bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dreams?  (Read 7032 times)

lferretj

Dreams?
« on: February 17, 2009, 03:02:40 PM »

Hello Everyone,
   I was wondering if Ray says anything on dreams.  I'm an avid dreamer.  I dream every night very vividly and very long.  I also can control my dreams to some extent, like say I see a tree and I make myself fly up to the top branch for a better view.  Anyway most of the time my dreams are fun and random, but sometimes I have very scary nightmares that I can't control and they always have a physical feeling attached with them, like something literally running up my spine or grabbing my arm.  I had, had these when I was in my teens before, going through some depression issues and the only thing that seemed to stop them is to pray that Jesus cleanses my room of evil spirits.  Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.  I know they are just dreams and I don't necessarily think they are telling me anything, or are visions, but I wonder if it's a spiritual attack.  They seem to have started up again since I've been reading this site.  And just so you know I don't watch horror movies and my family relationships are in good order.  Sorry to be a bother any thoughts or encouragment would be nice.
       lferretj

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Dreams?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:13:18 PM »

Do you dream in color? Just curious.

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 03:34:14 PM »

Hi lferretj,

There are many instances where people dreamed and learned things in Scripture. Here is
one of our more famous brothers working with a dreamer. Using esword i found dream in
at least 61 different verses in the (KJV).

My Wife has had this going on for all our time together, over 35 years so i can really
understand what you are going through. No interpretations from here but check out
brother Daniel for some pointers.

Dan 2:3 
3  And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit is troubled to know the dream.
4  Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in the Syrian language, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation.
5  The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye make not known unto me the dream and the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill.
6  But if ye shew the dream and the interpretation thereof, ye shall receive of me gifts and rewards and great honour: therefore shew me the dream and the interpretation thereof.
7  They answered the second time and said, Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation.
8  The king answered and said, I know of a certain that ye would gain time, because ye see the thing is gone from me.
9  But if ye make not known unto me the dream, there is but one law for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof.

Dan 2: 25-28
25  Then Arioch brought in Daniel before the king in haste, and said thus unto him, I have found a man of the captives of Judah, that will make known unto the king the interpretation.
26  The king answered and said to Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make known unto me the dream which I have seen, and the interpretation thereof?
27  Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king;
28  But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;

george. ;D

Stevernator

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »

Well my friend has woken up and been unable to move. I think its called sleep paralysis. He said he saw an outline of a figure holding him down or something. Im not sure I believe it was some spiritual thing. I have had disturbing dreams in the past. However, lately my dreams have been rediculous. For example, the last dream I had I was walking a hedgehog (think sonic but much smaller) and he could talk. It was very strange and later in the dream my pet dog (who does exist) bit it and killed it. I was very upset at that.  ???  ???  ???

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »

I don't recall my dreams most of the time, but I recall enough to know I was dreaming, if that makes sense.  That ability to control things is called 'lucid' dreaming' and isn't that uncommon.  I can do it too, though not consistently.  My dreams tend to fall into a pattern of 'rehearsal'.  Maybe that helps me practice something that I haven't had oppurtunity to do in the waking state.

I'm with you also in having experienced evil in dreams.  I don't doubt (though I may be wrong) that these are often real Spiritual warfare, and I've also had the experience of calling on the Lord for relief or protection.  I have to say, that at no time this has happened has it failed to 'work'.  Whether or not there is anything actually going on in the Spiritual realm, the fear is real.  At the very least, I feel like a child of God calling out to Daddy when the nightmares hit.

It just doesn't seem possible to me that God only works in us while we are awake.  I think significant 'stuff' happens while we sleep and occasionally real breakthroughs are made.  Test the spirits against the Word of God--that may be the greatest value. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lferretj

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 04:36:11 PM »

Hello again,
   Dennis: Yes I do dream in color, sometimes I wish I didn't dream at all so i could fall asleep faster, but most of the time I enjoy this gift from God. Most of the time it's like watching a movie in my head where I'm the main actors.

