it with my Mother and Husband. The more time we have been away from church , they never bring it up to me anymore. Actually, my husband seems ok with it.

But, we know it is only a few. We, know that the many will know the truth someday. Now, if some one were to ask, I would just tell them to read Ray's articles. Its kind of like when we first come in here. We do not understand all the Meat. But, God brought us here and he is the one who will open our eyes to more and more truths as we are ready to handle them. Think, he is teaching us new ones patience. He is teaching the older ones the same. Love, is the best answer. But, the older seasoned ones will give us answers if we ask. This, is where I learn not to become offended. Because, they are giving us truths rather or not we understand. But, then they are learning patience with the new ones. They also, have to Learn Love. But, we have to rememer they do not necesarily think they are better then us. I don't want to get offended at the scriptures cause they are all from God even if I dont understand all of them.

This seeking is hard work. So, is the answering. Because, they are dealing with the blind. So, Love  and patience is being learned by both.
We have all been brought here for a purpose.  To let the Spirit open our eyes. In His time. Someday I will know when God wants me to tell others.

In His Love,
Marlene

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 12:16:43 PM »

Marques,
 Its easy to not always understand each other from a keypad and computer.
I wish I could express things better with the right words but I barely got my GED.
  I got ya though in your meaning now. Im still left with some unanswered questions but I have to go to work now.Talk to you later.
Peace my friend
Roy Martin

It's no problem...I have misunderstandings myself with others from time to time. And we can all do better in how we communicate and explain ourselves.

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask the forum and even PM anyone who you would like to talk to more directly.

Thanks,

Marques

Patrick

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 12:24:52 PM »

Quote from: Roy Martin
if we are asked why we haven't been going to church by someone in the church or out of the church, what should be our answer?

TO WHICH CHURCH DO I BELONG?

When asked, "Ray, which church do you attend, what denomination do you belong to?" I always give them the same answer as I will now give you. I tell them that I am not a member of, neither do I attend any institutionalized church of men and that includes all the Churches of Christendom.

I am a member of: "The Body of Christ—The Church of the Living God."

http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html

Many are called, few are chosen.
Many can't handle the Truth, few can.
I see many members from the church around town and was asked this question several times. I told them the Truth. They could not handle it and now they avoid me like the plague.
And just what is the Truth?

1Jn 4:7  Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is begotten of God, and knoweth God.
1Jn 4:8  He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1Jn 4:9  Herein was the love of God manifested in us, that God hath sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
1Jn 4:10  Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1Jn 4:11  Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
1Jn 4:12  No man hath beheld God at any time: if we love one another, God abideth in us, and his love is perfected in us:
1Jn 4:13  hereby know we that we abide in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
1Jn 4:14  And we have beheld and bear witness that the Father hath sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
1Jn 4:15  Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God abideth in him, and he in God.
1Jn 4:16  And we know and have believed the love which God hath in us. God is love; and he that abideth in love abideth in God, and God abideth in him.
1Jn 4:17  Herein is love made perfect with us, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as he is, even so are we in this world.
1Jn 4:18  There is no fear in love: but perfect love casteth out fear, because fear hath punishment; and he that feareth is not made perfect in love.
1Jn 4:19  We love, because he first loved us.
1Jn 4:20  If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, cannot love God whom he hath not seen.
1Jn 4:21  And this commandment have we from him, that he who loveth God love his brother also.

Mat 5:14  Ye are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid.
Mat 5:15  Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house.
Mat 5:16  Even so let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Mat 5:17  Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfill.
Mat 5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished.
Mat 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20  For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven.

There are many more Truths that could be listed; continue to read Bible-Truths, study to show thyself approved, and learn to use the search function.

