bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking Back  (Read 3095 times)

Roy Martin

Looking Back
« on: February 19, 2009, 11:03:19 AM »

After reading all of Rays material,I have been doing a lot of looking back on my life as far back as I can remember,trying to remember every little detail,choices,actions,reactions,faults and failures,the good and the bad,the song and dance and so on. Its like connecting all the dots game to make squares.
  By doing this I clearly see free will non existing. Now I know why I made so many stupid choices. Many times I knew it was stupid at the time and would ask myself, what the heck am I doing or why am I doing something I hate. I cant count the times I have fought with myself and lost. Well now I dont feel stupid.
 Day to day life is so much easier now knowing that its God thats in control.
There was and is a reason for every thing we do. Doesnt that lighten the load? It does for me.
What a beautiful day it is.
 No longer do I see someone doing something or saying something and wonder why their doing something stupid.
Peace
Roy Martin

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 11:14:44 AM by Roy Martin »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Looking Back
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 03:17:12 PM »

Amen, Roy.

It's also been a blessing to me to be able to see why I've made so many of the wrong choices I've made.  It's been good to have the Spirit of God use some of these things to judge me and teach me--about my own carnality and weakness, and about the foolishness of the choices themselves.  It's wonderful to have a new and sure foundation and to look forward to being rebuilt.  We won't always be weak, willful, and ignorant and I'm thankful to God that work has already begun.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marlene

Re: Looking Back
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 07:25:33 PM »

I have to agree with you Roy and Dave! I never, thought I would find out why my past was the way it went. When, I first came in here, lots of things began to make sense. But, the most amazing thing is the peace it brought. Now, I am just so exctied to learn and obey more and more. I have to tell you God is definitely not boring!! He keeps me coming back for more . This life he gives is exciting.

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.