George: I've read a lot of the dream verses and their always seems to be an interpreter if it is indeed a dream from God, I guess I would assume that it would be pressed upon my heart that the dream would need interpreted but I don't get those kind of feelings or revelations when I dream.  If your wife doesn't mind sharing, when your wife dreams does she also ever get a physical feeling and or a deep sense of evil?  I guess I'm just trying to figure out if it is just my own evil/carnal self producing these dreams or if indeed it is something else.  If it comes from me--how can the light abide with the darkness--the question arises well do I indeed have the light?  If it comes from something else I need to work on putting on the armor of God.

Stevenator: I do have those kinds of dreams as well which are upsetting (poor hedgehog  :D) but the dreams I'm talking about always have an evil spirit element to them, like the person I'm talking too is possesed or not themselves. They always start out good and fun and then I always lose control of the dream and it turns scary, and It always has a physical feeling attached to it.  In other words they scare me real bad.  Hedgehog killing dogs don't scare me as bad  :D   I can't say I've experienced what your friend has but I would be interested to know if the sleep paralysis paralelled a nightmare.

Dave: Calling on the Lord has never failed to work for me either--it's encouraging to know your not in the battle alone and if your on God's side you always win.  Do you get a real physical sensation when you have those evil dreams?

Thanks for commenting,
         lferretj

Kat

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 04:47:28 PM »

Dream
DREAM, n. [G.]

The thought or series of thoughts of a person in sleep. We apply dream, in the singular, to a series of thoughts, which occupy the mind of a sleeping person, in which he imagines he has a view of real things or transactions. A dream is a series of thoughts not under the command of reason, and hence wild and irregular. (Webster, e-Sword)

Ecc 5:7  For in the multitude of dreams and many words there is also vanity. But fear God.

Note that Jesus nowhere refers to dreams, making them seem of little importance to me.  
Interesting only in the book of Matthew is there mention on dreams and these only in connection with warnings and announcements concerning Jesus (Mat 1:20; Mat 2:12, Mat 2:13, Mat 2:19, Mat 2:22; Mat 27:19).

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 05:05:32 PM »

It's not only been in dreams that I've had times like this.  Yes, I get a real physical sensation.  But I also got 'real physical sensations' (and sometimes still do) from a particularly 'good' worship service, or song, or film.  I know that that is the result of at least some form of manipulation.  So I'm inclined to say that these 'sensations' of evil can also be manufactured to some extent (or even completely) in my own mind.  That sounds like other parts of your dream life, yes?

There's no doubt that we 'manipulate' ourselves.  Just getting out of bed in the morning sometimes requires a LOT of self-manipulation.   ;D

I wouldn't focus so much on whether or not there is something wrong with you.  Of course there is!   ;D  We wouldn't need 'saving' if there wasn't.  But whether it is from without or within, God is greater.  Seems like He's given both of us a small demonstration of that.   :D

I'll tell you that this 'phenomenon' hasn't happened to me in years.  Clearly its something you have to go through.  Go with God.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:05:27 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 05:19:19 PM »

These two Scriptures talk about afterwards and Last Days dreams and prophesy.
The Book of Matthew has several dreams of warning from GOD to different people.
In the OT, over fifty verses some warning some prophecy. The subject is one that
Scripture does address quite a bit, but i have not yet found where Ray has spoken
on this subject. In The Scriptures dreams were important enough to mention many
times, so it is there to see for all.
???

Joel 2:28 
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Act 2:17 
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

This one about defilers rejecting authority and blaspheming the glorious ones

Jude 1:8 
Yet in like manner these people also, relying on their dreams, defile the flesh, reject authority, and blaspheme the glorious ones.

george. :)

prophecy: H2377 : (strongs) (NT)
חזון
châzôn
khaw-zone'
From H2372; a sight (mentally), that is, a dream, revelation, or oracle: - vision.

prophecy: H4853 (strongs) (OT)
משּׂא
maśśâ'
mas-saw'
From H5375; a burden; specifically tribute, or (abstractly) porterage; figuratively an utterance, chiefly a doom, especially singing; mental, desire: - burden, carry away, prophecy, X they set, song, tribute.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 05:36:13 PM by aqr »

mharrell08

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 05:40:47 PM »

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3565.0.html):

Dear Jolie:
I am not an interpreter of dreams, so I can't be much help to you on that one. As for Iraq, I hope you don't have to shoot anybody. What a mess. We will pray for your well-being and safe return. I don't get involved in politics, but I do have feelings for all the pain and suffering so many are having to go through.
God be with you,
Ray

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2355.0.html):

Dear Matthew:

No, I do not interpret dreams and visions. Sorry.