Ricky

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 12:30:32 PM »

Hello Roy, I gave up a long time ago with trying to convince people that the teachings in the church (any church) are lies.  And this includes any family members I have left. People just do not seem to be interested in knowing the truth. To them it is like a new religion and is a very bad one because it goes against the teaching`s of all church`s. So I had to tell God, Father, I am so sorry, I wont do this any more it creates nothing but trouble with people. With what I know and believe I will share with whoever is willing to a least think about what I have to say concerning the truth. With all the rest of them, I will say, Good Luck!! go here.. www.bible-truths.com If you are being called out you will automatically believe what you are reading. And then say good-bye to your church, because that is exactly what happens upon hearing the Word, you will automatically follow. And so I just leave it at that. Sharing the truth takes much experience with the truth, or look out, they will run all over newbies like myself.     Bless you all
                     Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Linny

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 01:05:18 PM »

Roy,
When my friends ask me where we are going to church, I do not say I was called out of the church. I say that God has called us to study at home.
That does not offend their beliefs or make it look like I am better than they or have more wisdom than they.
If I offend someone right away, the only seed I planted was one of contempt for me. Once that seed is planted, then it will be more difficult for God to be able to use me in the future with this person should He wish to.

If they were to ask more questions, then I would use that door that the Lord opened to further tell them what I believe-gently without stepping on their toes. Just as it is difficult to "hear" when we are writing back and forth, it is not fruitful, in my opinion, to go for someone's throat who has never heard these truths by immediately putting them on the defensive about what they currently believe.  When people are in Babylon as I once was, they hold dear the doctrine they believe and planting a seed must be done in love when they are ready. Simply asking where you are attending church is not a doctrinal question worthy of much discussion.

If God wants them to hear more, He will lead them to ask you more detailed questions.

Blessings, Lin

Roy Martin

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 06:04:40 PM »

Thank you everyone,
  Now see that wasnt bad at all. In about a half of a day I received lots of truth and love. I just dont know any where else I could have got that from.
Im like one of those kids in school that is constantly holding up his hand or wanting to say something.It might take me a little longer than some but when I get it I get it good and when I go after something as sweet as this calling to truth,well I might get on some peoples nerves or stick my foot in my mouth and eat a whole lot of that good old humble pie. My wife is a little more quiet than me about all of this new stuff, but shes on fire for it just like me.Shes been on the LOF series for a couple of months.We really enjoy discussing it and Gods word.We are very blessed to be here with all of you in this journey. You might not  hear from her for awhile.She likes to chew on her food for awhile.Im one of those that likes to eat and talk at the same time. Its just the way I learn things.
God bless all of you and thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.
Peace
Roy Martin
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:18:51 PM by Roy Martin »

Marky Mark

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 06:38:41 PM »

Thank you everyone,
  Now see that wasnt bad at all. In about a half of a day I received lots of truth and love. I just dont know any where else I could have got that from.
Im like one of those kids in school that is constantly holding up his hand or wanting to say something.It might take me a little longer than some but when I get it I get it good and when I go after something as sweet as this calling to truth,well I might get on some peoples nerves or stick my foot in my mouth and eat a whole lot of that good old humble pie. My wife is a little more quiet than me about all of this new stuff, but shes on fire for it just like me.Shes been on the LOF series for a couple of months.We really enjoy discussing it and Gods word.We are very blessed to be here with all of you in this journey. You might not  hear from her for awhile.She likes to chew on her food for awhile.Im one of those that likes to eat and talk at the same time. Its just the way I learn things.
God bless all of you and thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.
Peace
Roy Martin

My wife is a little more quiet than me about all of this new stuff, but shes on fire for it just like me.Shes been on the LOF series for a couple of months.We really enjoy discussing it and Gods word.

Roy,what a blessing that your wife is on fire for the truths of God.If there was another person that I would love to share the truths of the Spirit with it would most certainly be my wife.I try to give her tidbits of info but she is firmly anchored in babylon :(. All is of God and to have a wife to share truth with is as about as good as it gets... :)

Peace...   Mark

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 10:02:43 PM »

Hi Roy,

Good to see you are settling in just fine. It is a pleasure and Blessing to have a like minded partner. My wife was like minded while we were together in Babylon, so far she is fully anchored there for now. Remember to swallow before you talk, that way we may hear or see from her (your wife) sooner.

Love Patience and Learning, In Jesus Christ Our Lord And Saviour.

george. ;D

pinko

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 11:46:59 PM »

When my friends ask me where we are going to church, I do not say I was called out of the church. I say that God has called us to study at home.

I like that approach, and use it myself.. But what response do you--and others here--give to the INEVITABLE retort of:  "ah, but what about the scripture to 'forsake not the assembling of yourselves together'?... We NEED to be in church, brother. That's what the Bible says!" 

I have my pat answer to that... And it's usually not effective.  The conversation generally ends, therefore, with "never mind".

Linny

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 12:04:27 AM »

So far, no one has actually questioned my answer! I always tell them that we have learned more in the time we have been studying on our own than in all the years we were in church. That usually shuts them up.

But I have practiced it as my husband did have that thrown at him by an elderly neighbor and he saw no need to offend him.

I would say that I DO regularly meet with other believers, daily in fact, and that I am in the Word more now than I have ever been before.
The "church" of the Bible isn't a building - it is me.
 ;)
Lin

mharrell08

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 12:07:38 AM »

I like that approach, and use it myself.. But what response do you--and others here--give to the INEVITABLE retort of:  "ah, but what about the scripture to 'forsake not the assembling of yourselves together'?... We NEED to be in church, brother. That's what the Bible says!" 

I have my pat answer to that... And it's usually not effective.  The conversation generally ends, therefore, with "never mind".

Excerpt from Lake of Fire Part 11 (http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html):

NOT FORSAKING THE ASSEMBLING OF OURSELVES TOGETHER

In Hebrews 10:25 were are admonished as follows:

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as you see the day approaching."

That this is speaking of believers congregating together to worship and study God’s Word, there can be no doubt. However, there is a much deeper meaning to this "assembling" that few have ever seen. I never saw it myself until I read a paper by J. Preston Eby, entitled: "FORSAKE NOT THE ASSEMBLING."

I will quote an excerpt or two from his paper:

"The Greek word for ‘assembling’ is EPISUNAGOGE. The word, literally, is a verb meaning to synagogue. It is a compound of the Greek prefix EPI with the word SUNAGOGE from which we get our transliterated English word Synagogue. EPI means super – imposition – that which is above, higher than, highest, upon. SUNAGOGE means a meeting, assembly, or gathering. Putting these two words together, EPI-SUNAGOGE means THE ABOVE SYNAGOGUE, THE HIGHER MEETING, THE HIGHEST ASSEMBLY, THE HIGHER-THAN-ALL-GATHERINGS!

It bespeaks of something far greater than merely collecting so many breathing bodies together in one place.

It is a meeting in a higher realm, on a higher plane, in the high places of the Spirit, and in the heights of Truth. It is a gathering together in a dimension above. It indicates an assembling IN THE SPIRIT…"

(All Caps belong to Mr. Eby).

This Greek word episunagoge is used only one other time in Scripture, and that is in II Thes. 2:1:

"Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together [Gk: episunagoge] unto Him."

In Hebrews 10 we are admonished to "assemble" in an high meeting, a meeting in the SPIRIT! In II Thes. 2 this meeting in the Spirit will become a literal meeting with our Lord.

And so, back to our question once more: Which denomination should we join? Where should we go to Church? Where should we "forsake not the assembling of ourselves together?" In a physical building of some physical denomination? No. WE are to episunagoge (assemble) on a higher plane, in a higher realm, in a spiritual assembly, IN THE SPIRIT!

This is not something new. This is exactly what Jesus Christ taught regarding where and how we are to (go to church) worship God.

"The woman said unto Him, Sir, I perceive that you are a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye [all the Jews] say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus said unto her, Woman, believe Me, the hour comes, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour comes, and now is, when the TRUE worshippers shall worship the Father in SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH: for the Father seeks such to worship Him. God is Spirit: and they that worship Him MUST worship in SPIRIT AND TRUTH" (John 4:19:24).

We have got to get out of the depths of Satan if we are to worship God in Spirit and Truth. The Church is filled with the depths of Satan. That is not the place to go to worship God in spirit and truth. Did Jesus go to the synagogues to worship His God?