God be with you,

Ray

Dan 2:7  They answered again and said, Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation of it.

Dan 2:26  The king answered and said to Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make known unto me the dream which I have seen, and the interpretation thereof?

As with scriptures, dreams do not interpret themselves. I remember a member (AK4, I believe) had a similar thread...no one stated they could interpret dreams then. But that's seems to be the key...a dream without an interpretation seems worthless. Not to make light of your situation or anything but one who could interpret your dreams would be needed for you to understand them.

Marques

Marky Mark

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 05:45:01 PM »

I think Rays answer to this perplexing question speaks volumes.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4700.0.html

Hello Ray, My name is Nia

I just recently started reading your website. It's crazy that I spend hours upon hours reading when I really dont like reading much. Its interesting however because its back by scripture. To be honest Ray, after reading some of the things on your site, I'm almost scared to go to bed. It sounds crazy that I'm 23 but all I can think of is how angry The Lord is with this nation and how he is going to punish this nation. I do not have children and not married although I would love to be married one day but am scared to have children. Since the bible is saying what's going to happen, I definitely don't want to bring children in this mess. My boyfriend and I are talking about marriage but he wants children. How can anyone want to bring their children in a perverse world we live in? Besides that, I've been having these crazy dream-like nightmares of how all these buildings tall and small are collapsing and blowing up like someone is bombing the m. In these dreams people are being killed left and right without mercy. Fire and huge rocks that look like flying rocks on fire are being thrown from the sky and people are running for shelter but cant find any. If these are messages from God, I don't know but they are scaring the crap outta me. I'm already struggling with some personal things as far as keeping myself from lusting after my boyfriend and trying to watch what I say and think. I know I'm not a robot but I'm not trying to get hit by one of those huge rock fire balls or collapsing huge buildings here in the States I keep dreaming about. I've been having almost the exact same dreams since I was 15. So it has been 8 years. Can you enlighten me a little? I appreciate it very much and you have a blessed day. By the way, You have me cracking up by some of the words you use to describe misleading people.

Dear Nia:  There have been far worse times in history to have lived than in this age. God is our protection. You should have no fears regarding fiery rocks from the heavens and the like. Listen, you need to read and believe the 8th chapter of Romans. It starts off:  "There is therefore NOW [in this age of God's grace] NO CONDEMNATION to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Verse 1) It concludes with: "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword [or huge rock fire balls or collapsing buildings]?  As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor heigh t, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Verses 35-39).

God be with you,

Ray

Peace...Mark

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 06:08:21 PM »

Mark, Marques,

That is the extent of my understanding of Scripture and dreams, Scripture
interprets Scripture and Daniel Interprets Dreams.  :)

Currently i can only write about the experiences my wife or i have had so am
putting on my Spiritual Armor just in case those flying rocks or buildings do a
flyby of my area. :o

george. ;D

Ninny

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 06:36:25 PM »

Let me tell you of a dream I had about 29 years ago. It was such a vivid dream I still remember every detail of it! :
 I was standing next to Jesus. I didn't see his face, I just knew it was him. There was a table, a very long table. The table was so long I couldn't see the end of it. On this table were many, many sick people, mostly old folks and children. Jesus was walking the length of the table and I was walking along beside him, as he came to each person he would reach down and pick them up. As he picked them up they were completely healed and restored!  He set them down on the ground and they were leaping for joy! He did this all the way down the length of the table, I woke up before we reached the end of the table :'( I was so upset when I woke up that I asked "Why, Lord, why was it a dream? Why wasn't it real??") I was so heartbroken I cried for about 30 minutes after I woke up!
Kathy :)

lferretj

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »

Thank you for your posts.
    As for interpretation of dreams, that is not what I was seeking nor do I have a dream that I believe needs to be interpreted.  I was more interested in how evil spirits and or demons can effect us--an example being in dreams.  Sorry if that didn't come across very well.  