"And when He [Jesus] had sent the multitudes away, He went up into a mountain apart [Gk: ‘by Himself’] to pray: and when the evening was come, He was there alone" (Matt. 14:23).

Amazing, isn’t it. Jesus "assembled [Gk: episunagoge]" with His Father BY HIMSELF, ALONE. We can do the same. Not just on Sunday morning or Wednesday evening, with a crowd, in a building, but on every day of the week, and we can do it while we are ALONE.

How often church buildings and temples are referred to as "The House of God." This is nonsense. God does NOT dwell in houses, buildings, churches, or temples made with hands.

"God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and earth, dwells NOT in temples made with hands."

And

"Howbeit the Most High dwells NOT in temples made with hands" (Acts 17:24 & 7:48).

How often Jerusalem is called, "The Holy City." People want to visit Jerusalem because they think it is HOLY GROUND. There is nothing holy about it. Constantly Satan’s ministers refer to Jerusalem as the Holy City, and how we should pray for "the peace of Jerusalem." Let me assure you that all of those prayers are going to go unanswered because, "…for the son of the bondwoman [Jerusalem that now is--under bondage] shall not be heir with the son of the free woman [Jerusalem which is above and free]" (Gal. 4:30b).

Hope this helps,

Marques

Marlene

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 12:30:05 AM »

Marques, I remember, reading that several times. This is something, that I have felt  since coming in here.  WE are to worship like Jesus. If, we do not spend one on one time with God, we are not going to keep on the straight path. All, I ever got in Babylon was feelings. We know, where feelings take us. Always, had a let down feeling when I came home. I would see some growth and many steps backward. Since, to me one on one time is where we hear what the Lord is speaking to us. He will even lead us to scriptures we need. But, we get truth from him. Where, in Babylon it is mans idea.

Thanks so much for that article. This post has helped me so much! Life in the Spirit is way better then a physical building of just feelings.

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Martin

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »

Good morning everyone,
   Would anyone mind if I tell the story of how my wife and I met? It makes Silvia ( my wife ) cry every time I tell this story to someone.
  I could go back 10 years with this story but that would take too long.
 I had been out of prison a year,pulling away from God,still lonely for 10 years since a divorce.I thought I could run away from God and my problems and do things my way.I moved a state away.A year had passed but during that year every few days I would say God get me back to you.The pain in my heart got worse and worse then suddenly almost over night I was over powered with emotional pain.I couldn't stand it.I speak to God again but this time with all my heart.God please with all my heart,Get me back to you.
The next morning my partner comes to me and says Roy I think you need to go home back to your church.A few other things were said.I left the next morning as fast as I could travel.I'm back in the church building,seeking God with full force.
I was doing volunteer work at the church.I went with a friend to deliver some tables to one of the other church locations in a nearby town.As we were leaving I told my friend that something just told me I need to come to this church. I never had any thoughts of going there.I was perfectly fine at the one I was going to.So he says,then you better go.That evening Im all excited about this, moving in a hurry.I cant figure it out.I'm just excited.I did have this feeling that something good was waiting for me.On my way to church I get honest with God. Oh! I left something out.I had been single for 10 years and once in a while I would ask God to give me a soul mate,a good Christian woman.I was so lonely and still heart broken from finding my ex- wife in bed with someone.I just couldn't get a woman off my mind.I was 50/50 God seeking and woman thinking.So I say God I'm having trouble seeking you with all my heart because of this loneliness for a soul mate.Ive gone 10 years Lord,I don't know that I'm right by asking you to send me a soul mate but I'm asking anyway.How can I seek you with all my heart?,you said its not good for man to be alone. I said amen and a few minutes later I say oh God one more thing,will you make it a pretty one.
I'm in church,everyone is standing,music going,I'm on the next to last row which is very unusual but you will see that that is where God put me on a row by myself.I do something I never do,I look slightly to my right,in the corner of my eye I get a glimpse of a woman on the row behind me all by herself with a teenage girl that I didn't see at first.All I saw was this beautiful woman.At that very second that I caught glimpse of her God put a spot light on her and I couldn't even hear the music anymore.This all happened in just a second.I knew it,I felt it,and I asked,God is this,I look back again,God is this the one? At this point I don't even know church is going on.We are seated now,I keep glancing back thinking I'm slick that she doesn't notice my glances.Church is over.Im excited about going next service.I go home and Im not hearing from God.All I have on my mind is this beautiful woman that I know was from God.I go next service with intentions to meet her. we are both in the same seats as before.I'm doing the glancing thing again.Im already in love with her and dont know her but I knew she was mine.Church is over I try to get to her but am blocked by someone wanting me to play in the band.I watch her walk out.Just a couple days later in the main church everyone is leaving the building,Im up front talking to someone,suddenly I see her still sitting there all by herself with the teenage girl.I go straight to her,nothing is going to stop me now.I introduce myself and I could see at first glance that we were on the same page.We exchange phone numbers.I call her that after noon.We talk for hours 2 days in a row.I go to her house for dinner.She comes out and hugs me as if we had known each other for ever. We went and sat in a swing and within minutes we were getting very very weak,if you know what I mean but it just seemed right.Well it finally overcame us, and after, she asked if I believed in love at first sight?Never before have I until now I said, and she told me she loved me and started telling me about seeing me in the church. we were doing the same thing with the glancing thing but she kept feeling like she knew me from some where.She had been praying for someone too. She said just before I introduced myself to her that God was telling her to be still.We shared what we were thinking at the first time we saw each other and it just blew us away.We did a lot of talking as we lay there in love with a God love like nothing we could never imagine.We had no guilt.We knew this was of God putting us together but none the less we get on our knees the next morning and ask God to forgive us if we have done wrong.We thanked him for bringing us together and asked Him to bless us in marriage.I went home to get my things and we havent been apart one night since then.Some people came against me from the church by calling her and telling her they checked on my past and that she was making a mistake.I go to the pastor and tell him whats going on.I tell him that God married us,he says Roy your living in sin,this cant be right and that we should reconsider.I said show me where in the bible that man has to marry us,who married Adam and Eve? He said if there has to be a divorce there has to be a marriage.I said I dont believe it.So for their sake and to take pressure from my wife we agree to get married by man 9 days later of meeting each other.We didnt want people or buildings,we didnt even tell anyone wxcept the man that was going to marry us,a friend from church.We pull into his driveway, he lives on the lake,this is where we want to marry ,on the lake.We get in his house, its not dark outside at all but he says Roy I saw the brightest  lights I have ever seen coming from your car.We get on this 4 wheeler and say just go down the beach,well know the place when we see it.The sky was changing colors faster than I had ever seen it.It was the most brilliant colors I had ever seen and they kept changing.This is it,stop right here.It was an area that had a rock ledge with water on 3 sides.A beautiful place to say the least.Just as he started the ceremony, hundreds of fish started flying out of the water on all 3 sides of us.I couldn't keep my eyes off of this beautiful sky and the fish.She slipped the ring on my finger,we did the kiss thing and his wife said Roy that's the brightest diamond I ever saw on your ring as she was slipping it on.I show her the ring its just an ordinary round gold band,no diamonds,she had tears in her eyes and said you 2 are truly blessed by God.The fish disappeared as fast as they came but they stayed all the way through the ceremony. It was awesome.
We have been together for almost 3 years now and not a day passes that we don't give thanks to God.
We laugh at times and say what a sense of humor God has to put 2 people together from 2 separate worlds.At the time I first started crying out to God 10 years ago, she was just coming to this country from Germany in a bad marriage falling apart.
God was always in control of all of the time frame, the events, the place he sat us in the church.All of it.
Is that a love story or not.What a love beyond description He has for us.
Im sorry for the length of this but I couldnt shorten it any more than I did.
Peace
Roy Martin
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 01:03:42 PM by Roy Martin »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 18 queries.