Dave: You seem to understand it pretty well, I guess I never thought of all the good physical responses I get from dreams as well.  The bad ones just seem to leave a lasting impression.  Thanks for the encouragement "God is greater." Amen.

George, Marque and Mark:  I hope someday to be used to dream dreams but the one's I'm having now are not from the Spirit of God.  I'm sure if God desires for me to have a dream from Him, He will also provide an interpretor and/or make it really clear.  As for Jesus not talking about dreams, that may be true, but He did cast out a lot of demons. And no, my dreams are more personal and don't include fireballs from heaven.

Ninny: I don't see why you were upset, it sounds like a very good dream indeed--and as we know all will be healed and restored one day and that is not just a dream but a reality.

Any other comments are welcome but I don't know where else to take this thread, I feel like I've battled lots of actual demons to get where I am and I was hoping I was done, then my dreams started again.  But, I'm still young and I'm sure God has plenty more spiritual battles prepared ahead of me.  Just wanted to know their were others battling with me and winning.  Thanks for taking the time.
       lferretj

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 07:26:41 PM »

Oh I have had dreams where there was definitely a spirit of discouragement! BUT in the dream I knew it was so I wasn't intimidated by it!
Now you noticed that dream I had was 29 years ago, I have matured considerably since then and I now understand it was real and it is true! Jesus heals and restores! :D
Kathy :)

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 02:10:21 AM »

Dream
DREAM, n. [G.]

The thought or series of thoughts of a person in sleep. We apply dream, in the singular, to a series of thoughts, which occupy the mind of a sleeping person, in which he imagines he has a view of real things or transactions. A dream is a series of thoughts not under the command of reason, and hence wild and irregular. (Webster, e-Sword)

Ecc 5:7  For in the multitude of dreams and many words there is also vanity. But fear God.

Note that Jesus nowhere refers to dreams, making them seem of little importance to me.  
Interesting only in the book of Matthew is there mention on dreams and these only in connection with warnings and announcements concerning Jesus (Mat 1:20; Mat 2:12, Mat 2:13, Mat 2:19, Mat 2:22; Mat 27:19).

mercy, peace and love
Kat

I had trouble explaining this to a friend once
This makes perfect sense to me! Thanks for posting that!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

musicman

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 11:21:23 PM »

Has anyone here had dreams where they saw something so freigtening that they couldn't move?  You know where you tried to run but your legs just wouldn't take you?  Well the other night I had such a dream.  I was walking through the park when lol and behold, I saw three really fine hot super model looking chicks.  Well, I said, "hey baby".  Anyway, they tried to run away but their legs just wouldn't carry them.  They were scared stiff.

I get no respect I tell ya.

EKnight

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 12:22:57 AM »

Keep dreamin musicman  ;)  ;D

Eileen

judith collier

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 05:25:44 AM »

I had one dream that came true just about down to the letter. It was a scary one too. But I have to tell you when God called me years ago I would have such tormenting dreams and when I woke up I would take a look at them figuring they were hanging around in my unconscious and without fail they were about fear. I figured out what most were trying to tell me and believe it or not they were a source of healing for many thoughts buried  deep in my unconscious. Here's an example of the unconscious working when one is AWAKE.         There was a lady at my children's school who I became friends with but could never remember her name(NEVER) this went on for about a month. One day I asked God to tell me (why I couldn't remember her name)I was getting so embarrassed when I would see her. I was sitting quietly and all of a sudden a memory came to me when I was a child. I would walk down the alley for my grandmother to get a pint of ice cream and she always said, "watch out for Bernice, she's a bad one" Bernice was a leader of a motorcycle gang that hung out at the ice cream shop. Well. guess what, that was the lady's name I couldn't remember. I had buried it out of fear. I never forgot her name again! Judy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.